1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2013

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

This just in: PS4 has won

PS4 has no restrictions on gamers. They've fucking won. Xbone go home. It fully supports used games, no online to play, you don't have to log in to authenticate anything, you can trade games, borrow games, and keep them forever.

The demonstrator is basically going down the list of all the things Microsoft fucked up, and said "nope, not doing that, not doing that, not doing that, and we aren't doing that either." And Playstation Plus membership carries over.

Xbone just got boned. Go fucking home Microsoft. You've lost the war. It's a fight between Sony and Nintendo now.

---------- Post automerged at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Sony announced that they have negotiated a long-term, exclusive relationship with Bungie for support with Destiny and "other projects."

Microsoft is utterly fucked.

2. Solomon

Solomon Heir

They also just announced their price for the PS4. $399. That's $100 less than the Xbone. Microsoft is fucked.

3. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

The Playstation 4 is selling this holiday for $399. That's a hundred less than the Xbox One.

The PS4 is stronger than the Bone, has better games than the Bone, has MORE games than the Bone, has none of the restrictions, they've got all this new exclusive content that looks utterly amazing, their arcade is massive and supports indy development, no always-on, no Kinetic, fully supports used games, has Destiny and TESO on it. And it's cheaper.

You're done. Pack it in. This is a fight between Sony and Nintendo now. Microsoft isn't even running anymore.

---------- Post automerged at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I swear to god, if Nintendo knocks it out by announcing some crazy amazing looking shit, like Megaman for Smash Bros and a new LoZ, Microsoft is utterly doomed.

At this point, the only argument Microsoft can make is that they're at least marginally better than the WiiU. If Nintendo has anything, literally ANYTHING to show that's decent, Microsoft are officially the unquestioned losers of this entire gen.

And they've had an entire year to come up with something good. Nintendo execs would have to be literally drunk at the wheel to fail. It almost beggars belief how hard Nintendo would have to bomb to not be in a strong second place. They still have a chance to be in the fight over first.

The Xbox is dead. It's done. Over. Pack it in. Nobody buy it. It just ain't so, Joe.

---------- Post automerged at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Hey, you guys remember all those spoof ads people made for the Playstation about how shit Xbox was? And everybody laughed?

Here's an official one.

4. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Heh. Sony's really enjoying twisting the knife on this one.

5. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

They're really attacking microsofts weakpoint for massive damage.

6. Joschneide

Joschneide Groundskeeper

Bahaha. I may as well pre-order a PS4. And mock half my dumbass friends on facebook for their Xbone orders.

Sony did everything right with their response to Microsoft. It makes me truly wonder how little Microsoft understands the pulse of gamers and how little they actually care. I hated Xbox originally because Microsoft's strategy with breaking into the market was to throw a shitload of money at it and continue to push until they either succeeded or got lucky. They got extremely lucky (Thanks Bungie). They won me over in the 360 era, not because they were so much better but because they actually seemed to pay attention to gamers.

So glad to see my original opinion of them was correct. So glad to see my love of Sony be rewarded again and finally. Today made me want to put Steam down and go buy something Sony.

7. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Already pre-ordered PS4 on amazon.

Thank goodness for doesn't charge till it ships.

8. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Edit: double post

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So KH3 sorta overshadowed the Versus/FF15 trailer, but now that I'm coming down from that particular high, my excitement for the long-awaited action rpg is back in full force.

Did you see that fucking gameplay? Miles beyond what they initially showed us all those years ago. I mean... holy mother of god. Look at that particle movement. I'm guessing that when the PS4 dev kits came along, they kept the basic game program, scrapped their 3D models, and built the game from the ground up.

Destiny looks great, and so does Second Son. The Order has me intrigued too.

Saw the Thief gameplay too earlier in the day. So much awesome.

10. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Oh my god, this. Everything.

I'm sold. Destiny and FFXV are pretty much the only games I'll ever need. Ever. Jesus frickin' christ.

11. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Maybe the original Lara was a Duke Nukem with tits, but the new one sure isn't. If you honestly think that I doubt you even played the game.

Right, I heard bad things about it. I've played up through the prologue of each Prime game, but that's it for Metroid on my end. I should put finishing those on my to-do list, I hear great things about the Prime series. Still has nothing to do with Tomb Raider 2013 though.

Well despite how this and previous conversations have turned out, I'll admit she has interesting ideas and an admirable fervor for the games she actually likes, namely Elder Scrolls.

PS4 being cheap and open compared to the XBone is a relief. Did they say whether it was backwards compatible? I'm still looking to get a PS3 soon, but if PS4 will play PS3 games I'll just save up for that instead. Although I think the PS3 physically looks way better.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is long overdue. Frankly I've lost track of the series since they started putting everything on handheld platforms I have no interest in, but it's still nice to see a proper sequel finally.

Final Fantasy XV looks great. I love the modern fantasy aesthetic.

Still hoping that Destiny might get a PC release, but I'm fine with getting it for PS4.

12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

A few things, Red Aviary.

1: I really liked the new Tomb Raider, so I didn't bother commenting there.
    2: The PS4 does not have PS3 BC at current. It may get it via streaming later, but that is not confirmed as of now.
    3: That was FFXV, otherwise known as FF Versus XIII. FFXIV is the MMORPG.

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I think the cloud has a small library of PS3's Biggest Hits to start off with, and then I think they'l continue to add games as time goes on. At least that's what I got from the conference.

14. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

15. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

"So this is how Microsoft dies...With thunderous applause."

Okay, maybe I'm misquoting that line.

Also, Microsoft and the XBone didn't just shoot their own feet. No, GameStop took a hit in the stocks right there with them.

The Sony conference really was marvelous.

16. Lokesin

Lokesin Slug Club Member

It feels like the entire internet just had one gigantic massive party when the Sony conference hit. World gone mad.

It's been an awesome night. I have no idea how I'm going to get to sleep.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have to work on my thesis tomorrow. I already know now that I'm not going to accomplish anything at all.

[​IMG]

18. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I would really like to hear how the Microsoft PR department explains that shitstorm to its bosses.. Seems like a total failure to me. The whole entertainment system idea may work in the US but not here in Europe.

19. Nae

Nae The Violent

I'm still a little weary. Sony are offering a better deal than Microsoft, sure, but I very much doubt their word about allowing Indy developers to easily develop on the PS4 platform. Apparently something similar happened with PS3, where for about a year, you could load your own linux distro on your PS3...then, Sony sent out a firmware update that disabled that feature. Hardly the paragon for "openness".

Not to mention, the PS3 was very much hostile towards small time companies, with long approval processes, ridiculous development cost etc. I bet even this time around, they'll have some way to compensate for the "cool factor" that they have going on in the fight against Microsoft, which people just can't see now. :-/

Hopefully, they've learned enough from their mistakes to improve this time around. D:

20. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Professor

The reason that the PS3 was unfriendly towards indie companies is because simply, it was ridiculously hard to program for. This problem plagued larger developers as well. I'm pretty sure it was the actual architecture of the system, which while powerful was not developer friendly. This time around they're using conventional hardware so this shouldn't be an issue.