1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nuit, May 4, 2012.

1. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

Innomine gave me an extra key, however I got a invite when I woke up and have been downloading the client ever since.

If anyone wants the key that Innomine gave me I'd be fine with giving it.

2. Gwyll

Gwyll Sixth Year

I would like to ask anyone who dabbles into alchemy/enchanting to try and record recipes and ingredient effects, so we can build a somewhat useable database.

3. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I won't have that much time to play the game this weekend but since we'll be able to play our previous characters I'll record them this time.

4. Gwyll

Gwyll Sixth Year

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  5. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

If anyone is interested, Beta Keys are being given out as of 2 hours ago.
    I'm entirely new to this game, but the process was incredibly easier since I have Raptr AMD Gaming evolved installed and got the key instantly through that. Anyone who uses this should be able to get it easily as well.

Edit1: Yup, just downloaded the client. Will check if I can get more than one key, if you guys want it through me and don't want to install the app or some other problem.
    Edit2: Dang. Only one Key per account. Sorry guys, looks like I can't get you anymore.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  6. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Here is one beta key: FT5YMFPCRD5DNX47HX5T . I don't think I'll use it.

7. oakes

Man that was a busy weekend. I apologize for the fact that I didn't post my rune schemes after saying that I would, tbh didn't even get the chance to play the game this beta, I'm hoping there'll be an another beta? Or was this the last one?

8. Amoral Philosopher

Amoral Philosopher Seventh Year

Sorry to say, but that was the last beta before launch. The game goes live on March 30th for people who preordered the game.

9. Gwyll

Gwyll Sixth Year

I have checked, and UESP has a fairly complete rune/alchemy description. I have some finer details in my rune descriptions (Magnitude of the effect), but basic rune combinations are the same.

10. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Well, launch has come :awesome

I'm enjoying the game a lot more than I thought I would based on the beta - to the point that I'm somewhat neglecting (only putting in 8 hrs a day) my studies at the moment.

Playing a Wood Elf Nightblade named Imaríel(userID @Imariel) on the EU server - if anyone feels like playing feel free to send a message. Could also be interested in playing a healer in the Pact or the Covenant.

11. Gwyll

Gwyll Sixth Year

I am playing a Dunmer Templar, mainly focusing on doing quests/exploring/crafting. Seems they have sped up the leveling, I am already past the levels I usually finished Bal Foyen at. Morin Al'Fyr is the character name if anyone wants to contact me.

12. oakes

Playing a Breton Nightblade named Caellan in NA server (@ocs). I'm in the Covenant so if we're still up for that guild thing I'm game.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  13. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

I'm playing on EU, lvl 15 Altmer sorc AD, named Gizmore(@Gizmore)

14. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey guys, so now that this games out and all, I was wondering if I could get some impressions from you guys that have bought it.

In about 2 weeks, I'll be back in Melbourne with my gaming PC, and I'm really considering playing an MMO for a bit. However, I'm not sure whether I want to play ESO, or go back to WoW.

Now, I haven't played WoW in... fuck, 3 years now? However, I doubt it'll be anything significantly different to what it was in the past. And Im a bit leery going back to that.

So basically, is ESO worth it? How's the gameplay? Is there a good story? Is it a grindfest like WoW used to be? Or is it compelling?

WTB Impressions, PST.

15. Myduraz

So far I bloody love it, I like it more every time I log in.

The story is intriguing, it has a depth that MMO:s usually lack, SWTORs class stories disregarded. Most side quests has a point, it ties in with the main story progression and there is a distinct lack of 'Kill X', 'Fetch Y' quests. It's actually not a bore to level, I'm enjoying myself.

The combat system is clearly Elder Scrollsy, I've had some trouble adapting and there are a few things I disagree with. Since I play a mainly bow nightblade I distinctly dissaprove of the fact that the bow power shots are in effect worthless. They take twice the time to 'load' and only does twice the damage, in comparison with melee power strikes making triple. In effect you simply spam click fast attacks with the bow, and your skills of course.

Tried a dungeon last night, it was enjoyable aswell. Might just be the new combat system creating a new aspect of the regular pve feeling, but there's something to be said about the enjoyment of having to aim your shit, instead of just tabbing around.

The thing you'll probably miss from the Elder Scrolls game is the freedom of choice of where to level, it's essentially linear since you need to complete the majority of quests in zone A before you move to zone B - there are a few scaling mechanics but some quests will be essentially impossible to complete before you've reached a certain level.

The PvP is most enjoyable though, I sunk a day into it before they changed the experience gain in Cyrodill and had a blast. The complexity of manouvering a faction vs faction vs faction set-up tactically is exciting. The importance of sieges and resources is also a factor which is interesting.

Not sure what else to say; I enjoy it - worth a try imho. Back to leveling :nyan:

16. Atomicwalrus

Atomicwalrus Fourth Year

I must say I'm loving this game as well. I'm trying to level enchanting at the moment but boy is trying to find aspect runes a bitch.

17. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

/r/Games on TESO

The bugs are annoying but it's the same with all MMOs when they launch, it should be way better in a month or so, I doubt the playerbase will diminish enough for it to feel empty.

I'd take it over wow any day since it's new and refreshing.

18. Myduraz

I'm generally not too bothered by launch bugs - the Greenshade progression stopping bug for the Aldmeri Dominion for over two days was kind of a bummer though. They even had the fix a full 24 hours earlier than the patch today and just waited :facepalm

19. Myduraz

I'll add a minor complaint, just finished the story (not the campaign story, one needs max level for last part), and I'm "stuck" at level 49 with all of the quests done except a bugged chain in the last zone. 130k experience to go and no where to get it except pvp(run 15min then suicide for 4k exp) or farming mobs á 200-400 exp.

Glorious... kill me now please?

20. chriar

chriar Third Year

I managed to hit 50 before the final area of Coldharbour, but I did most of the quest, except in Bangkorai, I think I missed an entire area somehow. Try to run the Coldharbour or 5th zone dungeons, you should get experience for the latter and definitely for the former, remember you can do other alliances' dungeons also. Have you done all the overworld bosses in Coldharbour or the last zone in Tamriel?