1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nuit, May 4, 2012.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

That unlocks at a certain level. 15, maybe? You get two separate sets of equipped items and quickslots and stuff.

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, weapon swap unlocked at 15.

You think those silly quests are hard? Try the level 11 Veiled Queen nonsense. You're fighting THREE boss-level mobs at the same time, solo. One's almost enough to kill me. Three? I didn't stand a chance at level 9.

Also did about five hours of the pvp. It was... not as good as I thought it would. The map is MASSIVE, and I spent the majority of my time running. Taking keeps and stuff with siege weapons is cool, but... it's very, very different from your wow/swtor style battleground pvp. I just ran as part of the zerg, and the side with the bigger and better zerg won. In actual duels, the few I managed to find, I got two-shot a few times. The mass battles also really taxed my pc.

I think it's going to be much more fun with a controlled guild group, and more focused on strategical and tactical warfare than just spam fighting.

At least the Aldmeri Dominion keeps kicking ass. All Elder Scrolls and all keeps? Good day's work.

3. Moridin

Haha, yeah. I didn't even bother trying after a couple of shots. I was about level 8, in fact, IIRC. I hit them once, died, hit them a second time, died, and noped the fuck out of there. I'll probably head back once I'm 13 or 14 to give it another shot. If I get that far, of course - how long will the beta last again?

4. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sunday, March 2nd at 11:59PM EST.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, if you're playing Aldmeri Dominion give me a shout. My character is called Bhirjo Zahstahe.

6. Moridin

Cool. I'm Qariel, a Sorcerer who doesn't quite know what the fuck he's doing so don't expect a DPS or CC or anything like that. I'll probably go on in a bit, play for 2-3 hours more before sleeping. I just realised that the staff I've been saving up gold for is also seven levels above me, so I'm kinda aimless right now. I'll probably go see if the quests have unbugged, though I doubt it.

7. Gwyll

Gwyll Sixth Year

Anyone who dabbled in alchemy/enchanting would be willing to share recipes/knowledge so we can set up a database?

8. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Wish you'd said that before since I don't have the list in front of me, but I'm pretty sure it must've come up in the official ESO forum.

Anyone managed to make an armor rune that doesn't give flat health/stamina/magicka?

Edit: I take that back, looked for it for a while but coulnd't really find it in a couple of different forums as well. Maybe my google-fu is weak.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  9. chaosfire999

chaosfire999 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Really quite enjoyed it! Sure that the stress-test beta was an old, incomplete build was a bit frustrating (with bugged quests, etc.) but I found it enjoyable on the whole.

They are! At least some are. I morphed the Sorcerer's Summon [X] skill twice, once to give it an effect and once to upgrade it from a scrag to a clanfear.

I think they're the only ones available, at low level at least. The shops only sell those, at least.

10. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well that already happened, didn't realize that T_T

Does anyone know if there will be anymore weekends/feel like sharing a key then?

11. Moridin

There will be one more beta event, definitely, of unspecified duration but probably a weekend like the others. I dunno if there will be extra keys handed out then.

12. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

Does anyone have a spare key for the beta? I'd like to see how the game is for myself before I think about buying it.

13. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Do we plan on making a DLP guild? I mean, I know making that work would be a lot of hard work, and I'm not that experienced in that field myself, but I'd be gladly willing to help if we were to do something like that.

Edit: "to Gwyll" Don't forget about the factions. Now that I think about it, this may be even harder than I thought.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  14. Gwyll

Gwyll Sixth Year

Since everyone can be a member of five guilds/account, we can make it work, if we are willing. Of course, we will probably need two different guilds, one for Europe and one for America.

15. chaosfire999

chaosfire999 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I'd possibly be interested in a guild, though I won't be joining the game until some time mid June.

16. Grinning Lizard

Grinning Lizard Supreme Mugwump

One superguild, people always online depending on where they are in the world.

Makes sense.

I've been in and helped manage clans/guilds before, but not via a forum. Could be fun.

17. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

So how is the pvp? Or is it to early to tell.

18. Gwyll

Gwyll Sixth Year

I have not played much in pvp, I was more concerned with pve/exploring areas/places. But from what I have seen, it is mostly group pvp, so organisation counts a lot.

19. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God damn it. The one weekend I'm going to be away and it's the weekend of the next beta test. Just got an e-mail through saying that the Imperials will be available to play.

20. Moridin

You can also play as any race in any alliance. In fact, they said they are unlocking both the Explorer's Pack and Imperial Edition benefits.