1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Equal and Opposite by Amerision - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Amerision, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Wow! I finally bit the bullet and read this fic and like Mad eye said, i thought it was one of the greatest dark Harry! fics around. I never expected it to be like this, i to look forward to when the mirror becomes breached. Forgive me Amerison for ever doubting such a splendid piece of fiction.

2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Updated.

It's rushed and a bit longer than usual, but I hope it's up to standards.

Amerision

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

It's Hawt. I'm in the middle of still enjoying it. ;)

4. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

It's an awesome chapter, but you may have made me an eternal enemy by cutting it off where you did. N33d Moar!

Keep it up.

5. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

absolutely terrific, I love the way he just keeps on slipping deeper and deeper into darkness. Great job, update soon.

6. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

Excellent chapter, I loved the part where Dobby called him "EVIL" and a great rape scene just what the bitch deserves, my only concern is can d/dore follow him sooner or later.

7. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

I really love this fic, probably my favourite at the moment. It feels more real to me somehow, rather than Harry starting out evil or some sudden event suddenly making him the new Voldemort we get to see his slow descent into evil and madness after he was completely broken by his female self. It adds so much more to the fic for me being able to see that, and the fact that the idea behind the fic is so unique (to me at least) just makes it better.

The last chapter is certainly up to standards for me, its feeling a bit more rushed timeline wise making sense, as it added an extra sense that time was finally beginning to catch up on Harry until he finally escaped it at the end, at least for now.

You're doing a really good job with this fic, I'm already looking forward to the next chapter :)

8. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Absolutely wonderful. I didn't find it rushed, just good. I think he should destroy the mirror, though. Just in case Dumbledore does try to find a way to follow. He's a really smart guy, after all; he might succeed.

9. haroon_angel

haroon_angel Fourth Year

Wow man,
    Excellent Chapter

10. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I like the slightly longer chapter; it gives me more to read. ;) Your characterizations have improved tremendously from when you first started writing. This story is in my top ten favourites.

11. Calen

Calen Fourth Year

Damn cool! Like that you're not making him too powerful cause he did have trouble with those aurors. All he has to do now is, find Jamie and get his revenge! Hahah...what a nutcase, but I'm not complaining. Maybe torturing and killing her will give him some satisfaction, those the killing part shouldn't come any time soon. Man I can't wait for a new part, I really want to read their encounter, then again if she figured out how to get to his side, not like she's going to be a push over. Then again he did say to himself.

"Just not yet. He would not dive into the unknown underpowered. He would not lose. Not to her."

More soon!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  12. Runeknight

Runeknight Second Year

Very nice update. I really love the whole idea, with the mirror and crossing into an another universe. Lots of people do the alternate dimension thing with any strange accident where it could have happened to anyone, or with a phoenix transporting him or something to do with a time turner.

This is one of the first stories I've come across where the method to get to another dimension/universe is well thought out and actually interesting to read, and it seems very realistic. I thought the idea of Cleopatra the enchantress and the three mirrors was a good way to explain how it came into existence. I always liked Harry/Fem Harry pairing, even thought it is a little strange. The way Harry seduced Tonks was very well written and the way he handled Malfoy was splendid imo, using black mail to get what he wanted. I wish more dark Harry stories would have him thinking more intelligently, instead of just pointless killing or making stupid decisions and getting caught. Black mail or just threatening someone seems like a better idea.

Overall I thought it was fantastic, definitely one of the best dark Harry stories out there. Not sure if it matters from me, but 5/5.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I found Harry to be incredibly sloppy in this chapter. Why had he shown Tonks all those things? I've heard of mistakes but that was just plain stupid of him, but shit happens. No one is perfect.

Apart from the house-elf thing that came out of no where, I liked this chapter a lot. Interesting way of traveling through the mirror. I look forward to more.

14. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Very good chapter. Kept me interested the whole time; very captivating. But I have to are with Syao. Harry was good throughout the chapters, trying to make it all good cleaning up loose ends.

But here he seemed to be sloppy. Maybe you should have explained it better, give reasons for this; he is worried about everything maybe. I don't know, you are the author, I'm not. It's your call, maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. Just thought you should know.

15. Amerision

What do you mean by sloppy exactly? Do you mean the part where Tonks got caught? The Aurors almost getting him?

The House Elf thing I added because it seemed like in all other stories, Harry can rape the world and Dobby will *still* jack him off. It was, as you guys said, added in last minute. Perhaps I should integrate it more into the chapter.

Tonk's capture was really out of his hand, and the Aurors nearly getting him is not something he could help. Harry had no where to hide until he was to cross, and the slight control the Dark Arts has over him is affecting his judgment somewhat.

This affecting of judgment won't play a large part of the story, however. I figure that while the Dark Arts do change your behavior when you start, you'll be generally more accepting of the changes in personality and not let them control by planning around them and incorporating them into your schemes.

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

16. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Throughout the previous chapters, Harry, to me anyways, seemed a lot more careful. He made sure certain incidents couldn't be used against him; he obliviated Ron; killed Slughorn, he got rid of loose ends.

But in this chapter, he is hastily constructing wards, laying off Draco and Davis, not thinking of Tonks before hand.

Things like that really stand out to me since Harry seemed a lot more careful before.

17. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

For me it makes sense that he seems rather less careful as you say Rostam, though I don't see it as that.

However careful anyone is when doing things like Harry has done (kidnapping, murder, etc) there will always be a point where things will unravel. He had to tie up the loose ends of Davis and Malfoy, and in regards to Tonks I don't think he planned for her being taken by the Order. After all, Hermione was the only one who suspected and as was said in an earlier chapter, he didnt think she'd say anything without proof. Plainly that assumption proved wrong and came back to bite him.

But even if he had acted on Tonks, what could he have done? Memory charms can be broken, and I'm pretty sure he'd know that if his guard was found dead security around him would be tightened. To me, he acted as carefully as he could, he just reached the point where time was catching up to him and events spiraled out of his control.

18. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Personally, I thought the way his house of cards fell down was extremely well done. It wasn't sloppiness, Rostam, but reality. Nothing this big could possibly go to plan, and when things happen to disrupt said plan, he does try to address the issues; I mean, sloppiness would be allowing Tonks to make her own choices, ignore the effects of Ginny's failed love potion, ignoring problems that can create flaws in his plan. This Harry is human, adapting whenever possible, but not perfect by a long shot. He probably could have handled Hermione or Tonks differently, but the point is to show how this obsession has warped him and interfered with his thought process. On that note, I love how he forced Tonks to look like a Jamie... *shivers*.

I think it would be twisted and hilarious if Harry has changed so much that he ends up meeting a different Jamie in this new world. Who is to say that exact opposites can't change as time progresses? For the mirror to be accurate, it would have to have access to an infinite amount of different worlds to always display the one exactly opposite to oneself. After all, you can't look into a world where you don't exist... I really want to see not the Jamie Harry has been obsessing over, but an innocent, naive Jamie, kind of like Harry in most of book 4: trusting, blinded by the light, unwilling to believe in the evil in people, and unwilling to dirty his hands with death. This darker Harry would utterly destroy and corrupt her and her world...

19. Chilli

Chilli Seventh Year DLP Supporter

...and then _she_ would go to another world and meet a naive innocent Harry and go on to destroy him and then _he_ ... <endless loop> :)

Joking aside, I like your idea. It would be far more interesting than meeting the same Jamie as before.

20. Amerision

That does seem a good idea, however I've already laid the foundation for Harry to meet the same Jamie.

Perhaps when this is all done, I'll continue this possible storyline as "bonus" chapters.