1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Dragon Lily By WerewolfWarrior - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Jenko, Feb 9, 2017.

1. EDWARD D CROCKETT

EDWARD D CROCKETT Muggle

If you did not actually read it! Albus created the body of Lily using the supposed stone. Lily's runic sacrifice cost her maternal instincts to Harry, while binding to him. I think this is a great story. Wish he had continued it!

2. DoM1539

DoM1539 Squib

Yh, it's easy to forget this when we talk about the fic. WerewolfWarriro usually has some good explanations to tie up any loose ends.

I wish he'd continued it in any form, but I miss the Fleur-Harry relationship the most, wierdly (atm) because it was blossoming into something more. By the last chapter there's an unsubtle hint that it's only Fleur that 'really makes him happy' because he casts his patronus using his memory of her and not from Narcissa. I think that's also WW's creeping aversion to *ncest kicking in before the incidentlol.

I think his latest story will eventually have more Fleur-Harry interactions (there already is a very decent amount) though her character in this one has been 'misguided, cynical, confrontational', whereas the Dragon Lily version was more tender, wise and actually interested in Harry rather another character - from what I remember at least.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I saw you're online and I have to ask - source or any hint on where you saw this lol?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Both links are dead on this, if someone has a copy of it they want to share, pm it to me and I'll update the OP.

You've already been warned once not to bump threads without something substantial to contribute.

4. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

This version still works.

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Thanks, I didn't read through closely enough to catch the other one. Updated OP.

6. EDWARD D CROCKETT

EDWARD D CROCKETT Muggle

7. DoM1539

DoM1539 Squib

There's another chapter I've found that exists/existed before. I have a feeling I may have read it before. But I can't find it anywhere. Not in any of backups and on what I've found online so far.
    It's only over 300 words, much lower than the 10,000 that other chapters reached, but it's substantial enough that it warrants a good look.
    I was looking at the Wayback machine backup of the last few dates that managed to save the page after deletion post March 28th. Unfortunately the whole story print link nor any chapter page for Chapter 21 work.

Anybody with backups that include the last chapter that come forward would be greatly appreciated.

8. DoM1539

DoM1539 Squib

I've accessed the fabled Chapter 21 of Dragon Lily that I've never read before, and I assume the uploader over at Fanfiction.net himself, Mahimboy, hasn't read either. I got the full epub file with the help of DemonShadow5000 on AO3 and Fanfiction.net
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/yz0s...+Werewolf+Warrior+-+Werewolfwarrior.epub/file
    It's not actually 300 words as I thought it was, because that was what showed on hpfanfictionarchive. There's actually 3000 words. It ends unfinished of course.
    I've also uploaded the file for posterity as I don't know mediafire's policies.

Attached Files:

9. DoM1539

DoM1539 Squib

No, I'm sure it was this person: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1221050/The-Great-Hall-of-Misanthropy
    The chapters seem similar. And she's also abandoned it two months after beginning it too.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11457581/1/The-End-of-All-Things-Magical

They say that they encountered the story and was not approached by WW. Also says WW did not want to be associated with this story. Also says she has WW's notes!

LOL - she admits it was Werewolfwarrior2015 in her profile even though she was told he didn't want to be associated with it. Maybe he meant that it had to be made explicit that he wasn't writing the story.

And it seems after 2015 WW wasn't able to contact her anymore and that was that.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  10. DoM1539

DoM1539 Squib

I have a cleaner, original copy of Dragon Lily - for some reason the one given to me by DemonShadow5000 had the last chapter badly formatted. Happily, this is not the case for a new copy I have that appears to have been accessed just before deletion from HPFFA by
    Dehvokan
    on reddit. It is a superb copy downloaded the same day the last available chapter was updated according to the 'Reddit user'.

Attached Files:

11. Pikachu

Pikachu Banned

I just read the last chapter. This guy writes so well. Why the hell did he abandon and delete such a good fic?

The magic dying concept, the magical theories and histories is so good it feels like i'm reading a published HP novel. Lily/Narcissa/Fleur triangle is fun as well. What a shame it's abandoned.