1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2015

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, May 27, 2015.

1. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Fallout dialogue has always had a tone to it, even when you couldn't see it. There have been a ton of times where I chose a dialogue option that I thought was fairly innocuous and had characters respond negatively or positively, sometimes getting a completely different result/response than the one I intended.

At least this way the character has a definite tone that I can work with. That way I can tell whether or not he's actually going to say "No, I don't want to do that." when I pick that exact dialogue option, or if he's going to ad lib and instead say "Fuck you, raider scum!"

Whatever, discussion for the inevitable Fallout 4 thread.

But... That Pip-Boy though.

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The animated icons and such were nice, as was the general redesigned look of the Pip-Boy. Moving all the dials and such to the right is much more sensible, and actually seeing the flashlight and holotape player are good too.

But I noticed there was no "Skills" tab. That has me worried.

3. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Well, the bobble-head stand had room for more then SPECIAL could ever need, and the inventory screen showed a Barter bobble-head. The weapon customization screen also showed a requirement for 'Rank 2' Science.

4. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Primary thing I'm hoping for is an ME4 Trailer or Gameplay with a 2016 Release Date

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Out of that conference, I hope we get to see a bit of Amy Hennig's (she of Uncharted) Star Wars game.

A smuggler (han solo or whatever) game written by her would be awesome.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

ME4 would.. that would make my year.

7. Dr. Strange Lulz

You people need to shut up about Mass Effect 4.

I only have so many thumbs...

Hopefully it will stay true to the series while giving greater exposure to the world of ME. With as massive as that universe is, we were so limited in where we could go in the trilogy. I'd really like to explore some of the more populated and seedier areas of the galaxy.

8. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Uncharted, The Division, ME4, Dishonored 2, Fire Emblem and Cyberpunk2077 (Hopefully)

2016 has the potential to be ridiculous.

---------- Post automerged at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

I wouldn't mind if we could get away from playing human or being a military member, it would offer more chances to explore different races, cultures etc;

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

An X-COM like Mass Effect Game would be epic.

10. Dr. Strange Lulz

[​IMG]

Also, the X-COM 2 event is at 16:30 PDT tonight I think.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  11. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I finally got around to playing XCOM and it would be quite epic. But what I would like more is XCOM like game in G.I. Joe universe.

Anyway, because E3 without rumors about FFVII remake wouldn't be E3, there are rumors that there will be FFVII remake for PS4. ;)

12. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You do realize, if they don't make the game now, I will be forced to kill you.

13. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You know, I've been reading the FF7 LP on SA intermittently, and they've said that remaking FFVII will run into a few obvious problems:
    They'd lose their PR ace-in-the-hole, for one.
    For another, consider this: either they remake the game exactly as it was before, only updating the graphics and perhaps the soundtrack, or they rewrite the story.

The first has the problem that it would conflict with the memories people have of the game already. Like, there are little things you'd forgotten about it, which has warped what you remember of the game, creating a false image of what it was. Take Cloud. He's remembered as a moody shit who speaks only a little less in ellipses than Squall. Or Aerith/Aeris/whatever, who's remembered as a pure, virtuous maiden. Both are untrue.
    The 'fans' - who've probably never played the game but are in love with Sephiroth anyway - would incite at least a minor shitstorm.

The latter, though, runs into the problem that the game would probably suffer for a rewrite. While I'm cautiously optimistic about FFXV and I've heard good things about FFXIV 2.0, I don't really trust Squeenix anymore after the whole FFXIII trilogy.

14. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't see a reason to rewrite large stretches of the game. Of course, there were the myriad of mistakes that were made in the original translation, but that stuff wouldn't take longer to make/fix than the actual gameplay would. It would be intriguing if they could add a bit more content regarding the Wutai war, Zach and Cloud's parts of the game, Sephiroth's transition to evil, Hojo and Aeris' father/mother's roles and perhaps a give us few extra stops along the way.

Nearly everyone who has played the game would rejoice if we get more realistic battles with bosses (I can only imagine how epic Ruby would look on today's systems). Beefing up cities like Midgar and Junon, giving players options to race chocobos online or something... improving the battles at Gold Saucer and the minigames, etc, is a must as well.

My main concern is that they make it open world similar to what they are trying with FF15. Running from Midgar to Kalm to the Chocobo Farm, running away from the Midgar Zolom and into those caves would now take a lot longer and be riddled with enemies. Going from Nibelheim to Rocket Town to Wutai would take you at least half an hour walking. Getting the Enemy Skills would be tons of fun, as well as all the materia combinations and options they'd likely add into the mix.

I'd also like them to give us more opportunities to make our own decisions. I think being able to revive Aeris if you make all the conversation decisions/collecting the right items would be one thing that I'd put in the game that wasn't there to begin with, and at least a few choices of endings; it would be like the 'date' scenario, except in the end game.

Say you go on the Gold Saucer date with Aeris, say all the right things throughout the game, have Barret and Tifa die over and over etc. and play pretty much up 'til the moment she dies with Aeris, then you collect a shit ton of clues regarding her story (reading all the memories with her parents, for example) and finally there's a chance for Cloud and Aeris to end together.

But I'd buy it even if everything was the same with new graphics.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Huh. Mods transferable from fallout 4 PC to consoles. Well, at least xb1.

16. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

They will be veted by M$ so you won't see anything that would piss off SJW and other vocal retards.

Also, F4 will be playable after all the DLCs are released and moders work on it long enough so it doesn't look like an upgraded Skyrim with swapped color palette.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    XB1 backwards compatibility seems to be free emulation. If you have the disk, and it's compatible, you download the game.

So it seems.

18. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Microsoft conference largely trash. Many indie games, no Gears of War.

19. Gengar

High Score:

Anyway

Early access coming to XB1. Not good.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Sea of thieves (Rare) looks pretty fucking awesome.