1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Double the Trouble by Ryuu_Ken - PG13

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Niffler Lord, May 17, 2006.

1. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

Of the two I'd go with the twins. or you could try something else, I doubt Harry would survive the harry hunting and other such things if he wasa pure gryff. Maybe harry thought he could have an easy time at school and thus got complacent.

2. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I'd say the Twins, but they ahve nothing to offer Harry.

They aren't particularly smart...they just mess around and blow shit up. They are simply a source of comic humor, and even that gets old, since people don't have the imagination to deviate from the typical:

1) They turn the Slytherins' hair green
    2) They turn people into animals.

Tee fucking hee.

The Sirius thing, since i am a fan of the portrait-master business as you can tell from Chimera, would eb thebest bet, but Sirius doesn't ahve much to offer either.

You need someone capable, powerful and knowledgeable.

My advice? Go with Kingsley. I'd put him on par with Moody, but less committed to Dumbledore. You can make him out to be disgusted with the way Dumbeldore forced Harry to Grimmauld Place. He's an Auror, smart, and can kick some amount of ass. What he lacks in power, he mroe than makes up for with knowledge.

DO NOT go with the "Dumbledore sent me to train you. Now, run 300 laps around the lake! You have to be in shape!"

I;m sure you can make it real good.

Other options:

1) Dawlish...could be worth it, if you come up with a good enough reason for him following Fudge in OotP.
    2) McGonagall...trasfiguration in battle
    3) Flitwick
    4) Dung...he's a shady guy, he'd have to know how to fight to live in the world that he does.
    5) Croaker from the Unspeakables
    6) Ollivander
    7) OC...a HitWizard you can make up, who got sacked by Fudge for allowign the fight at the DOM to happen. He and his friends who got fired with him can help Harry.

Dunno...if you need anything, PM me. Good luck

3. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Common Ryu update!! When can we expect an update?

4. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

I updated on Ficwad and I´ll post it on ff.net later. I´m curious what you all think of the new chapter. Comments are welcome.

5. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

WOOT!!

I did get a little confused by the little bit in the end but it looks like you will explain that later. I like the interaction in the bank and more that list made by Voldie. Actually I found that last part hilarious.

Nice work.

6. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

It was nice, as i told you on IRC...i liked the humor, and your ideas were quite interesting.

I hope to learn what happens with the Whyte family bit...and i would LOVE to see Harry bone the hell out of that sexah Madam de Wit...:D

Good luck writing.

7. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I love how Voldemort is written!!!

8. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

So it's been 3 years, no update, and only two chapters.

The Prologue: Complete WTF moment.

The author also put the first chapter in along with the Prologue, go figure.

Chapter 1: Harry is angry with the Order, though it's not really said why.

Great, so Harry all of a sudden is God!Harry to begin with and knocking out everyone including Dumbledore. Element of Surprise is one thing, beyond suspension of disbelief is another.

Not being a total prick doesn't lead to rash situations.

All of a sudden Fred and George know everything going on and the Order's plans? :rolleyes:

Second Chapter: Seems the author decided to start the story somewhat near more the beginning/middle, and we're at the middle now.

Harry figures out the one minute irregularity in his watchers shift, going to take advantage of it. Harry uses a technique called "safe falling" where he just falls to the ground. Of course, it's Dung on the shift when Harry escapes.

Then there's this:

Of course, a letter that ends up being from beyond the grave more then anything and just so happens to give Harry everything he needs to escape.

Dumbledore's an asshole to the Goblins which is unnecessary but hilarious all the same. Dumbledore and the Goblin make out some sort of deal. Then we get Voldemort's POV.

I loled at this though #7 is already true.

Then Voldemort tries to make Wormtail read it, but he can't since it's in parseltongue so he punishes Peter for the lulz. I loled again.

For what's there, I'd give it a 2.5/3 out of 5. If only because it's two chapters, some grammar problems, and a couple of other things I'll give it a 2/2.5 out of 5. It's not Library worthy being only two shortish chapter. It's a shame the author did not update this more as it did have potential if fixed up.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009