1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A long while?

He'll never get hired in this industry again. Innocence (if he is) doesn't matter. He'll have to do his own thing and his fans will likely support him if he does.

2. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Wow, do you really believe that?

I mean the man is completely and utterly innocent. The people who destroyed his career will probably never face justice except settle in court.

But I genuinely find it hard that the entire industry will ostracize, even after his innocence has been completely and irefutably proved.

Yeah, this game was made by "Chris Avellone" will probably not be part of marketing campaigns anymore, but, he will find work. He's too talented not to.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    I absolutely believe that.

I'm more surprised you think otherwise tbh.

4. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I have to say I am having a really hard time believing that he basically stayed quiet for a year because he wanted to be fair and give his accusers time to find the truth themselves and I certainly will not take a a quasi-press statement by him as an actual acquittal.

5. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Looks like that entire lawsuit by Avellone is just idiotic SLAPP bullshit, going by comments from actual lawyers on twitter. That and the "100 anonymous defendants" just make Avellone look like an utter moron. Maybe he's innocent, but considering he's going the way of "literal piece of shit" Vic Mignona, might just be good riddance to bad rubbish.

6. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Huh.

This is an interesting take.

Oh well, I guess now that the court's are involved, this can only be resolved through the burden of proof.

Also, really, a lawyer on twitter said so, so its real, is just one of the weirdest thing about the modern decade.

You do realize they are people, culpable of mistakes and emotional outbursts just as any "twitter expert"

7. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Nah, the women almost certainly had absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm 110% certain that he stayed quiet for a year because he talked to his lawyer and they told him not to say a goddamn word because whatever he said was at best gonna accomplish nothing, and at worst make it significantly worse for himself. So he spent a year being silent and gathering evidence to refute the claim(s) and eventually do what he could to salvage whatever's left of his reputation after the kangaroo court of twitter finished with him.

Will it work? Probably not, but we'll see I suppose.

Honestly, this situation reminds me of the Kael'thas voice actor's whole thing, where he got accused of sexual assault and unpersoned by Blizzard for it, only for it to then turn out that his accuser was a crazy stalker. Only time will tell though.

If we assume he's entirely innocent of everything he's accused of, which is far from guaranteed (it seems somewhat reasonable going by what he said in his statement(s), but of course it would, that's the point of them), he's still not going to be able to find much, if any, work. His name is toxic now and hiring him will invite a wave of angry twitter crusaders to harass your company and stir up negative PR against your company and/or game.

No company wants to deal with that when they don't have to, and the overwhelming majority aren't even going to consider it. If he still wants to work in the gaming industry, which I'd assume he does since everything I know about the man says that he loves it, his only realistic options are to start his own company, or pray someone's willing to go for the hail mary.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  8. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

In what way has his innocence been "completely and irrefutably" proved? This is about as classic of a "he said" vs "she said" case as you can get.

Twitter is as always a terrible place to litigate this.

9. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

That's why the girl who accused him used it in the first place, her goal wasn't to litigate shit, she just meant to ruin him and she succeeded.

He should have been smarter from the get go, the first accusation, lawyer up and have the lawyer publicly challenge the claims. I remember a former dev from Sunless Sea did that, they shut up pretty quick once he went the legal route. And the whole thing stemmed from the fact that he cheated on his ex, which while awful and terrible is nowhere near the same as raping or sexual harassment.

Funny shit is, since the guy immediately got a lawyer, they said something in the vein of "An innocent man wouldn't need a lawyer."

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Sony announced they officially acquired Housemarque just now.

Take that to mean they were very pleased with Returnal and we'll likely see more. This is basically their MO, they did it with Sucker Punch and Insomniac too.

I'd be shocked if they didn't acquire Bluepoint too. Maybe there's another exclusive after Demon's Souls that they're waiting for?

11. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Anyone else see this? Looks like they're still putting out new content for The Old Republic, with the promise of more updates down the line. Along with a story expansion, it looks like a neat overhaul to make character classes more flexible (which is seriously overdue). Looks pretty cool so far, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

It's nice to see they haven't given up on SW:TOR yet, especially since it's the last living bastion of Legends content in the Star Wars universe right now.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I got an email letting me know and i was shocked

13. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We should find a way to contain every stupid fucker who thinks to the cancer that is Twitter. Then, the world should ignore Twitter, just let the crazies stew in each other's koolaid.

14. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

We tried that with Parler, didn't work out that well.

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  16. Gengar

High Score:
    A lot of really cool announcements from the Playstation showcase.

First was the announcement of KoToR Remake. Emphasis on remake. A lot of talk in the post show about it being a 'complete remake' from 'the ground up.'

I'd be a lot more excited if it was being done by Bluepoint, but we'll see.

Next was Project Eve. It looks like Nier meets Bayonetta? You can tell they're going for that from the design of the protag alone, along with the combat. Looks cool.

Next we got a longer look at Forspoken. Except for the really budget facial animations/ mapping, this game looks really exciting.

Then we got another look at Guardians... While i hate the way the Guardians look, this looks really cool too.

Spiderman 2 announced for 2023, with a fan favourite villain(?)...

Also hints at a duotagonst game

Oh, did you think Insomniac were only making Spiderman? XD I shit myself during this trailer, awesome bait and switch.

And then for the cherry on top. God of War: Ragnarok. It's not mentioned in the trailer, but in the post-show they said this game will be ending the Norse saga... and given that I doubt they'll be putting the franchise on hold again... this is exciting. Esp with the teasers in GoW.

https://youtu.be/EE-4GvjKcfs

We also got, like, the millionth look at Deathloop. Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy coming to PC. Tiny Tina thing is March. Ghostwire Tokyo looks... interesting too.

17. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Didn't expect the Wolverine announcement at all. Not exactly hyped yet, as he's hardly my favourite character, but if Insomniac can do even half of what they managed with Spider-Man it'll be worth getting.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    I think the only way they can ruin it for me is if it's not R-rated.

If I'm slicing bitches and they're not being cut in half, they're doing it wrong.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Man, I was really not enjoying Pathfinder: WoTR. My character was a sword saint magus/duelist, but fuck me, the combat feels too faithful to the TTRPG formulae.

That's on me. They've not tried to hide what kind of game they're making.

Then I rerolled as a Kineticist (i originally got to the first mythic 'choice' before quitting that character). Holy balls playing as one of them, specifically an Ele Engine, is way more fun.

I hear there's a mythic path later that ups the level cap to 40 (Legend?). I want to build a 20 fire/fire/earth Kin with a 20 dragon scion fighter thing (for the fighter weapon focus feats) just to RP as Wrathion from Warcraft with a black dragon bloodline XD

20. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Yes, Legend is the one that lets you level up to 40. But story wise, I consider it dull, which is far more important to me than any game mechanic.

I'm currently on my third playthrough of the game, first one was with a Lich that had Urgathoa as his deity and boy, those ending slide sure are fun. Second one was a pure Aeon, and what surprised me a lot about that is that even though I absolutely followed the letter of the law on everything,
    I still could become a Devil, provided I passed the Diplomacy checks.

Third playthrough is an Azata and so far I'm seeing more content for that than Lich, for example. After this one, I'll be heading for Trickster, then Angel and finally Demon. I'm really hooked into the different mythic paths, sidequests and ultimate transformation.

Gold Dragon and Swarm being late game paths, I can understand. But Devil just feels so fucking underwhelming.