1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Endgames: Masquerade Ball

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sloth, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

The rubicon/fonti thing wasn't so much as a hard link but more a 'why are they so similar' and I thought rubi was scummy so that happened. Yeah. <_<

---------- Post automerged at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------
    Bill Door BUT YOU MADE ME DO ALL THE DIRTY WORK OF SCUM HUNTING AND FLUFF SUPPORTED ME MORE THAN YOU.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

yeah but...

cookies

3. Irene

Eh I'll make you some if I can find a way to air-mail it to you all the way in Ireland.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Wtf? There's a cult?

5. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

VOTE COUNT 4.2 - up to #1723
    (10 alive, 6 to lynch)

fontisian (7): fontisian, Snowvon, Citrus, his fluffiness, Irene, Bill Door, Titus
    Titus (1): Zenzao

Abstain (2): Atum, Polysemous

Day 4 ends here.

---------- Post automerged at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

PLEASE STOP POSTING IMMEDIATELY.

6. Irene

Sloth: ONE LAST REQUEST IF YOU ARE NOT TOO TIRED EPIC FLAVOUR PLEASE FOR END GAME. :)

7. Sloth

We apologize for the delay. It's been another bad day. Please expect the flavor and day end in...4-5 hours, so you don't sit around waiting.

---------- Post automerged at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

We will tell you that the GAME IS OVER.

Results will come tonight.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

If the game is over, may we post?

9. Titus

Titus Squib

We all won! Yes!

10. dhulli

dhulli The Reborn

Unless we didn't?

11. Titus

Titus Squib

Pretty sure we all did. I can quote my role PM now that the game is over if you'd like?

12. dhulli

dhulli The Reborn

Nah, I was wondering if there was something weird going on.

I guess not. Wooo! Go town! and 3pTitus!

13. Sloth

NO POSTING YET.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Don't tell me what to do. You're not my real dad.

15. Sloth

Go to your room.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

I was your father.

No more posting.

17. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

“What does the fox say?”

The fog curling around their feet seemed thinner.

“Watching from his den -”

It started slowly. A clack or two here and there. Then they rained against the floor. Masks falling from their faces.

“Does he know the light of day?”

With animal quickness, Ryce turned on her heels. The Raccoon mask sat cracked at her feet. Dimly, she was aware of the faces she was seeing and the masks at their feet. Zola had been a Salamander. Brittany an owl. Leo had bent to pick up his Ox mask from the floor with fascination. Her frantic eyes only calmed when they locked with the young man who wore the Silver Fox.

“But simple games come to end,”

The Cat and the Raven remained masked. It didn’t matter much though. It was all too clear who they were now that their shapeless forms had been banished. The Raven stood tall, fixing a cufflink of his jacket as if in boredom. The Cat...

A single orange eye peered out from the eye hole. It made no apologies. The dark mouth beneath it was set in a calm, straight line.

“and for all his plans, he still forgets…”

They returned without warning. The Jesters appeared much less threatening without their foggy shrouds. Their smiles were bittersweet as She took one side of the Cat, and He took the other. His brown, weathered hands rose and pulled the Cat mask back, that single orange eye peering calculatively at the jesters.

The Daughter of Death stood still.

Sal’iendre offered those remaining the barest of glances.

“Azrael king threw the first nets.”

“YOU SON OF A BITCH!”

Any other time, the old fox would have caught her hand and snapped it back to her wrist with ease. So focused on the Jesters, he had underestimated the survivors’ rage . Underestimated how quickly it would clear their heads as opposed to his. Too focused, he was on the faceless Hosts and Their tender smiles

He felt the light trickle of blood along his cheek, seeping from the gashes her nails had gouged into his face. He turned his remaining eye to the young scientist. It was the male selkie that held her back, as she screamed unspeakable things at him. As she wished every curse upon him she could. With disgust he noticed she was already crying.

“If it would calm your childish squalling…I will have you know I didn’t aim for your soft-hearted soldier. You can thank the Coatless doll for that.”

“I don’t think you should talk any more,” Zola said evenly, coming up beside Ryce with her shillelagh glowing in violent intent.

Ryce...Just stared.

When she stepped forward...the room seems to shift and dull.

The taste of rot and grape bubbled up into their mouths...

All winced to see her.

All, but the Morning Child whose eyes were elsewhere.

But The Jesters were already gone.

The Old Fox went with Them.

--
    FONTISIAN HAS BEEN TAKEN BY THE HOSTS.

She was…

Sal’iendre - Old Philosopher - THIRD PARTY
    Sal’iendre is the lowly result of Azrael’s coupling with a common kitsune. Despite his aged appearance, he is far younger than his three siblings. It is his stealth and cunning that have allowed him to live as long as he has amongst them. He is best described as a guarded creature with his best interests and survival always at heart.

Abilities:
    • Scholar’s Step - Any action he performs will not be seen by informative roles of any type. Any investigation of him will reveal him an innocent, performing no action.
    • Quiet Den - He doesn’t always get along with his brothers and sisters so he is not invited to their main Scum QT. He is not told their identity, nor they his.
      He can communicate with Scum by writing a short message in his QT (maximum of 200 characters, anything past that will be cut off), which Mods will relay to the Scum QT. They will reply back with the same restrictions. These messages can be exchanged once every 8 hours during the Day, 5 during the Night.
      They are NOT allowed to exchange names - Doing so will result in Modkill.
      You may exchange coded messages at your own risk. Be aware that codes are only allowed if they are self-contained within the game, meaning directly related to events occurring in the thread once D1 has started, and onwards.
      If sent out to do the Night Kill, the command must be made in his Den.
      His Scummates will be made aware of all these restrictions.
    • Old Fox’s Ear - Sal’iendre is actually not Scum, but 3rd Party Survivor. Only he is aware of his true wincons:
    • He shares the wincon of the whatever faction he’s aligned with.
    • He cannot win while Azrael is alive.
    • Only he and the Morning Child are able to see his father’s true machinations, and because of this, he understands there’s no winning - there’s no surviving - for him while Azrael still lives.
      Therefore, should Azrael align himself with Scum, Sal’iendre must align himself with Town: He will be able to contact his sister, Ryce, and inform her of the shift in alliances.
      Once this occurs, Scum communication is cut and any attempts to send him info by them will be met with “You no longer have the Old Fox’s ear.” He will also be unable to carry out any Night Kills.
      Communication with Ryce will continue in the same format outlined in Quiet Den.

[​IMG]

--

And then...they were the only ones left.

But...why were they left?

Hadn't the game ended?

Didn't they win?

They had chosen right!

They had chose the right on-

Met’s stare remained on him.

The Raven regarded them all behind his mask.

Whatever shift the room had taken with his child’s fury, his own gait fell it back with laughable ease. She was a autumn breeze before the might of a hurricane. A twinkling candle-flame to a dragon’s fire. When the Raven stepped forward they all cringed back, cowed before him like a coming storm. The only one who remained untouched...was his Lie Weaving daughter and the Morning Child.

A crackle of beads.

A flash of life-giving green.

The readying of guns by those naive, but brave, soldiers.

They would carry their boss’ son home in a bag.

An army of ants before a God.

They burst from his back in beauty and in terror. Lofted up to the ceiling in a lovely, despairing arc of black and white. Somehow they knew, had the ceiling not been there, the archangel's wings would have stretched beyond even that, perhaps beyond any of their comprehension. Leo let out a choking gasp from where he stood protecting Brittany and his sister. The wings threatened to swallow them all, wrapped around them. Reaching for them. Trapping them.

All the while, Alaryce stood like a cringing pup before him.

The sound of feet against the marble floor cut through the terrible rustling of feathers.

The Morning Child, with his easy stroll, walked forward.

His step echoed... and the others stilled at the sound. The lonely sounds bringing a single picture to all their minds. The image of the quiet waves of some deep, dark ocean.

And all the terrible things it hides.

The Morning Child and the Raven…

The angel’s chuckled bubbled out of the silence. Delicate hands came up from his side, and pulled the dark, beaked creation away to reveal Azrael’s handsome face.

“I guess the festivities are done.”

It was Leo who saw them first. They fell from his from his wings, from within the feathers, like ripe apples from trees, unharmed and unconscious. They fell in order in which they had been claimed. The Ashen Winter, then Tia, followed by the Vineyard Blight, his misshapen form hitting the floor with an almost wet sound. Poor Rachel Grey had the misfortune to land near him. Soon even The Everdrought slide from the dual colored feathers. When the final two fell, it was from rather high, hitting the floor painfully side by side. Scott and The Old Philosopher, much like the rest, appeared unharmed and at rest.

As soon as they had arrived, the wings seemed to recede back into Azrael. He smiled at them all completely normal and cheerful, while the rest just tried to absorb what had just occurred.

“And what do you think you’re doing, Adam?”

Their eyes turned to Met, all remembering the image of the dark sea and the secrets it kept. The throne of salt on which those black secrets reigned .

All he did in return, was smile back, “Exactly what it looks like.”

The tension between them taught as ever, was sliced cleanly with the minute applause that broke out. A Man and a Woman approached them. One tanned, the other fair.

“Bravo. Brilliant performance, if I do say so,” She grinned.

“Agreed. More than enough to keep the Others content,” He concurred, making his way over to the fallen abomination that was D’Xias, “Let’s just clean this up.”

With a flick of His fingers, the mass of unconscious flesh was gone.

“We really can’t thank you enough, Azrael. It is really HARD to find willing volunteers,” She murmured as She sought to ridding them of Cris’tiel’s sleeping body. Leo recognized the voices immediately, eyes narrowing on the Maskless Jesters as They cleaned.

As He sent Maerwynn and then Sal’iendre on their ways, He noticed the venomous looks They were receiving, “Now, don’t give Us those looks. If We didn't do this, the Others would get bored. Can you imagine the atrophy that would be unleashed if We all weren't entertained?”

“I can,” She murmured shaking Her head, “Utter destruction. I mean We can run little things here and there of course. But there’s never quite enough intelligence and manipulation feeding Us to keep it going with those. Aye, better to give the Others big puzzles like these. If We didn't this place would fall silent.”

“You should be proud really! You were interesting enough that you woke up some Others We thought lost to this plane.”

And with that, Their attention was lost as the Jesters focused on Their clean up. Leaving only one more thing to be addressed…

“YOU VOLUNTEERED US?!”

Azrael rolled his eyes patting his youngest on the head, “Everyone s’fine. See? They’re even wakin’ up. Stop overreactin’.”

“Scott, Tia and that Vida girl got stabbed!”

(“...My name is Rachel…”)

With a glance to his pocket watch, the Angel of Death brushed past his child, “They got better. Now, move. Grey’s Anatomy is on in ten, and m’goin’ to be late.”

That she continued to scream at him was largely ignored by the rest, each taking a seat on the floor near their fallen friends. Overwhelmed and exhausted, Scott blinked blearily up at their faces.

Eventually, his voice joined Ryce’s in loud complaint at the first mention of the word Peacock.

--

Endgames: Masquerade Ball is Complete!

WINNERS

TOWN
    AZRAEL - TITUS

Congrats! Thank you all for playing. We hope it was fun. ^-^

18. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Freakin' yeah, baby! Boo-yah! Great game guys and gals :D

Sorry I couldn't make it for the final vote on Fonti, my QT covers why. Speaking of which Sloth are we going to get QT links? And I hope things have gotten better for y'all.

19. Irene

If we're voting the award for BEST PARTNER EVER needs to go to his fluffiness. WIthout him drawing attention to blab I probably won't have pinpointed him so early and with that a lot of scum dynamics would've been screwed up. HE DESERVES ALL THE CREDIT IN THE WORLD.

Great job town! We wrecked the scum. This is the first time I survived to game end on the winning side WOOOT.

---------- Post automerged at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Oh yeah TerRaine can we get the obs link?

20. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Sloth & TerRaine: Thank you for running such a wonderful game. Also, given the small story hints from this game, I can't wait until you guys complete your book, because it sounds incredible!

Players, good game to all. Glad to finally get my first win!