1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden Casefiles #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Votals

[3] Lyrium - Citrus (#408), Aekiel (#415), Titus (#459)

[3] Not Voting: Lyrium, Lexicat, Kalas

With 6 alive, it's 4 to hard lynch and 3 to soft lynch.

Deadline is in 52 minutes.

---------- Post automerged at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Day has ended. No more talking.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

First off, Titus it would not be a good idea to no-lynch. If we do so we give scum an extra opportunity to kill into LYLO, while if we lynch Lyrium and the scum fail to kill tonight we have an effective mislynch.

That said, there's a chance the game will end on this lynch. High hopes and low expectations is how I view things like this heh.

---------- Post automerged at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Wellp I misread that timer. G'night

3. Rubicon

DAY 5

A quiet voice awakens the remaining players, reverberating through the air with a haunting echo:

"Whew, that was close."

The Merlin has survived an attempt on his life.

Day 5 starts now.

LiveList

1. Kalas
    2. BillDoor
    3. Titus
    4. Zenzao
    5. Zennith
    6. Lexicat (Dermon)
    7. Aekiel
    8. RuckyRee
    9. Citrus
    10. Sloth
    11. Lyrium
    12. Zeitgeist
    13. Zircon

With 5 alive, it is 3 to hard lynch. There is no soft lynch.

Deadline is in 48 hours.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What's the word Citrus?

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Well thanks for townfirming me scum.

We can also confirm that either a) Lyrium was indeed scum or b) Merlin redirected a kill onto himself. Since the setup precludes b, we are in a one scum scenario.

I doubt Citrus would bone himself with such a manuever.

If Citrus is scum, he'd have to kill me and Merlin the next two nights, while pushing mislynches on Lexicat and Kalas.

If Citrus has a guilty, it should be GG, lynch ahoy. If the game doesn't end with that lynch, we lynch Citrus and win.

If Citrus has an innocent, then we lynch the other one of Lexi/Kalas. If the game doesn't end, then Citrus is scum.

---------- Post automerged at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Of course, the above presumes the godfather is not present. That's the big drawback. Given we are down two scum, that's a distinct possibility. If Citrus, claims a guilty, then we don't even need to worry about that scenario.

6. Koalas

High Score:
    Uhhh. You'll have to walk me through your train of thought here. I'm not following.

7. Titus

Titus Squib

If we mislynched, that would be at 5 alive going into night. All scum have to do is break through the wifom and get a kill. If they do that they win. It makes no sense whatsoever for a team with 2 scum remaining to make that shot.

Thus, Lyrium was scum. (Well, we could suppose Citrus was scum by himself and both early lynches were accurate, but that is unlikely).

8. Koalas

High Score:
    For the sake of argument say two scum are alive, Citrus and Lexi. Aekiel is still the only kill that makes sense, hitting me would run the risk of townfirming me/having the kill redirected onto them.

Same situation in a town!Citrus world actually. One thing is for sure though two scum and town Lexi can't exist in the same world.

---------- Post automerged at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

/bed though. Post more in the morning.

---------- Post automerged at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Dead thread is dead.

Proposal: Lynch Lexi.

As it stands we either have one scum alive or two scum of which Lexi is one.

9. Rubicon

Votals

[1] Lexicat - Kalas (#468)

[4] Not Voting: Aekiel, Citrus, Lexicat, Titus

Deadline is in 1 day, 7 hours, 22 minutes.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Kalas is town (report assuming no redirection shenanigans).

That townfirm is a huge deal, since we have a mislynch AND two confirmed towns.

@Kalas
    Right now I feel like your play this game has been an under-the-radar type deal. Which does make sense as Elaine, but also does as the King. Did you play this way on purpose, or why have you been fairly quiet until about yesterday? What's particularly odd to me is I feel like you've been trying to take control as of yesterday/today. Why are you trying to take control, considering we have 2 competent clears now?

@Lexicat
    Your predecessor Dermon was playing very quietly, which is quite odd for a Vanilla-role. You posted a ton early yesterday which was also pretty useful, but then you kind of slowed down your momentum the rest of the day. Any comments on Dermon's behavior prior to your entry? What really struck me about him is that he posted very rarely, but the times that he did showed he was keeping up with the thread fairly closely.

---------- Post automerged at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Why the early vote? Not early from the amount of day that's passed yet today (missed quite a lot for going out drinking yesterday lolz), but definitely early considering the number of posts.

Lexicat, where are you?

11. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

you do understand that from your PoV, Lyrium had to be scum right? And in that scenario, since she's dead, there is literally no scum role left alive that will show up as scum to you?

Your results are essentially useless unless you get a "guilty" result.

So the only townfirmed people are you and Titus (since it is confirmed not only that Merlin lived, and but also that Titus is the thing she said). Aekiel's claim makes him pretty obvious town.

So this is pretty simple. We lynch Kalas today, you investigate me tonight. It's pretty much guaranteed there are not 2 scum left.

---------- Post automerged at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Plus, I mean, look at how I've approached this day and game so far, as opposed to how, say, Kalas has.

The choice should be fairly obvious.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Lol Lexi. Me and Citrus cannot be scum together. You and Citrus, however can.

---------- Post automerged at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Well I was gone half of Day 1. Day 2 was catching up and midterms. Day 3 I'd like to think I put my share of pressure on Zennith. YesterDay and ToDay have been endgame with quite a lot of unconfirmed PRs.

If someone else was coming up with a reasonable way of winning it'd be fine. Titus posts, however, rollercoaster in quality and Aekiel is not posting nearly enough. You're not confirmed Town (and not posting enough) and Lexi is probably scum.

Vote is on Lexi because she's most likely scum as well as its the only play that makes sense. Anything else could easily lose us the game.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

What? There's no way there can be two scum left because
    A) Zennith self-hammered and
    B) Lyrium was scum.

Why on Earth would a 2-scum team attack Merlin? The only situation where that makes sense is if Merlin redirected the kill onto himself.

---------- Post automerged at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Actually now that I think about it, that would be a reasonable move by Aekiel because it would confirm Titus as scum OR give us the two townfirmed situation we're actually in now. But deferring til Aekiel appears since obviously he knows what he did.

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry about the inactivity: I've been incredibly hungover today.

I re-directed Citrus onto Lexicat last night.

15. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Right right right, sorry. Aekiel is confirmed town, not Citrus. Aekiel is Merlin, and it was confirmed that Merlin survived a shot last night.

1 Merlin
    - Each Night, target two players. Anything that affects one of these players will affect the other one instead. This ability may redirect the Red Court’s Night Kill, but does not affect any protection awarded by Elaine Mallory nor does it affect the Red Duchess. Can not self target.

All this means, Aekiel, is that anyone who tried to target Citrus with an ability targetted me instead and vice versa.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

FYI it's not vice-versa it's one way I think (Aekiel said it yesterday)

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Twice. It'd have gone Citrus - Lexi, but not Lexi - Citrus.

Okay, in a one scum world with two town-confirmed players we can safely mislynch once before scum win.

I'd suggest we kill Lexicat today and Kalas tomorrow if the game hasn't ended. I'm fairly sure that Citrus is town, but we can't assume that her Kalas check is true because of the Red King.

Vote: Lexicat

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Also, we don't have a soft lynch today, so at some point before day end someone will have to hammer.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    Because, unless I completely missed something, you are NOT confirmed town? Thus a Citrus/Lexi scumteam is completely possible and hitting Aekiel was the only viable kill because I would obviously be protecting Titus and you can't run the risk of hitting me.

19. Titus

Titus Squib

Ok, I am paranoid. Someone explain why Citrus and Kalas are not the scum team?

20. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Votals

[2] Lexicat - Kalas (#468 ) Aekiel (#477)

[2] Not Voting: Citrus, Lexicat, Titus

Deadline is in 13 hours.

Mod Note: I want to apologize for my recent absence guys, I know I've been a little lackluster lately in some of the modding. There was a family emergency, everything's ok now and I'm back and willing to finish this game out. I also really want to thank you guys for sticking it through whilst this has been going on. Hopefully it's not decreased the fun and enjoyment you've gotten out of this. That said, play on please, I really want to see how this ends.