1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2014

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's such a skewed way to look at things imo.

Unless we're talking ridiculous, cost prohibitive levels of rigs, that hardly ever pans out in the real world.

It's all about optimisation and familiarity with the hardware. It's why first parties can churn out such mind boggling examples of graphical mastery on 'old' hardware.

This could be me being biased, but the Last of Us is still one of the most astonishingly pretty games I've ever played.

It does beg to question what kind of game ND could make with a PS4 rocking a titan z...

2. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Need I remind you how we all heard, oh so many times, about THE POWER OF CELL? Not much came out of that, in the end.

You are biased, but that's perfectly alright. I've seen the game at a friend's house and concur that it looks quite pretty, even though it's not quite what I personally enjoy.

In any case, Khan's complaint might have been aimed at the muddied textures rather than the general visuals of the environment we've seen so far.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    You say not much came of it, lol, but that's my ten year old 60gb PS3 playing that game...

I dread to think what would happen if my ten year old pc tried that...

Then again, i dread to remember my ten year old pc generally.

4. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I watched only for ME4. If it turns out that they are only making for Xbone and ps4 I will murder someone.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Oh, this slipped my mind earlier because I hate the game (but I understand I'm very much in the minority) but full Minecraft on a portable device with dual sticks should be a game changer for the Vita...

If Sony actually market the fucking thing properly. I can't tell you how many of my relatives have asked me which of the two nextgen consoles they should buy to best play Minecraft (for my little Minecraft addicted nieces and nephews, fucking idiot children).

This sounds even more lucrative than the Harry Potter wonderbook game - which was also sent out to die and not even marketed in the slightest.

If Monster Hunter could sell that many PSPs, surely Minecraft can make itself useful and do the same for Vita so it can get the recognition it deserves?! RIGHT?!

#wishfulthinking

6. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

So Rainbow six patriots isn't happening its instead devolved into a multiplayer only game?

7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Batman: Arkham Knight - gameplay. Coming soon in 2015 which isn't soon at all.

There may be no Wayne Manor, but gameplay suggests Wayne Tower which will be cool too. Only thing missing is Catwoman because she was a great addition in Arkham City.

And once Rocksteady is done with Batman, can they make Superman game like that?

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - trailer.

Kojima still has it. And he isn't afraid to take on very serious topics.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War - trailer.

If they don't mess it up, it may be a masterpiece.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - trailer.

8. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

The best thing I've seen so far is that there's going to be a four player sequel to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Fucking awesome.

Grim Fandango would've been the best, but it's PS4/Vita exclusive. Which makes me unreasonably sad.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You didn't think so? Maybe it just didn't look good on my comp screen, but yeah, it looked sort of outdated. Those PS3/360 faces. Dragon Age was the same.

10. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

11. Gengar

High Score:
    I always wondered, because Watch Dogs was revealed so long ago, if Ubisoft actually knew the final system specs for the next gen consoles. It would explain a lot.

Maybe Sony/Microsoft hadn't nailed down the hardware yet, or maybe Ubisoft got nervous and decided to make it for ps3/360 too, reigning in the overall game so it can run on them too.

Also, I think it's you Khan. The games haven't looked different to me since they've first begun showing footage. I'm sure we'll be getting comparison videos real soon though, so no worry.

12. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Oh if it were valid only for E3 previews, things might not be so bad.

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

New Tomb Raider was fucking great and Team Ninja had absolutely nothing to do with how Samus was treated in Other M. You're ridiculous, Raine.

14. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Open world Zelda. Fuck yes.

15. Owimbowé

Owimbowé Fourth Year

I dont really know what to think about their decision to include the mii in Smash Bros. On one hand I love the fact that you can customize their movesets and of course appearance but on the other hand it potentially could lead to imbalance in the game(Mario Tennis I'm looking at you). I lol'd when I saw Palutena at least people will finally stop fighting over her I hope.

My body is ready for the new Zelda :awesome
    Also Hyrule Warriors looked really interesting considering we get to use more characters than Link(I always wanted to fight with Zelda).

Splatoon seemed actually really fun, the kind of game where chaos reigns and in which you could have a great experience with friends.

Don't really have an opinion on Xenoblade there wasn't much to garner from the trailer.

Overall it dragged along in few places but I liked Nintendo's conference. Didn't saw Microsoft's and Sony's so which one was the best in your opinion?

16. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've never played Rocksteady's Batman games, but I loved everything about the gameplay trailer. The Batmobile was fucking sweeeeet.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  17. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yeah, I didn't care about Miis in Smash until I saw that their movelist is customizable. That could be really cool.

We won't know if it'll be worth playing until we get localization news. Because Xenoblade was cool, but 90% of what made that game initially interesting was its localization.

Sony's was the best, but Nintendo's was also surprisingly good. Microsoft's was mostly just kinda boring, but they had that incredible Dead Rising DLC so it balanced out.

18. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd say there's a pretty damned good chance of this happening.

Prepare to buy a whole new console.

19. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Doubtfully considering how big fanbase it has on PC. EA may not care about fans themselves, but they do care about their money.

20. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

EA is pretty good about releasing all their stuff in all platforms,, except for sport games on PC .