1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden Casefiles #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm more inclined to believe Citrus in light of Lyrium's play after the cop claim. I've already explained why I think we were dealing with a one-man scum team at the 5-man mark, since scum play has been oriented towards the long game for the past couple of days.

So, given this view, it seems to me that scum's (aka Kalas') only chance has been to play the long game while trying to make it seem as though scum were playing for the quick win. This is especially true given that he has been trying to dictate who should be protected each night, which would have given him free reign over one or two people for choice of kill.

This gamestate doesn't make sense to me any other way. If Lexi and Citrus were on a scumteam, we should have lost a couple of nights ago. Therefore, I'm going to bet on Kalas being scum.

Vote: Kalas

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Some quick lynch train breakdowns since I have a few minutes to spare.

DAY 1:
    [4] Luckylee - Aekiel (#108 ) Sloth (#80) Citrus(#90) Zennith (#91)
    [6] Sloth - Zenzao (#82) Lexicat (#83) Kalas(#92) Zeitgeist(#94), RuckyRee(#96), BillDoor(#98 ),
    [1] Titus - Zircon (#32)
    [1] Zircon - Lyrium (#127)
    [1] Not Voting - Titus

Hey look, you've got your scum pushing the mislynch! Don't want to group those votes up there do you?

DAY 2:
    [3] Luckylee - Zeitgeist (#194) Zircon (#227)
    [6] Zennith - Bill Door (#165) Luckylee (#214) Titus (#217) Kalas (#218 ) Citrus (#223) Zennith (282)
    [3] Not Voting - Aekiel, Lyrium, Lexicat

And a pretty safe position for bussing as 4th vote.

By the way, to those of you out there that actually doubt Lyrium!scum and are entertaining Lexicat!scum, go through and look at interactions with confirmed scum Zennith.

[4] Zircon - Luckylee (#294), Aekiel (#299), Kalas (#307), Citrus (#309) Lyrium (#333)
    [4] Not voting - Lexicat, Titus, Zircon

For those of you just checking in, Lyrium hard-hammered our day early - and when we have soft-lynch too! Also jumping on that easy mislynch wagon pretty early on.

DAY 4:
    [2] Lexicat - Kalas (#468 ) Aekiel (#477) Titus (#XXX)
    [2] Not Voting: Citrus, Lexicat

Hey look, you pushed a mislynch in a 2-town 1-scum scenario! Surprise surprise. Early bird gets the worm rings true here doesn't it.

---------- Post automerged at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

DAY 4:
    [3] Lexicat - Kalas (#468 ) Aekiel (#477) Titus (#XXX)

Fixed totals bracket, because I had to type the train up myself (night post was missing it tsk tsk)

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can lynch you and win, how's that sound?

No you didn't. You said, in the paragraph I quoted, other posts and even the one you just wrote that you considered Lexi scummy based on behavior. You don't then get to go 'I knew he was town the whole time' when the game doesn't end.

From the Citrus!scum perspective yes.

She played awfully period, regardless of role. I just can't fathom the waste of a guilty check on her when you could have just as easily put it on me. It did kill discussion but was it really worth it?

A check on Lexi would mean you were more suspicious

---------- Post automerged at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Bleh. I'll finish post after my lab. Sorry guys.

4. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Votals

[2] Kalas - Citrus (#492) Aekiel (#501)
    [1] Citrus - Kalas (#493)

[1] Not Voting - Titus

With 4 alive it's 3 to hard lynch. There is no soft lynch.

There are 3 hours left.

5. Koalas

High Score:
    I just got out of my lab. any chance of an extension till when day would've ended without the early night Riley?

---------- Post automerged at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Post up in say forty minutes guys.

6. Riley

7. Koalas

High Score:
    Thank you Riley. Lifesaver.

---------- Post automerged at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

of her. Meaning you'd have to justify (your) much preferred lynch on me. And lol. Like you'd ever risk pushing back at Titus. Me as scum is basically the first opinion you've had all game. Ignoring that pretty bs preemptive busing of Zennith in post 90.

Idiocy? Yes. I'll give you props to outliving your teammates but this hasn't exactly been inspired play. This is seriously our game to lose.

---------- Post automerged at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

LOL. Is anyone else seeing this shit? Third of it is WIFOM bullshit, a third is equally applicable to me or Citrus and the last third is me being scummy for having an opinion. Jesus Christ.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

1) I checked Lyrium because I wanted to confirm whether she was scum or not, because her play indicated it. Same reason I checked Titus, because there came a point where I started to question whether her tunneling was based on falsified reasoning. I don't control my reports and Titus didn't play wisely at all for a Red King role, and lo and behold she's townfirmed now.

2) Are you telling me now I should have checked whom I suspected less? Because that's laughably dumb, especially with a detection-immune role in the game. At that time, Lexicat could be anything while you could only be the Red King. Add her passive behavior to the odds and that was enough to justify the lynch regardless of any doubts I had.

3) No shit it's our game to lose, we had to have mislynched town 3 times to get to this point. And hey look, you're on the wagon for every single town mislynch. Also note how you're fairly early on every town mislynch wagon, and late on Zennith's. This just screams pushing town mislynches and bussing scummates.

4) "Me as scum is basically the first opinion you've had all game. "
    Are you fucking kidding me? Have you completely forgotten that there was a player called Ruckyree in this game? Because I haven't. And that's besides everything else I've said this game. It's pretty obvious you're just making up shit.

5) Second time you've tried to use that bullshit WIFOM argument. Yes, you have to account for WIFOM. No, you can't claim anything and everything as WIFOM when it points to you as scum. Your opinion was scummy yesterday because you tried to set a "Lexi/Citrus team" pretty early on. The only reason you'd want to do that is because you were already planning ahead to today and wanted a pre-stated reason to go after me.

---------- Post automerged at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Messed up the day lynch train analysis because 2 night posts were missing them. Corrected Day 4 and 5:

DAY 4:
    [3] Lyrium - Citrus (#408 ), Aekiel (#415), Titus (#459)
    [3] Not Voting: Lyrium, Lexicat, Kalas

DAY 5:
    [3] Lexicat - Kalas (#468 ) Aekiel (#477) Titus (#XXX)

And would you look at that, you didn't get on the the wagon the one time it was your scummate who was on the chopping block.

So we have early votes on evey single town mislynch, a late vote on a bus, and a no vote on your other scummate (granted you couldn't jump on the Lyrium wagon late because of hard-hammer, but it also shows you didn't jump on before it was inevitable, unlike Zennith's where you saw what was coming and did jump on).

9. Koalas

High Score:
    There is literally nothing in this post that's worth saying in a town world.
    Empty words, followed by 'sky is blue' obvious statements of fact.

No. I'm saying checking Lexi as town or scum is equally bad for very different reasons. Thus you not checking is not evidence of anything.

Aekiel, Titus. Do you see this highlighted section? Can you please, please, please tell me you see what wrong with it?

Are you actually for real right now? Day 1 your on LL, who was pretty obviously town vs me on Sloth who was actually acting scummy. Day 2 your votes on Zennith literally five posts after me. Day 3 votes on Zircon two posts after me. And finally Day 4, where you were more and more ok with a Lexi lynch (your words) except you didn't vote for her (your actions) and when game didn't end (obviously) you knew she was town all along and it was that dastardly Kalas pushing his scum lynch. Please.

First opinion that really stuck in my head sorry. I forgot that time you pushed for a town lynch then NK'd him later.

If I'd actually done anything scummy this game it'd be fine. When you take things that are at worst, neutral and spin in into this grand scum tells then yes, I'll call you out on your BS.

And of COURSE I wanted to go after you. You. Are. Scum. I said this looooooong before Lexi lynch was a thing. See post 454. Heck I'll quote it for you.

I called the game winning lynch fucking 50 posts ago.

tl;dr : Keep throwing your shit at the wall Citrus. Eventually something might stick.

---------- Post automerged at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

I know you don't have anyone around to do your thinking anymore but jesus fuck Citrus.

A) Wagon analysis is not the end all be all in online play. I have deliberately placed votes in weird places as scum before to mess such limited play up. Its helpful, yes, but more as a reference point to look at posts in detail.

B) Secondly, and hilariously, everything wagon-related you have said equally applies to yourself. Everything you have said makes me look scummy makes you look scummier. (With the exception of the Lyrium wagon, but even you could figure out first-voting a 'guilty check').

C) Keep on throwing.

10. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Day has ended. No more talking.

11. Riley

DAWN OF DAY 6

"Now you're just boring me and wasting all of our valuable air time dammit. This is not what I had in mind folks. Let's get cracking. There's only four of you, this shouldn't be too hard."

A wind blows through the near silent warehous.

"Fine, penalty round. You have one day to make a decision. If you don't I blow everyone up. Simple, easy, smart. Get to it."

Day ends in 30 hours.

Livelist

1. Kalas
    2. BillDoor
    3. Titus
    4. Zenzao
    5. Zennith
    6. Lexicat (Dermon)
    7. Aekiel
    8. RuckyRee
    9. Citrus
    10. Sloth
    11. Lyrium
    12. Zeitgeist
    13. Zircon

With 4 alive, it is 3 to hard lynch. There is no soft lynch.

As it has been requested: There is no Tie in this game, you either win or lose.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Aekiel, Titus thoughts?

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    I said my piece yesterday. Kalas being scum is the world that makes the most sense to me.

Mostly though, I just want this game done. It should rightly have ended yesterday.

14. Koalas

High Score:
    In what sense? The Double unconfirmed PR claims? The bullshit wagon 'analysis'?

15. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Please Hold.

16. Riley

END INTERMISSION

"Well well well, looks like you get a reprieve. The higher ups are saying that the ratings dipped too far with the little stunt I had planned. They want to see what might happen with the lights off.

Fine. Fine fine fine. you don't have to lynch if you don't want to. But if you manage to get to the end of the day and the night and no one dies....everyone dies.

There's only 22 hours to go. I'll be nice and give you an extra two hours"

The deadline is in 22 hours.

17. Koalas

High Score:
    Yay? Now would be a good time to post Titus. Or for Aekiel to reappear. W/e

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    The scenario where scum were playing the long game when they could have easily won the short game and where you have been trying to dictate protection choices since the massclaim. It makes sense to me that you're the last scum and have been since Lyrium died.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Bullshit because you don't like how it makes you look? Btdubs, throwing out an almost OMGUS is not a defense.

And in my experience vote wagon analysis gives quite a lot of insight in explaining behavior. Once this game is over I'll ask your opinion again so I can get your actual opinion on it.

20. Titus

Titus Squib

My gut screams Citrus here. It is midnight. I will explain in the morning.