1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2014

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Second story mission atm, i see a strike mission too, but it's level 5ish.

2. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I haven't seen it here, so I'm going to post it. Dragon Age: Inquisition Romance's will be restricted according to race. Here is the source.

And new footage of gameplay with a Male Dwarven Inquisitor. Here.

3. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Got removed by EA.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm mostly cool with that. Did no one else find Garrus relationships super creepy?

---------- Post automerged at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Ok, Destiny so far for people who still have no idea what it's about (from alpha):

It's super fun. The alpha consists so far of The Tower (last human city, hub area that has shops and main story stuff), Old Russia and a Strike (not quite sure what these are yet, but I'll go with 'dungeon' for now) for lvl 6 players, of which I am atm (you start at 3).

So far, I did the first main story mission in Old Russia, flew to The Tower to do some more story stuff - basically to show you around the place - before heading back down to Old Russia. Once you're down for the second time (it's the same map) you can just run around the very, very large area (no map, hard to gauge exact size) and quest, or just kill the respawning enemies, or both.

While doing this there was a public event of which I could join where I giant robot spider came down and wrecked me because no one else was there to help me kill it.

So right now I'm just dicking around, doing quests and levelling up. It's super fun and the controls are tight (people have said like Halo meets Borderlands, but I've only played the latter).

I'm back at the Tower atm as I take a break. Wanted to see if I could pick up a Sniper Rifle instead of the shotgun as my 'special' weapon (you carry 3, primary, special and powerful) because as a Warlock (low armour and agility but high recovery), getting close with my Shotgun is... not a smart idea.

If you have a PS4, like Borderlands, and haven't downloaded this yet, I say do so before the weekend is out if only to understand the game. I recommend it.

5. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

No creepier than Tali, Liara or any of the other relationships in Bioware games.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Ash all the way

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

8. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I sure hope they fix the framerate before the game gets released.

9. Solomon

Solomon Heir

The game is almost a year out, and optimization is usually the last thing they work on. Also, given the "Project Beast: Working Title," they threw this trailer together before the one they made for the press conference, so it's probably an older build than the one they brought.

It'll be fine, probably.

10. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

It's From Software. There's always some issue.

11. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Well yeah. It's still a very early, unoptimized build that isn't going to be representative of the final game's framerate.

12. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I admire, and perhaps envy, your optimism. Let's hope that you are proven right.

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Demon's Souls had a solid framerate. For the most part, so did Dark Souls (with Blighttown being the notable exception.) Dark Souls 2 was clearly running on consoles that it has no business running on (but still manages to have a decent framerate on 360 and mostly fine framerate on PS3) and runs at a rock solid 60fps on PC.

It'll be fine, probably.

14. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  15. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Sera confirmed to be female inquisitor only romance: link

Only a video can contain my rage!

Dammit!

16. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Quick question for all of you that have followed DAI information/news: can you kill off potential and current party members?

17. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

Don't know admittedly, they can leave if they get pissed enough at you and I think that if you miss finding them you don't get them. Just like DA:O apparently. It's been a while since I checked though so don't quote me on that.

18. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was possible to lose/kill companions in the first two games, so I don't see why they wouldn't keep on with that.

We know eight of the nine DA:I followers. So far we have 3 warrios, 3 mages and 2 rogues. In DA:O majority were warriors, in DA2 we had three of each class, so making assumptions based on class could be completely wrong, although 3/3/3 appears to be what they're going for, so it might be another rogue. There are mentions of Cullen returning. Any ideas on the last follower?

My bet is on a melee rogue, since both Varric and Sera use ranged weapons.

Here's hoping they let us choose what weapon class the companions are using, although what they've shown so far indicates they're taking the DA2 route again, which would be sad.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  19. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

There is mention of the last companion being the woman to the right of Sera and left of Blackwall in this picture:

[​IMG]

Her nickname on the Bioware forums I believe is "Scribbles."

Also they have stated that companions are not limited to one set of weapons. Varric has a duel daggers as an option apparently.

20. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

Holy shit I'm late. Sorry about that.

Obviously you're aware that the 2 servers are dead, because that happened two years ago. There's been talk that they would shut down the new ones, but nothing official ever actually stated that.

During the E3 reveal of The Master Chief Collection, the 343 rep clearly stated that each of the games that was a part of the collection (i.e. all of them, from Combat Evolved to 4) would have new dedicated servers created specifically for their exclusive use.

I took this to mean that they were shutting the old servers down, because this is Xbox Microsoft and they're terrible fucking people. We did not actually get a confirmation of this. It is a conclusion I personally drew from the facts as they were presented. It is entirely possible that 343 will merely segregate the playerbase between the old and new servers (i.e. Cross-Gen play will not be possible) instead of actively cockblocking the long time fans by forcing them to upgrade to the Bone and buy the games again or get shut out of multiplayer. This was not actually confirmed. It is a guess, and I should have phrased it more clearly as such. Please put out the fires.