1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden's Dilemma

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Riley, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Lynch: klackerz because somebody needs to be lynched, and why not lynch a drunk scum-slip?

2. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Since I continue to be a bit confused, I'm gonna tentatively suggest this re-stating of the current rules:

Red Queen: The Red Queen can chose to devour any one player during the night as a Night Kill. This grants her pawn a Blood Counter. She shares a QT with her Pawn. Her goal is to slaughter all but her faction.

Martin/Willing Red Pawn: The Willing Red Pawn is a dedicated, secret body guard to the Red Queen, unrequited love binding him to her service and making him an ideal protector from the White Court. He's protected from White Court Taint, and, should the Red Queen be targeted with the taint, will throw his life on the line to protect her. This removes a Blood counter: if the Queen is targeted and Martin has no counters, he dies.

The White Court:

The White King: Proud ruler of the White Court, the King has the power to Enthrall a human every night without their knowledge. If the Red Queen is targeted and has no pawn to protect her, she dies. His goal is to Enthrall all living players, and he shares a QT with his Thrall.

Willing White Thrall: This individual has chosen to serve the White King, and is his protector from the deadly machinations of the Red Queen. If she attempts to devour the king, the Willing Thrall will die in his stead.

This is the way I'm understanding the court interactions: Riley, am I wrong?

3. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Lynch: Jibril

It was weird how quickly he copied the post in front of him, using the exact thought process of Rubicon without having any thoughts for himself so far in the game.

4. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Schro....I love you, no homo. I will replace the original script with yours when I get to a computer.

5. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

@LochNess - So I'm a scum, because I didn't elaborate on why I agree with Rubicon? I voted for lynching klackerz, because using excuse of being drunk is flimsy and suspicious. Nothing more to add. Also we need to lynch somebody.

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I have no clue what you are. I voted for you to put some pressure and see how you (or anyone else - hey there, Schro) reacted. But your question is pretty weird. Are you new to mafia or did you really believe I could have "pegged" you as scum - and a precise role to boot - after a single post of yours?

Schro: can you tell me what you meant with the first part of post #19?

Typhon: pick a player with no votes and tell me something about him/her.

7. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Stojil: Sure, no problem. It's actually my bad: I misread the post you were replying to (regarding NobelFiction's night shift) and thought that you were saying that since he had a night action, he was clearly scum when in reality it would give him a 3:2 chance of being Townie. TL;DR I need to lrn2reading comprehend.
    Out of curiosity, what /were/ you trying to say to him?

I personally don't have any suspicions yet, though I agree with Loch nesss that Jibril is a bit suspicious for the clone post. First night is a crapshoot in which we just hope we don't hit a townie.
    Rubicon: What was Klackerz's scum slip? I can't seem to find it.
    Tentatively,
    I'm not married to it.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

He said he was happy this game started when it did so he'd have something to do (post/play, I assume) during his night shift, but since he didn't post in the thread, he either played somewhere else (scum QT, for example) or he just didn't play at all. The latter case is meh/fine, the former is potentially bad, obviously. So I voted for him to see what he'd say.

9. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

Well I voted twice during my shift. At 3am, when I noticed the game started for good, and again after 6am but there was hardly anything to response to, except one awfully quick and potentially suspicious lynch vote. And after that I hit the sack and woke up to find two votes on my name.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think kalckerz made two reading comprehension failures, and approximately zero scum-slips.

Jibril, did you just copy Rubicon's post without reading anything?

11. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

I read it, and I agreed with Rubicon. Thats all.

I'm off to sleep.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  12. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So yes.

13. Schrodinger

High Score:
    I'm still not married to lynching Jibril...

but engagement is not out of the question. Seems like our best target so far?

14. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I would probably go with Jibril. Rubicon and he made two votes 10 minutes apart for same "reason".

The more I read those two posts the more they look scum.

So, yeah.

15. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Jibril seems like a good choice. Bandwagoning on Klackerz for a nonexistent scumslip with more than 24 hours left in the day seems a bit too pushy for me.

I'd still like to hear more from Klackerz, though, now that he's (presumably) no longer drunk. Making a stupid statement and covering it up as being drunk should not qualify as activity.

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Well, I'm still trying to get a feel for everybody. That said, I don't think Rubicon has any votes at the moment, and I felt like it was pretty suspicious that he started the drunk scum slip thing. It felt like an attempt to take the ill will against "drunken" posts (which, for the record, I completely agree with) and use that momentum to get rid of Klack. I'm not confident enough in my reads to decide whether that's just over zealousness or an attempt to knock out a townie from scum, but I didn't like it.

Since I'm posting, though, I also thought it was pretty suspicious of Jibril to take the same flawed reasoning and parrot it back. Very suspicious, actually. I think it's definitely early for jumping on a bandwagon because we "have to lynch somebody", especially considering our odds of taking out a pro-town power. If I had to pick somebody for scum, it would be him.

Actually, on that note, I think I'm going to cast a tentative vote.

Just so I'm not called out for bandwagoning after railing against it above, I will say that I'm far from locked in to that. Mostly, I just want an explanation beyond what we've received. Where was this scum slip? I'd also like to hear from Rents and Sesc, they've been pretty silent.

17. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could we have time? I'm going to be unavailable for a few more hours, just got home from work, watching Django with grandparents, then girlfriend, so I'm going to be absent most likely.

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

ebwop: time as in "when is twilight/night"

I'm not sure of anyone to lynch yet.

18. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Interesting. Rescind Vote. But here's something I need to know:

@NobelFiction, is this your first game of Mafia?

Anyway. LochNess comes out and posts the vote for Jibril. Two hours later Schrodinger posts a "xxx, but also yyy"-undecisive useless-post meant to leave all paths open in case he ever needs to eat his words; in other words, a preemptive alibi should his vote turn out to be bad. I dislike that. A lot. And then, when no one immedeately pounces on the two-wagon, he pushes a bit more (#53), and bingo, it works.

Calling Mafia!Schrodinger now. You may thank me later.

Also, Lynch Klackerz because drunk scum-slip.

19. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Er... I've gotten in trouble in before for voraciously going after people who I feel are not contributing. I've gotten in trouble for not participating enough. And now you think I'm scum Because I tried for a happy medium? 'Not wanting to get lynched' isn't a scum tell.

Also, I still don't get what klackerz' scum slip was.

20. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

He had fontisian's, but it's alright.

It should be No Lynch: NobelFiction.

Why not vote for Schrodinger, then?

I'm personally waiting for klackerz to say something useful. His post was no scumslip - either stop saying that hoping it sticks or explain why it is according to you - but his day 1 has been bad so far.

Castiel has one bandwagoning post and nothing else. Question: what do you think of Moridin?

Rents... what is that I don't even. Night is in 14 hours, give or take (it's hard to say exactly with all of Riley's edits). Can you actually play the game in this timespan?