1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Equal and Opposite by Amerision - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Amerision, Jun 5, 2006.

1. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Oh this is titilating. I very much enjoy a powerful and bright Harry with Major failings. My only issue with the latest chapter is the cliff hanger. You do take a bit of time to update, so I'm slightly annoyed to have to wait. But I'm sure what ever you have planned with be very satisfieying.

2. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

we waited long but the chapter fulfilled us imo. i just wish the next chapter would come up earlier.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I know what he is planning, and let me tlel you it pisses me off slightly. >_> But I'm sure you all will like it. He's taking time because he wants to capture the next chapter as perfectly as he can.

4. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

I just read this for the first time tonight, and I was quite impressed. Well-written, and Harry made me want to smack him - truly a strong anti-hero. Well done, Am. Take a 5.

5. Paimon

Paimon That fucking cat

I also wished to smack Harry while reading that, although for different reasons.
    To me, he seems to be losing control of himself and becoming overwhelmed by his anger. It seems that he (or you) are setting him up for failure when the fight between Harry and Jamie begins. I still hope Harry wins though! *crosses fingers*
    FIVE Stars for you! ٭٭٭٭٭

6. Goosefaba

Goosefaba Looked into the void DLP Supporter

I have to say i haven't read it because the pairing really turned me off, i can handle harry/ginny i don't even care about Hary/McGonagall but Harry/himself is just to much. i afraid with my bias even the best writing there ever was canot bring me to touch this story. While it is original, my opinion on that is because not many people want to write a harry/fem himself story.

But don't be discredited by me(you probibly aren't) i check some of your other work out and you seem to have a fanbase anyway. I am getting tempted to read the first chapter, my mouse hovered over the link for a seconed but i could't do it

7. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

That's...fairly closed-minded of you. No, really. I mean, this fem!harry in NO way resembles canon!harry--for one thing, an actual slytherin. for another, FEMALE. And, I don't know how much you know about biology, but estrogen and testosterone do funny things to women's and men's (respective) bodies--they affect every aspect of us, not just physical, but the entire way that our brains think is influenced by what chemicals are floating in our bloodstream.

But, that's not important. What is important is that in this case, they're too entirely different people--its as if they were brother and sister, and nothing more, so if you want to object on incestual grounds, then you'd be correct (so to speak) in doing so.

8. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Personally, I'd sooner fuck myself than a sibling.

9. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

true enough. I'll agree to that. then again, i have a little brother and i dont swing that way, so what do i know?

10. Thalarian

Thalarian Seventh Year

A good, solid 4.9/5.

That .1 loss is my irritation that you've amassed the same amount of reviews I have with 1/12th the writing. The world is a dark, cruel place. >_<

Other than that, I felt it was a strong fic with a perfect OC. You've done a wonderful job with Jaime. Even for the brief scene we see her in, you get an incredible hint into her personality. Instead of sitting there and trying to force her personality upon the reader in that single scene, you've taken to almost giving her definition through her effects on Harry. Seeing how he's changing, how he's reacting, and how he's beginning to think all reflects on his time spent with his Equal and Opposite, and gives the reader a firm glance at just what kind of woman Jaime is.

The Harry you're having him become is somewhat cliche'd, but it's approached in a very uncliche'd manner. It adds a refreshing aspect to something that is common usage.

While a part of him is driven into this by manipulation, where other stories rely on that being the sole reason, you've made it more driven by the fact that Jaime seems so much more powerful than him. Physically, emotionally, and possibly in terms of magic as well. I sensed that was a driving force behind Harry's change. The inadequacy he felt on that level, and the sudden dependency he felt. Both things that he hates, which he melds into a drive to make himself better using any means necessary.

I haven't really seen enough of the other characters to gauge most of them, but they seem to have been fit into easy roles. Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore and the rest have kind of been placed in positions that make Harry's transformation more plausible. While it seems a bit of an overused tactic, I can see where you would rather focus more on the workings of Harry and Jaime, rather than explain something 99% of readers would probably already know. In a way, it actually helps the story, rather than tear away from it.

My biggest interest now is the changes Harry will face in Jaime's world. Will everyone be the opposite gender than Harry's world? Will it be the same? Is she the 'Girl-Who-Lived' in her realm, and if so, what changes does that bring upon the wizarding world?

Looking forward to more.

11. Goosefaba

Goosefaba Looked into the void DLP Supporter

I know like i said my bias is stoping me from reading some aparently amazing fanfiction. But it still freaks me out, imagine you had a twin sister who looked just like you and you fucked her.....no bad thoughts it's just weird!
    And no matter how many chemicals i have in my brain telling my dick fuck her my willpower will tell the rest of my body to stay away and fuck someone else or jerk off because there is no way your getting near her.
    If you can convince me it's not wrong i'll not only read it but give you a medal.

12. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

There is a difference between growing up with your twin sister and then having sex with her - and having sex with your "twin sister" you just met for the first time who is fucking hot. ;)

13. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

But that's exactly what you would be doing, masterbating. Fucking yourself. What's wrong with that?

14. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Updated.

This new chapter may make you hate me. :)

15. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

I loved it. Good work. Jamie is a true bitch.

16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I just finished reading this fic, and I only have one thing to say...

Fantastic job; I absolutely loved it. The fall into darkness wasn't exactly subtle, but it was done in a way that was at the very least believable. Keep up the good work, Amerision; I look forward to more.

That said, 5/5.

17. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

i liked the new chapter too. a nice twist with jamie casting the curse on dumbledore. i am curious about the relationships in jamie's world, i mean jamie-voldemort. how come she became a servant to voldemort who killed her parents. how come she turned evil. although it is hinted that rituals have effected her,i think there are other things might have roles too. if she gives too much importance to her freedom, than what about her being a DE? i just wish next chapter will come out much sooner than the last one came.

18. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lol, good chapter, though quite the divergence from the original plan wasn't it?

I seem to remember the original idea being Harry dominating Jamie, not the other way round...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  19. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Hurrah for the update. Good chapter, though personally I was surprised that Harry chose to reveal himself to Jamie so soon without spending time preparing himself to subdue her like he was planning too.

Nice twist at the end too, with her killing Dumbledore. From comments early in the chapter I had been believing that she simply used dark methods to achieve her goals whilst still working against Voldemort. I was somewhat surprised to find that that isnt the case, but it certainly leaves Harry in a very interesting predicament as to whether he sides against both her and Voldemort, tries to infiltrate the Death Eaters, or acts alone.

This story still remains my favourite ongoing one at present. And again I eagerly await the next chapter. 5/5

20. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Good ending with Jamie beign a DE, and tho I'm not a huge fan of Jamie bitching Harry around it's still a great story, and looking forward to the next chapter, hopefully won't be quite the wait this time around hint hint.

Also because of your warning that we might hate you I was convinced that when you were having Harry follow Malfoy it was going to be because he was sleeping with Jamie to provoke Harry. In which case I probably would have hated you so very glad you didn't.