1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Echoes of the Fallen by Chilord - BtVS

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by The Santi, Jul 20, 2010.

1. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Title: Echoes of the Fallen
    Author: Chilord
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama/Adventure
    Pairing: Xander/Buffy
    Summary: YAHF- Xander lost a bet with with Willow, where he had to dress up as a Jewish character for Halloween. Well, he stuck to the bet.
    Link

This is a pretty good BtVS story I found a little while back. It's your typically YAHF with Xander dressing up as Magneto. It's a good fic to waste some time reading. Not great by any measure, but a solid story that wont bore you.

There are some formatting issues--the author didn't discover scene breaks until chapter 9-- and the author decided to insert a slight crossover with SG-1, but I'd still give this a 4/5.

2. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Twisting the Hellmouth
    has the copy with the proper formatting.

The story itself is pretty damn fun to read. Chilord is at times an infuriating author to read. I really like his ideas, but his characters tend to be overly verbose and repetitive, and all of his male protagonists read the same (overly witty, damn the characterization.) That said, his stories for me are usually a complete blast to read (I really hope he updates his Buffy Poker story soon on the Fanfiction Federation) and this story in particular suffers the fewest of the pratfalls.

Plus Xander as Magneto just plain kicks ass.

4/5.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeap, read this one, and quite frankly, it is the best pure Xander/Buffy fic out there that I have read.

I really do want to read the proper sequel I have to say, there's just something about reading a Magneto!Xander that seems pretty damn badass.

You don't see any of Magneto's powers in this fic, until right at the very end, which actually works really well for it.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well written fic, however, the non-appearance of the sequel is very frustrating. This fic isn't the kind of story where a sequel is optional: in many ways, this story is only a prologue. Without the rest of the story, it feels half-done. But still, Magneto is an amazing choice for a YAHF, and it's because of his intellect that this story works.

5. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

He started to post a sequel on TTH - but thankfully he abandoned it. It featured Xander in DC with the NCIS team and Spike. It simply read poorly to me.