1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

thats a bit racist bud.

What does being Polish have to do with their ability to release games on time

2. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's hard to complete tasks when suffering from severe vitamin deficiency after a lifetime without vegetables.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm thirteen hours in and there's absolutely no 'disservice' going on, people are fucking idiots.

That being said, it's insanely tense. I dunno about emotionally 'exhausting' yet, but I can see things going pretty dark - but hey, you know what you're getting when you boot up the game. I am pretty tired after a day's gaming, though that was for ten hours.

Also, I'm sure you've all heard about them, but the accessibility options are insane. Don't dismiss them as if they're 'handicap' mode, there are so many options that let you tailor the game to suit your desires. Do yourself a favour and browse through all the options available.

Oh. And fuck dogs. Seriously.

4. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Hmm, I think I'm more curious about your thoughts after finishing the game.

Apparently there;'s a huge shift in the game midway through and that's what's got most people riled up.

Playing as the killer of the previous protagonist and hunting down the protagonist of the new game, sounds like a very interesting concept if done right.
    But at the same time, I can understand why people would react with such visceral hate towards that direction. Its like reading the Harry Potter books and then one of the Death Eaters killing harry and the rest of the book is based on the Death eater hunting down Hermoine and Ron.
    I definitely would not want to read that shit.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Not looking at spoilers, but I can guess what's gonna happen. I don't think it's particularly subtle.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Finished, the outrage is still hilariously farcical. It's probably not a 10 for me, but still a 9, that 'shift' you mentioned being twice as long as it needed to be.

I saw a reviewer get mocked for comparing it to Schindler's List, or more specifically, comparing the feeling he got while playing it to the feelings he had while watching SL. I understand that take completely. The game is basically dread, tension and misery incarnate. It was like watching a 25hr long car crash, and I could absolutely not look away.

I can totally get if that's not everyone's thing. Shit, it's not really mine, but I love the characters so much that ND made it my thing.

Kudos. I hope they never make another.

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Picked up the Steam port of Persona 4 Golden. First time ever touching that installment. Been worth it so far.

8. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Injustice: Gods Among Us is free on Steam and the PSN. Y'all should pick it up if you're into fighting games. The graphics haven't aged to well but the gameplay is decent (compared to modern fighters).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  9. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Chris Avellone has been accused of sexual assault allegations and Techland has already dropped him from working on Dying Light 2 any further. These allegations came through Twitter rather than actually being filed in a legal way, because I'm thinking at this point people would just rather gain some outrage online this way rather than even attempt to do things properly.

And gotta love how everyone's just taking the "innocent until guilty" approach. Oh wait, they're not.

Best bit about this? The woman who's accusing him of this said she told him "No" and he accepted that and didn't go any further. How is that rape or assault if he takes into account her consent or lack thereof? She then proceeds to talk about some bad relationship, an actual relationship, he had with one of her acquaintances/friends and uses that as a basis to validate her claim. What in the absolute fuck? How the fuck does that translate into sexual misconduct?

There's obviously vague "You know what you did" and "I could name more people, but I totally won't" being said by the woman accusing him and so on, but so far Avellone has only copped up to that relationship that was brought up being a bad one and he apologizes for it on Twitter. Which he shouldn't have to do. Yes, it might have gone bad, but unless there was some kind of actual abuse going on here, what fucking right do people have to bring up contents of someone's personal life on Twitter in this way, in an attempt to discredit them, as if to say "Aha, see, he had a thing go bad with my friend, that means he's terrible and sexually assaults people!".

All in all, I am mad that I'm seeing shit repeat itself, that mere allegations on fucking Twitter of all places somehow count as valid and totally true and no one was ever bitter to try and shittalk someone, no sir, that never happened, and they totally never lied about these kinds of things. Another developer, one that worked on Sunless Sea, was similarly accused of sexual assault/misconduct because of a relationship gone bad - he'd cheated on her, IIRC - and then one of her friends started pulling up this shit on Twitter and the moment he got himself a lawyer to confront the allegations they were all like "Wtf, an innocent man wouldn't get a lawyer to defend himself" and the worst part is that just because some absolute turdtwat shittalks you on Twitter due to a failed relationship or a relationship gone bad, that apparently ignites the so called cancel culture pretty easily, demanding apologies and groveling and being fired from your job and so on.

I woke up barely an hour ago and hadn't really expected to be angry so early in the morning, but here I am.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    I keep saying I'll get into fighting games when a new GG comes out and i keep not doing it

11. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Unfortunately for him, he seems to have been the type of game writer whose value largely stemmed from his Name/brand.

Now that brand has become damaged. I don't see any other game in the near future having Chris Avellone as writer being a selling point.

Too bad for him.

He seems to be handling the situation correctly though.

12. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

If y'all are going to spoil shit, use the tags, or start a thread with clear warning instead of diverting this one. This is one of those legacy mega threads that I really wish didn't exist, but will keep it out of necessity.

Use spoiler tags or I'll infract you.

Anyone else, if you see spoiler content (use your best judgment here) report it.

13. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Last of Us 2 talk here so its easier to manage I think.

14. Gengar

High Score:
  15. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Is this supposed to be a meme? Because if so, it’s not well done. That’s a French Amazon listing with a German cover.

16. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The meme is that Skyrim is being re-released, again.

17. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    I‘m familiar with the Skyrim re-re-re-re-re-release meme. I just wasn‘t sure if it was that, or whether it was just a bad fake.

(I would be surprised if we didn‘t get a Next-Gen version of Skyrim at some point, though.)

18. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Some news sites say that's a legit leaked image from Amazon France. It might just be that Skyrim is being prepped for the 9 thousandth re-release.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah I got the pic from the leaked Amazon France story.

20. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]