1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden Casefiles #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Alright Aek, whats your take on the handful of new people in this game?

2. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Probably the king, if only because there's no way to tell for sure. But the Baron's dangerous too, but perhaps more vulnerable. I feel like the Red Duchess is quite strong while the others are alive with her guaranteed kill potential, but not so much on her own. What's your take on the matter?

3. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Well now it seems I must rework my entire strategy.

Or just someone that thought the game was designed with ultimatums in mind.

My favorite snack food are oranges.
    Note how I didn't say blood. A telling statement if there is one.

4. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

It's odd how you're deflecting attention away from Bill by placing a nonsensical vote on me. Citrus, your trigger-happy tendencies have been noted.

Bill, Sloth has responded to your actions. Do you now mind telling us why exactly you jumped gun and voted for him? Right now, Sloth seems like a derp!newb, probably a vanilla, rather than a scum player, and if anything, the fact that we're ignoring players like Zenzao and Lyrium are using "fluff" deflecting questions perturbs me a little.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sloth has been playing the newbie card very strong so far. I'm not sure whether it's being faked or not at this stage, but he's being somewhat proactive with his questioning of people as well. I'll need more info to form a decision here.

Sloth: Think of three serious questions, then direct them at different people.

Citrus hasn't done much of anything so I've got no data either way on him.

Citrus: What is your analysis of the thread so far? Has anyone come off as scummy to you and why?

Lyrium has posted about mechanics and little more. I'm not inclined to read that as scum at this stage, but it's not making me think town either.

Lyrium: Who is your top scum read and why aren't you voting for them?

Zenzao: I like cream crackers with cheese. /Wallace

6. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Why do you think that my vote was premature?

I voted for him for three reasons. One his question was bad and deserved it. Two I wanted to see both his and other people's reactions to my vote, they were interesting. Three someone had to start actually playing the game instead of asking pointless questions like everyone had been doing up until then.

---------- Post automerged at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

@Luckylee, how about you make a post that's more than one line long?

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I wasn't aware that asking a question required two lines, Bill. If someone wants to shoot me one, go for it. Atm, I don't have anything to ask that hasn't already been asked.

8. Bill Door

You can say things that aren't questions, comment on the game. Who do you like/not like? Generally do something?

---------- Post automerged at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

That applies to everyone btw. Less than 50 posts in like a day and a half is terrible. You know something is wrong when I have the highest post count on day 1.

9. Aekiel

High Score:
    Nephew's christening is taking time away from me but I'll try to keep track.

If everyone would answer the questions asked to them then asked some more, that would be appreciated.

10. Zeitgeist

Finally, Bill actually says something with which I agree. :p

All of you should be posting more actively and more substantively. And once again, Kalas has gone silent. I would point a finger at him, but urgh, what he's the bloody Priest-equivalent again. Wouldn't that be peachy and lovely? >_>

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    Vote: Zeitgeist

That is not a town mindset. Holding back on accusations for such flimsy reasoning reeks of scum trying to blend in.

12. Zeitgeist

Vote for me, and you will regret it. And it's not flimsy reasoning: I don't want to vote for Kalas until he actually comes in here and posts. After gauging his reactions, I'll then vote. I don't want to jump the gun, like some of the people in here already have. Yes, I'm looking at you, Citrus, Sloth, BD.

13. Bill Door

Zeit, answer my question. Why do you think my vote on Sloth was premature?

14. Zeitgeist

Because you voted when Sloth asked a question. Granted, it was a terrible question, but considering that he's a newbie, you seemed awfully trigger-happy. Personally, I wouldn't vote for somebody until they had a chance to justify themselves, but you jumped straight to the chase. Considering that newbies are prone to making mistakes, a fact that he know quite well, I wonder why on earth you did that.

15. Bill Door

Okay we really disagree on the best way to use votes then.

16. Zeitgeist

Mainly, in HoT1 and HoT2, I saw what can happen with ill-advised votes: a newbie made an inane comment, somebody jumps on it, we have a lynch train. Of course, the town should always lynch, but it shouldn't be a decision that we make lightly.

17. Bill Door

I'd rather have a lot of people voting then no one doing anything until the last few hours of the day and ending up with a lynch that no one really wants.

18. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Eh. The only comments I could make would be... gut feels which people basically just dismiss, Bill. I usually don't bother.

Sloth is pretty confident for a new guy, which is somewhat weird. But you're already pressuring him so I felt no need to comment.

Aek is posting useless questions Day 1, but he always does that. It doesn't really mean much :/

Zeit is posting pics and I always think thats scummy as knobs, but last time he did it, he was town. And his last post "Vote for me and you'll regret it" is... weird? I doubt a powerole would imply that so easily, so he might be baiting.

Nobody else is posting so I don't really have anything to say about them.

---------- Post automerged at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Oh, Zennith had a one line post about mechanics discussion. Lol, null.

19. Bill Door

There's nothing wrong with going off gut feels. They're as good as anything on Day 1.

20. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

[1] Sloth - Bill Door (#21)
    [2] Zeitgeist - Citrus (#29), Aekiel (#51)
    [1] Zeelthor - Zircon (#32)

[9] Not Voting - Zennith, Zeelthor, RuckyRee, Dermon, Zenzao, Zeitgeist, Kalas, Lyrium, Sloth

With 13 alive, it is 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in 1 day 4 hours 51 minutes

Announcements: Just a reminder Kalas is on vacation with limited internet access, but he expects to be back and able to post by late Sunday.