1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2013

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Jun 6, 2013.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So E3 is right around the corner, and I thought I'd jumpstart the obligatory discussion thread with some of the games I'm most looking forward to seeing showcased.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Was FFXIII a huge fucking disappointment? Yeah. Was FFXIII-2 a lot better? Yes, but it had a shitload of annoying flaws. Am I still salivating at the thought of a new FF game? You bet your ass I am. If they show a new numbered title and/or Versus along with this I'll be one happy fanboy.

Here's the new E3 trailer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Snow and Lightning having a possibly playable fight? shut up and take my money squeenix)

-

Destiny

Space opera shooters are my shit and this looks beyond awesome. Nuff said.

Here's the trailer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-

THIEF

You haven't lived if you haven't played the previous incarnations of Thief. The third is probably in my all-time top ten favorite games, right up there with Zelda and Smash Bros.

Trailer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-

So....

What are you peeps looking forward to?

2. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

New Smash Brothers trailer. 'nuff said.

3. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

The only thing from E3 I'm gonna watch: the 90 minute Pokemon X/Y panel.

4. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Destiny, Arkham Origins, the new Smash Bros., Metal Gear Solid V, the new Dragon Age (despite the last game's mediocrity, I'm curious as to what they're doing in the new one), and The Witcher 3 are on my radar.

5. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

Arkham Origins, Fifa 14

6. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

I was scrolling too fast and thought this was a thread specifically mad to shit on EA for 2013.

This is even better though, woohoo E3!

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

FUCK the shit I already know about, I want to see what mystery games they're going to show off. I want to see how Microsoft makes up for their terrible goddamn XBone unveiling conference. I want to see what the fuck Nintendo's going to bring out to save the WiiU. I want to see how the fuck Sony has 40 games to show off (and how they're supporting my Vita.)

I want to see what the fuck madness Konami is going to bring out this year.

8. The Great Pandemonium

The Great Pandemonium Fourth Year

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The epic conclusion to the story of Geralt of Rivia. Slay monsters and fuck bitches across a completely open world with a dynamic storyline. CD Projekt Red is one of my favorite developers and I can't wait to see what they can do next generation with this and Cyberpunk 2077.

[IMGUR]fqxB7en[/IMGUR]

Watch_Dogs

I honestly feel like this game could be either freakin amazing or really mediocre. What they've shown so far has been great but I'm wondering how if its all going to work well in real time. Hopefully some people will get a hands on so we can find out.

Last years E3 gameplay
    Playstation 4 conference gameplay

[IMGUR]oyk1dOo[/IMGUR]

And we better fucking hear about Final Fantasy versus XIII or Final Fantasy 15 or whatever cause that shit is holding up Kingdom Hearts 3.

9. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Watch Dogs has been on my radar for what seems like an eternity. Same with The Last of Us. Is that being showcased as well? I can't imagine it not.

10. Solomon

Solomon Heir

The Last of Us is out.

11. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If Versus XIII (apparently suspected to be rebranded as Final Fantasy XV) actually comes out, I may have to buy a Playstation.

12. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Well both XIII-3 and XIV are being released early next year and this year respectively so maybe versus will be complete soon.

13. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've had a horrid feeling for a while now that vs13 was just a demo for their new engine that was never meant to be released.

Horrid because, to me, it always looked like a fusion of a FF game and Kingdom Hearts (i.e the perfect game).

I just hope Lightning Returns isn't 'the game' Square are showcasing...

I'm mostly hoping for a few surprise PS4 IPs and, the game that will put the nail in xbone's coffin:

Crash team racing HD.

I know, but one can dream.

WiiU has tanked in a major way, and to those hoping for a good showing by Nintendo, i hope they pull a rabbit out of a hat... But with their track record lately...

14. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

I'm excited to see how the new game from Eidos Montreal, Deus Ex: The Fall, goes over at E3.

Human Revolution was definitely one of my favorite games, stealth, combat, the great voice-overs; hopefully The Fall picks up the mantle and carries it further.

15. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Yeah more information about the new Deus Ex and Dragon Age: Inquisition is definitely welcome.

Edit.. OK Deus Ex already failed(rly.. iOS?!) so lets see if DA:I does the same.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  16. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

Deus Ex has a version for iOS, but the core game will be on consoles and the PC as well. They don't say if The Fall is specifically for mobile devices or if the sequel will be named something else. Basically, there is a new Deus Ex coming out for PC/Consoles.

Besides, as Khan said, the new Thief is coming, so SquareEnix/Eidos hasn't let us down just yet.

But yes, stoked for the third Dragon Age. While 2 did have plot holes, etc, Varric and Isabella were by far and away some of my favorite DA characters.

17. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

18. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

The Fall, indeed.

19. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

As usual, Nintendo have the only game I'm genuinely excited to see - this year it's Super Smash Bros. U. Would be nice to hear what Retro Studios are working on too, but I doubt we'll see anything this year.

But even more than that, I'm looking forward to the train wrecks. Watching Microsoft continue to stumble around, dodging questions and giving out contradictory information. Watching Sony do their best to throw away the massive advantage Microsoft have handed them. Finding out how the rotting corpse of what we used to know as Bioware plans to shit all over Dragon Age.

E3 is so much more fun when you look at the bad stuff.

20. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Speaking of bad stuff and E3

Game Informer

has been kind enough to gather a few of the worst E3 moments in one place.

And it's absolutely hilarious.