1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

PC Master Race

Seriously though, I never got an Xbone, and my last PlayStation was the ps2 (which I got pretty much exclusively for the Armored Core games...)

I mean, I get the draw to consoles in a way. They tend to be cheaper than a good PC. But they always go obsolete after like 5~ years whereas a good pc can last 10~ years depending on specs and hardware advances.

But honestly even the 'cheaper than a pc' thing is arguable now since you usually end up having the subscription shit and needing to download games and stuff.

2. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Games and exclusives are king. The primary determined of a console is what games it has. Sony won that fight last gen and I see no reason to expect this generation to be different.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It looks like the $300 xbox is basically everything the 500 one is, but 1440p, 500gb ssd and no disk drive...

That's a pretty good fucking deal. Especially if you don't have a massive 4k tv.

Again, too bad there's no reason to own one.

On the plus side, I always hope this pushes Sony to be more consumer friendly. Microsoft's primary purpose in the space imo /shrug

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't think the mid-tier consoles are going to sell anywhere near as well as Sony and Microsoft are hoping. After all, we're coming straight off the final disc-based generation, so no disk drive is going to be a non-starter for most people who are looking for backwards compatibility.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Sony's not offering that option AFAWK.

The digital console is the exact same as the disk one in every way bar the disk drive.

If there's a significant price difference, I'll be getting digital. I bought one physical PS4 game over the entire generation, so not bothered.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    PS5 Showcase in roughly 12 hours from now.

'Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.'

Personally, unless we're getting insane shadow drops for the release window, I'd rather they just spent 40 minutes on the UI and features...

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Due to some hastily deleted tweets that were super innocuous and didn't actually need deleting, the rumor is that we're getting big FF news, be it a full trailer for FF7R.2 or an FF16 tease.

Not a huge stretch, given that Squenix always has major FF announcements for every console launch.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Remake 2 would certainly sell consoles...

Btw, I'm hearing they've had to cut on production of millions of consoles due to manufacturing problems. Be prepared for wide shortages if you don't get one early - if you even care to.

9. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  11. Gengar

High Score:
    Ff16 console exclusive, wow...

Harry Potter thing is annoying. I wish it was further back in time or not in the past. 'Shaping the legacy' of Hogwarts feels a bit meaningless to me in 1800, when others are not too far from entering the scene and having a bigger impact...

12. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

But can you vanish the shit from your pants lolololol

13. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

There we go, a proper trailer.

Going by the logos on the official website, this is a multiplatform game, coming out for Playstation, Xbox and PC - no indication if it's EGS, Steam or any kind of digital storefront exclusive.

14. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

[​IMG]

15. Gengar

High Score:
    GOD OF WAR 2021 LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Honestly, being able to play every PS4 console exclusive + a few more on day 1 on PS5 for 'free' with PS+ is petty smart and great for onboarding.

16. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Still like everything about it except the stupid ancient power gimmick. Game devs seemed to have forgotten that characters don't need a unique power to be special.

17. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

EUR is 1,2 USD at the moment. About 17% difference between prices in Europe and America and it probably will be even more.

As for HP, it can be good, but since it's not happening anywhere close to the canon, the new characters really need to win the fans.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Pre ordered. Bought the digital one, it's $150 Aud cheaper at 599 (normal is 750AUD)

Edit:

(Demons Souls)

With this in mind, we fine-tuned the title to ensure the game remains fresh and appeals to new users accustomed to modern controls and experiences...

...Following the PS5 event, a representative for Sony confirmed that the text indicating Demon's Souls would be coming to PC and other consoles in addition to PS5 was "included in error." As of now, the game is only slated for a PS5 launch.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Wasn't super impressed by anything in the FF16 reveal. Looks like they're developing solely with Unreal 4, and instead of being innovative with the setting, they've reverted back to a standard knights and crystals schtick from the pre FF5 era. This one is going to sink or swim on story and characters.

Miles Morales setpiece was sexy as fuck.

Hogwarts Legacy could end up being great, or could end up being a travesty. Time will tell.

Oddworld is going to be a real trip.

Demon's Souls remake looked.... I dunno... clunky?

The Playstation Plus collection (assuming the games are fully free with PS+) is a huge win for Sony.

God of War 2021 has me fully erect and they didn't even show any fucking footage.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    They're 'free' (with PS+)