1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete "Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness" by Thanfiction - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Thanfiction, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Wow. I really liked it, despite the fact that it stuck to canon. You turned Neville into a hardcore BAMF, and for that, you have my respect. I found the Neville/Hannah and Ernie/Susan romances a little annoying 'cause they're waaaay too young to have found Twoo Wuv, but at least there's a good explaination for it in the story.

I also liked the fact that it wasn't Harry-centric, strangely enough. You made Neville and the others likeable enough that I didn't really miss Harry at all.

All in all, a solid 4.5/5 from me.

2. Thrawn Wannabe

Thrawn Wannabe Second Year

Deeee-amn, that was a fun read. I think that was a great fic, even though I am slightly irritated that I cannot read the sequel on the Quidditch Pitch site due to needing an account. I find it interesting that I even consider reading it because of my intense aversion to slash. Is it pleasantly NOT graphic at least?

Whoops, forgot to add the rating...5/5.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  3. Thanfiction

Thanfiction Squib

The sequel is also on ff.net now...was finally able to get into my account yesterday after almost a month. And no, it's not graphic at all, but I know that for this community, it still needs to be warned for if male lips will meet (I considered warning about the 'kiss' with Draco in Chapter 11), even if it's not what it seems to be on the surface. Thanks for the compliments, and hope you enjoy "Sluagh" as well!

4. Alexx

Alexx Card Captored and buttsecksed

It starts off a little roughly; the first couple of chapters are fairly ordinary, but as it proceeds, it can completely sweep you in. Rather like the actual HP novel, actually. The best thing about this fic is how very realistic and human it is; even though the DA are facing situations that we would never see, the story is still comes across very real and close to our hearts. The battle scene at the end is possibly the best action I've seen written, and this is one of the stories that can deserve a R-rating for violence. And lastly, because I've probably said enough about this lovely fic, it's Neville. Growing up, maturing, finding his steps down the path that led him to the hero we saw at the end of the book. The character development - for him and the rest of the DA - is excellent.

5/5

5. Jenko

Jenko Banned

High Score:
    This fic has some major breaks in believability. Its excessive militaristic vibe, OOC developments and implausible plot devices. Snape sending Neville/Ginny/Luna to be killed by werewolves in the Forbidden Forest? Victor Krum saving Neville from ministry execution chamber? Yeah…

6. El Tarkus

El Tarkus Squib

High Score:
    Sorry for the necro, but someone has a copy of this fic? The author just deleted it from FF and ao3

7. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Just saw this request on Reddit. Here.

FF2Ebook also has an archive of .epub and .mobi versions of lots of fics. It's always worth a shot checking there too.

8. Stan

Stan Order Member

Oh well. This story was always over-hyped and received far too much attention. There's Not From Others, among other stories, that are a far better account of DH-era Hogwarts.

9. Nicovi

Nicovi Fourth Year

.epub downloads:
    Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness by Thanfiction - (Mega, Mediafire)
    Sluagh (sequel) by Thanfiction - (Mega, Mediafire)
    A Peccatis (sequel) by Thanfiction - (Mega, Mediafire)

10. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Best man?