1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden Casefiles #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Aekiel, while I understand votes can be changed I like to feel right about it and not keep changing unless there is relevant information.

Right now my top suspects are the people who voted very early and then didn't come back to comment or explain. We need seven to lynch someone so their vote is useless unless everyone jumps on their bandwagon or they pop back in and change.

Questions:

Zircon, why lynch vote Zeelthor?

Zeelthor, what is your response to Zircon?

Bill, who else do you find suspicious and why? What do you think of Aekiel?

Aekiel, what do you know or think of Zircon, Zeelthor, and Kalas?

RuckyRee, point a finger at someone that feels wrong and ask a question.

Zeit, I feel like you're saying the most sensible things but I don't entirely follow your votes. Why Aekiel?

---------- Post automerged at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Edit: Actually I misread that last post by Riley. Aekiel voted for Zeitgeist not the other way around. Unless he can explain why, that seems really odd.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Zeit's reaction to my vote on Sloth was kinda strange and could hint at them being aligned, but Zeit is at least posting which is more than I can say about most other players so I don't really want to lynch him atm.

I really didn't like Luckylee's post #22, it's something I could imagine Lucky saying as scum to try and fit in without needing to express opinions of his own.

Also Dermon because his one post is kinda like what Zeit did and he has vanished after.

I like Aekiel so far, I usually have a scum read on him regardless of he's town or scum but I don't this game which makes me think he has to be town.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The fact that you have a strategy right now in day 1 as a newb raises more flags than pleading innocent. No vanilla townie should have much to work with, especially with the assumption that votes are permanent. Anyone else following me here? You're either scum or a poor tactician for the White Council, which hinders our odds of winning.

In my defense: I haven't played a regular mafia game like this in over a year. I'm more used to the pace set in Survivor: Redemption, which got me back into this side of the forum. I followed the flow Aek started to try and raise some more discussion.

I do find it interesting that no one else has followed up on your question here.

Not what I expected. I suppose my own favored snack food would be string cheese. I can knock out most of a pack in one sitting.

4. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Zen, my favorite snack would probably be blueberry yogurt. :)

5. Bill Door

Jaffa Cake master race.

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Siiiigh. This is boring. Sloth is confident, I don't see the need to point that out when a bajillion other people have already done so/quoted.

Aek does the same thing every day 1 regardless of alignment, just look at past games.

I think the thing on Zeit is self explanitory?

Ncie to have you join us, Lyrium.

7. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You keep saying Zen and it confuses the fuck out of me.

And honestly, I don't know what else to add right now to the discussion, we seem to be moving slowly. I do think it seems likely that Sloth is something other than a vanilla, but don't really have a read on scum or not. If I had to vote right at this moment, though, it'd probably be for Zeit. But there's just not enough out there on the table for me to be at all confident in that call.

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Why would it be on Zeit, Zennith?

9. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mostly in the interest of making something happen, since there are already a few votes for him. Like I said, that's not good enough yet, so I haven't actually voted.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ugh. You people suck at driving discussion.

Everyone: Give me three scum reads with reasons.

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Give 3 scum reads with reasons... day 1? Lol. I'll pass.

12. Bill Door

Vote Luckylee

Do eet.

Do the three i posted a while back count aek?

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    How about no? I'm not gonna waste my time throwing out bs scum reads Day 1 to try and look towny, it's useless/pointless and annoys me.

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Was this directed at me or at Luckylee?

---------- Post automerged at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Vote: Luckylee

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Eh, fine.

Scum I; Sloth. Why? See above listed reasons in post #63.
    Scum II; Zeit. Why? Defending Sloth and trying to see subversive anarchy in simple conversation material.
    Scum III; Kalas. Why? Sure, his absence might be real-life related, but that doesn't rule him out as having a scum role that can afford to wait around until the late hours of Day 1 to strike. In short, we know nothing at all about him so far. I'd be more worried if he were truly a White Council member as his delays in posting here should rightly set us up as paranoid and therefore more likely to axe him early on.

Get in here and start defending yourself, Kalas!

---------- Post automerged at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

Also: We'll respond to any counter/arguments when I get back online. Dinner's calling.

---------- Post automerged at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Correction: Will, not we'll.

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    What about Zeelthor? Does he get a pass since he's new, Zenzao?

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Wonderful! There's posts in here now!

I just wanted to check in briefly, but I'll be back later (couple of hours hopefully) to read through and post my thoughts

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    That is actually a good point. What about Zeelthor? I don't see a single post by him in here since the game started. So make that Scum III: Zeelthor/Kalas. Zeel appears to be lurking like mad whereas we've heard Kalas has justification for his absence.

Either a vanilla townie and thus seeing no point in posting/playing, which is counter to the town's survival, or a scum role that is limited. I can't see anyone on the White Council sitting on their thumbs even with how slow the discussion has been.

19. Bill Door

You.

10chrs

20. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I'd like to point out no one answered my question on Bill, so I'll direct it to you, Aekiel, as you seem to have previous experience: Is Bill usually known for defensive play and quick voting?

Next...
    Is that a threat?
    Also, given that I have yet to vote, how, exactly, have I jumped the gun?

Finally,
    Let's talk about why anyone, new or not, would walk into this sort game without some form of strategy.
    What exactly is the logic of that? I'm not trying to insult any of you, but has anyone ever come into this game without an idea of where to try and steer it, poorly-thought-out or otherwise? Really?
    And if not, which I hope is the answer, why is my doing so such a telling statement to you, Zenzao?

Hm.
    Vote: Ruckyree
    Reason: He always seems to be saying the same thing: "All sides are saying what I think, I have no reason to comment, moving along..."
    Basically very noncommittal, vague statements that just go along with everyone, as if trying to play all sides and stay on their good graces, without saying anything of substance.
    Either that or he has no interest in the game.

1: Obviously, Rucky. Reasons above.

2: Zenzao. Let's say, for the sake of argument, I am more than just a Town. If I'm a Red, the fact that I'm still learning would mean that I'm the Red you want to save for last, I'll be easy pickings--but maybe you want to get rid of me quick, that's fine too.
    But
    , let's say I'm council. Even if I'm bad at what I do, I'm still of use, in that there's a possibility I can find a Red during the Night. The fact that you're so invested in swaying everyone to toss me aside this early is strange.
    Though you haven't voted yet either. Maybe you're waiting for the bulk to be in your favor.

3: This one's a stretch, but Aekiel. He's been one of the most active so far, asking most of the questions and answering them. Could be nothing. Could be that he wants to maintain some sort of control of where the conversation goes.