1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresdens Magical Chops

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Ok so looking back, Harry at first had Lash remember it for him. So he didn’t know it, but then he had her show him the book which he then read. So he would know it as well as if he had read it.

2. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Back when Harry made his deal with Mab to become Winter Knight, he does state that if he doesn’t like Mab’s terms then pulling off the Darkhallow or using other knowledge from the Word of Kemmler is an option for him. Which would indicate that he can do it, but it would be even more morally compromising than becoming Winter Knight. He brought that up in the same line of thought where he mentioned taking a Denarius, so at a guess it’s around as bad as that would be.

3. rusk

rusk First Year

Something that’s been bugging me, Soulfire is repeatedly explained as a force used to create and protect right?

Then why haven’t we seen Dresden create tools imbued(?) with Soulfire? I feel like this should have already happened or does anyone think that it can’t for whatever reason?

4. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    At a guess, having an object imbued with soulfire would be like carrying part of your soul around in an object that could get stolen. And I imagine that a competent sorcerer could do a bunch of nasty things to you if they got their hands on some of your soul.

5. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That seems like a bit of a horcruxy stretch. I see where you're coming from, but I always got the impression that soulfire was more like burning your soul as fuel to add an element of life/structure/creation to your spell.

More like having a child than putting a bit of yourself in a box.

Although I suppose there's precedence with curses reaching back through bloodlines, so even if things worked that way it doesn't necessarily rule anything out.

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Possibly? I think it comes down to different interpretations since its never made clear. I thought that soulfire added a portion of your soul to the spell, which acted as a fuel to make the spell more powerful. So there's actually a piece of soul there temporarily.

7. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Souls do grow back in Dresden IIRC, so that lends credence to the theory that you 'spend/burn' part of it to fuel something.

8. Azialady

Azialady Squib

Yes you are right

9. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Thanks for… agreeing with a statement I made months ago?

You need to lurk more. Get a better feel for the forum. Don’t bump old threads like this unless you have something SIGNIFICANT to add.