1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Any reason for me to bring these bad bois out (bought them for E:D).

Track IR was a pretty expensive bust though... Not really a fan of VR either for HOTAS gameplay, I still need to see my keyboard and my joystick...

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's actually become a great game. No microtransactions that affect gameplay (paid currency is only for unlocking emotes and costumes), relatively balanced heroes albeit Dark Side being overall stronger than Light, and a nice, if a bit slow progression system based on how much you play.

And the big bonus right now, it's free on PS Plus for June. Picked it up and I'm having an awesome time. Yoda, Maul, Boba, and Vader are so fulfilling to play.

You're going to spend the first several weeks getting your ass handed to you by veterans, but the learning curve isn't too steep if you practice in co-op.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  3. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jedi: Fallen Order was really good. So...we'll see.

4. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

The only lesson it might have learned is "Give these fucks some crumbs, so they think we're doing good now, while we continue to scalp them on other matters and ruin some other IPs."

And isn't their hold on Star Wars license for video games expiring in a couple of years? That's probably why they're ramping up producing of somewhat decent SW video games, because as it was before all this, EA was just the absolute worst choice, who did nothing with the IP worth mentioning.

I found it to be rather bland. It had nothing really going for it - despite playing as a Jedi, you never really got the feel for it. Push and pull just felt so weak. Not to mention the whole business with the lightsaber being a basebal bat most of the time. Story was rather forgettable and altogether inconsequential - nothing you did really matters in the long run. You're not going to be defeating Vader or Palpatine - we already know how that story ends. We didn't get to play around with Force powers all that much. The galaxy felt like a barren place and I honestly have no idea why they made it in this time period to begin with. There's just nothing appealing about it to me, not after it's been played out dozens of times through other games that came before it. It looks alright, but that's it.

5. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Completely different opinion. I found combat to be incredibly fun and enjoyable. The story, while nothing insanely epic, was enjoyable. All in all, it was a very fun game. Best star wars game since maybe Force Unleashed.

6. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think EA have cancelled more SW games since 2014 than they have shipped.

7. kelkorkesis

kelkorkesis DA Member

High Score:
    Combat was utterly bland though. I disliked force powers were so limited due to charge mechanic. I didn't care for its story either. Game shined when I was away from combat and story, exploring old ruins. I really enjoyed that.

We are in 2020 though. It is 17 years since release of Jedi Academy and we didn't get a single Star Wars game reaching Jedi Academy's lightsaber combat. All we get is glowing baseball bats.

8. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

As excited as I am for a Demon's Souls remake, I'd much rather From release a new Armored Core game for the next gen. I get why they'd do this from a business perspective but it's still disappointing.

I want my customizable mechas damnit, and if they could be flight stick compatible, I'd cream myself.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    From have nothing to do with Demon's Souls. Bluepoint are remaking it with Japan Studios. From are likely working on Elden Ring.

10. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Are they working on it? Because we haven't heard anything about the game, not really, since it released its trailer.

11. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Then I hope they keep making Elden Ring cause that shit looks good. I'd love a Norse Dark Souls game.

12. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Of course they are working on it.

As far as I know, this is usually From Software's MO. They show a trailer, then go silent until the game is near release and release maybe one or 2 more trailers.

13. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

That's why their name is FromSoftware and not FromTrailers.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    ...what? The studios working on it are in the trailer. It's a Bluepoint and JapanStudios game. From made the original, Bluepoint are remaking it.

15. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

16. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

― Shigeru Miyamoto

If y'all are expecting The Witcher 3 But Cyberpunk, you can wait a few more weeks

17. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

How did that work out for Duke Nukem again?

18. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Lol, very different circumstances and environment, but I see your point.

Extra time for testing is good. We all know how disastrous a buggy launch can be for an IP.

Just look at AssCreed Unity, Arkham knight etc.

Hoping that the gameplay thing is not another overly edited fifteen minutes of trite information.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm not sure this is for polish reasons... It seems to line up suspiciously close to when the next gen consoles are launching.

I won't be surprised if we see a PS5 or xbox tie in. I wonder if it's too early for a spec edition console too, that'd sell like crazy, both boxes have their detratcors for different reasons.

20. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Someone noticed that delay once again happened 91 days before release suggesting they have some milestone that wasn't reached. If there will be another delay, we should expect it around 20th August.