1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fable 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by The Mysterious Nobody, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    [ /Spoiler] -_- use it tard.

And as far as I know, no you can't. That would make it impossible for a Fable 3 where you get your first character back
    :O

2. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

I massacred all the bowerstone townies one too many times so now they always run away in fear of me. Im trying to get Lady Gray to shack up with me but she runs away like all the reset. Any advise for quelling the fear?

3. Twisted

Twisted Guest

Cheers for the mild spoiler mate.

Cheers.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'm sorry but all of you are on fucking crack.

The game has a shitload of bugs, it plays like a rail shooter, the dog's glitchy as shit and useless so far, no wait... I enjoy him telling me I have to dig for something... then having to slowly walk in circle with him in a 3 foot radius trying to get the fucking dig icon to pop up.

I do enjoy my minigames to be actually FUN, money's too easy to get, the combat's horrible, the spell system sucks. I like having to go through bullshit submenus to show off my trophies, instead of you know, making them easier to get to.

I actually enjoy HUDs. Less isn't more.

And the graphics? Yeah they're great. If you enjoy the immense levels where you can't really go anywhere exploring, the obscene amount of fogging and sun glare making everything farther then 20 feet away blurry.

Going through the menu trying to dye something was fun, it slowed the xbox to a halt and I thought the hard drive was going to explode it was grinding so hard.

I tried playing a thief but the people seem to see me, despite them being outside their home a good 50 feet away, facing away from the door, I sat and killed a good 10 identical looking town guards in a town of maybe 20 people, when more kept coming I said the hell with it.

1 save slot... what the fuck.

NO MINIMAP??? Glowing trail of gay?

I'm only a few hours in, but so far, I loathe this game. It plays like an actual RPG, but for 5 year olds. The "jobs" do they get any better, or is it always that stupid meter?

Keystone or whatever it's called is interesting, the disc game is horrible and with some clusterfucked rules.

meh. Maybe I'm just too used to being a PC gamer and got used to games being fun, easy to set up how you want, and having more sit to do.

5. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

It's not just you. I couldn't even finish the storyline because the game was just to easy and didn't hold my attention.

There are more save slots than just one. I think there are six actually per profile, it just looks like theres only one until you save another. I tested in the beginning to make sure I didn't save over.

I suggest downloading the game on your harddrive or you may experience massive freezing like I did if you do decide to continue playing.

I actually enjoyed the first couple hours of the game, but after that, all the enjoyment left.

I agree with most of your comments. It seems games are getting way to easy and this is a nice example of that.

6. Midknight

You know I actually liked the original Fable regardless of what I said here

Looking back, if you take it as just a quirky RPG, not meant to be serious, with some funny bits, then it's fine. Ultra simplistic combat, good spells, etc. You know, just forget they lied about 75% of the game, and the fact that it seems made for the 5-13 crowd.

Back to Fable 2.

And WHAT the FUCK, with everything making you fat? What the hell makes you skinny other then celery, which I've found one town that stocks TWO pieces of it.

I haven't figured a way yet to tell what buildings you own, but I've only just started messing with it, then there is lulzy shit like knocking your girl up, being forced to have the baby right there, missing out on the sales or jobs you were working on, and then the mom isn't at home hardly ever to care for the kid.

Which brings me to the menus... good god. Clusterfuck. I got bugged somehow where the game shows the exclamation mark on several different categories even after I've done everything you'd normally do it clear it. Add that to the fact that I have the game reminding me to go buy furniture from a store if I want to redecorate my house EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I get out of the inventory menu, and the whole system drives me nuts.

Edit: And achievements? You only have to SEE someone else do something? ug.

And how'd you manage multiple savespots? I just figured since it always asks me if I'm sure I want to overwrite my save, there was only one.

Edit:
    ... I want multiple saves per character... you know, like nearly every other RPG ever invented. What the fuck.

Ohh.. and is there actually armor rating? So far I've got bandit clothes, assassin clothes, and I don't see jack with armor ratings?

Hell at least for Fable: TLC I said this.
    Too bad he ruined it with fog and various other clusterfucks that reduce your viewing area so much.

Hey look IGN gave it an Editor's Choice award and a 8.8 score. Sad.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  7. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Ahh, I assumed you meant multiple characters, not multiple save files of the same character. I think you're out of luck on that one.

8. Midknight

Aye. Hey, I'm the sort to finish a game when I start it usually, so I'm dragging ass through it now. Can't get a Demon door to open up despite doing exactly what I'm supposed to, I told a girl to stop following me, she got stuck in an audio loop saying "well okay then" over, and over, and over. I finally had to kill her to get her to go away.

Is there an easy way to switch trophies without having to go back through that godawful slow menu?

9. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Not that I remember off hand. I think I didn't even use the system because of that.

10. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Game blew chunks. Snarf and I both liked the first and the expansion, but this game was a total letdown. It seemed pretty cool for the first day of playing or so, but it didn't keep your attention at all once the novelty wore off. We stopped playing it for a couple days and never went back. I haven't even thought about it until this thread. If that doesn't show how pathetic the game was, I don't know what will.

11. Midknight

I completely give up on the gargoyles. There's one by the caravan I spent probably 15 minutes trying to get, be nice if the arrow/bullet actually shot where the reticule says it will.

I used the infinite exp glitch to max myself out so I could enjoy the game some, soon as I get some cash I'm just going to wipe out every village I can and screw around, probably won't bother finishing it unless I get bored before i sent it back to Gamefly.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  12. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Ahh, yes, the gargoyle behind the caravan. I think there is only one spot you can hit that thing from. Took me about fifteen minutes to find it.

13. Midknight

Game has become a bit of an obsession, just want to finish it I think to bitch about the bugs, lol. I'll eventually cobble everything together I think into a "Why Fable 2 was a left down" post, heh.

New stuff, when the Seer sends you on to Brightwood to find the Hero of Will, it breaks sleeping. You can't sleep again no matter what, until you find him and he gets kidnapped. I was trying to get the Swinger achievement for a good hour screaming mad. It doesn't matter if you go on a side quest, or anything, you cannot sleep again. I lost all 4 of my families because of this. The wife wanted sex, but the game wouldn't let me sleep to get the option.

The dog often vanishes. Not falls behind, not stays outside of a shop, flat out vanishes in a dungeon, outside the world in wide open places, etc. Reloading fixes it. Useless bastard that he is. He'll often get stuck on stuff too, and will not stop barking until he somehow gets free. And despite being a max fighter, he does fuck all.

I got hit by a Balverine and juggled in the air between two rocks for a good 5 minutes while I waited for Hammer to kill them. I couldn't do jack, if I paused, it just said Scene Paused, no quit and reload, no save option, and I wasn't about to redo all that crap again.

The treasures. Seriously. Every box I've come across or things I've dug up have been shit. If you're going to make a whole subquest thing with the dog and put dive, and dig spots, and hide treasure boxes in spaces no human could possibly see them, make them worth getting. And no, that doesn't include potions I can buy for 50 gold anyway, or 100 exp potions.

Which brings me to this point. The menu. If I use one item, it shouldn't kick you to the main screen. Potion drinking for exp. points is a bitch because of this. Expression learning sucks. I think I already went over how hard the game stutters when you go to dye clothes. It's amazing, I know from past LH games they don't playtest at all, but fuck.

Annnnnnnd speaking of fucking. I'm attractive. Great. I now have 15 people following me around causing the game to slow down, even while installed to the hard drive. I can't walk into certain areas because it becomes a bitch to wade back out of the sea of horny people who want me, but only if I marry them. At least the unchaste girls will go for a very, very lame fuck. See The Witcher for how sex in games should be handled.

And if they're going to follow you, PLEASE you should of given them more then 3 lines. "Oh where my ring" will make you slaughter the whole fucking town the 300th time you hear it. I money glitched to max out money accidentally when my clock got screwed up from the kids messing with it, I bought a ton of stuff and just don't go into their towns anymore unless I have to because of this.

I'm sure there's more after all I think I'm 2/3s of the way through in the few hours I've messed with it =/

I think once I get done with this, I'll go back and play The Witcher to play a real RPG game again -=)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  14. Midknight

I finished it....

The final boss JUST STANDS THERE?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THAT? BLAMN!!! Dead. You win.

Gayest shit EVER. Worst ending I've seen in a long time. Made the game feel like even more of a waste of time.

To add new shit before I redo the post into one big rant.

-10-13 enemy types, not counting the shadows, which are just black normal enemies. Even the bosses are just half assed normal enemies. GAY. Nearly all of them are 2 hit wonders. Except...

-Damage. I could shoot the 177 damage shotgun into the chest point blank range at a bandit, he'd slow mo die. Good. Next bandit, 3 shots. same type. Wtf. Or I'd knock him down and then I'd have to struggle to target the bastard on the ground to kill him.

-Difficulty. Fail. Never came close to dieing. I handed my son who's sick as shit right now the controller in the Crucible level, gave him a Rusty sword and shitty rifle, and he still beat the damned thing without dying. I did have a fucked up time in the Spire thanks to Garth glitching and not fighting at all once he got his Will back.

-4 or 5 villager types. FAIL.

-I think I switched weapons three times in the entire game per weapon type. Nearly every weapon is useless, all Legendaries are save for the Shotgun one, and the Daichi. All the rest suck dick, and swallow. Collect 50 gargoyles for a awesome prize!. No sorry, just a decent crossbow.

-Why so many gays in the game? I'm sure in the dark ages not every 3rd person was queer. Even the Thief winds up being a raging homo, and yes, I thought Reaver's Rear Passage was stupid.

-Glitchy. Have to stand in the right place for chests to open, doors to open, buying houses is a bitch some times.

-The dog. Useless. He can find a scrap of paper for the Archeologist quests from the entire map away, but he can't find a silver key at times standing 20 feet from it. Half the time he doesn't activate on buried items until the 10932189732897321th time you pass where it's buried. I seriously passed the same stump at Brightwood Tower at least 6 times when I had to keep reloading from the fucking NPC's getting stuck, and on the 2nd and 5th times he found the ruby.

And he's supposed to attack? Attack what? He gnaws on them if they are on the ground, sometimes. I've never seen him finish anything but Hollow Men. And the collars. "For a Will dog, for a Skill dog" Huh? I tried them all didn't see a difference, he still sucked.

-Digging/diving. I found one silver key each from these. The rest was total shit. Not just shit, bright green, loose, gooey stool. If I find a dig spot in one of the last dungeons it shouldn't have me dig up a fucking 200 health potion. Or a shitty book. Or a rancid apple pie.

-Loot. WTF! Even when I owned nearly all the land, the game thinks rewarding me 300 gold in a chest in the ending levels is good. Or the quests, I can get more renown standing in a bar and bringing in followers.

-Henchmen. Did I miss something? Online only or something? I'd read reviews about how awesome Hammer was... and then she did fuck all. Couldn't take her anywhere I might of actually wanted to take her, and when she was with me, she got stuck. Garth got stuck so many times in that scene where you're going to activate the telepad I nearly snapped the fucking disc in half.

-Maps. It's a RPG on rails! Molyneux went off as usual about the game, how expansive it was, and you wind up stuck on roads you can barely get off, being funnelled through leafy bullshit.

-Magic. The spells suck. I used shock the first few levels, then fire the rest. At least in Fable 1 the other spells had use, time control was a big deal in Fable 1. Damage is bullshit. It says it'll do XXXXX damage, but it doesnt. A 177 shotgun blast to the chest will kill a target, yet Inferno, fully charged is supposed to do 1920 damage, wont. With 5 guys inside the circle, max charge, it'll kill some, knock others down.

-Marriage. Waste of time. I got married, knocked a chick up, left for years to the Spire, came back and still there in love. I go away after sexing her, making her and the kid happy, having set their upkeep at 20,000 despite them only wanting 25 a day. After 3 hours away I go back and the bitch is leaving me. Screen showed Happy, Happy, Very Happy, and nothing in the bottom. That's as annoying as the bitches early on in the game leaving me because the game wouldn't let me use a bed.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  15. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    I married a chick knocked her up, left her in some shitty hovel in the Caravan, This was early on in the game, Then married like twelve other chicks and had a massive orgy of like every chick in bowerstone. Got boring after the first time. I guess if I was the same age as when I played the original Fable it would be entertaining but meh.

Weapons suck, and cost too much for shitty weapons. The socket system sucks balls. Ranged weapons are the utmost fail in this, they miss like a gang banger trying to shoot a person during a drive-by with their 9mms turned to the side.

16. Midknight

The augments, I read folks talking about them, and the game talks like they're everywhere. I ended the game with I think 4 in my stockpile that I found, and the 1 vendor I found that sold them in Bowerstone had the same three shitty ones the entire game.

Speaking of vendors, I couldn't find a stylist or tatooist fucking until the very end of the game, post spire. It's not supposed to be like that, but they never showed at their stands.

As for ranged weapons, I had no trouble, maxed out skill, I'd merely push the stick in the direction I thought folks were in and hit Y. No aiming required and I'd rack up the kills, I thought it was uber stupid simple. Now the fucking subtargeting, that shit is BROKE. The game would always kick me out of it, sometime not register anything but headshots even if I was shooting the arms, and most times just flat didn't work. It'd stop me, kick me out of zoom mode and I'd just stand there.

-Something else...near the ending. What the fuck was the bit with the music box, or the useless dream sequence? That made no fucking sense at all. Killed the momenteum.

-And "Oh hi thx for saving the world, gtfo of my Spire." Theresa wtf. Oh yeah, I forgot it's Lionhead. Wait a year, they'll sell you a 30$ expansion explaining that. Total bullshit.

-Magic at high levels is impossible to aim at distance, it makes a cloud that you can't see worth a shit in.

-Evil/Good status. I went full good/pure with Halo, to full Evil/Pure and fuck all happened. The avatar in the menu showed I had red eyes, but it didn't transfer to the playable character at all.

I did the clock switch trick with the rental properties, and logged back into some nice looking horns at full evil/corrupt, and that's it. No burning the ground when I walk, no smoke, no insects, no nothing else? Folks running from me is it?

And for that matter, a Halo is all I get if I'm a good person? Really?

Ah, and the stealing system. Screw you very much. If I'm in the top floor of a house no one is in, in the middle of the night, and I steal with the icon saying no one is watching, why the fuck am I seeing the expression icon for apologize pop up, and if I use it, turns out no less then 5 people know I was stealing.

And, Lucien's a badass why? All he did was some teleportation shit and the sleep trick. You never saw him do anything to really make him a threat. Garth by comparision looks like more of a threat many times over. The Commandant style enemies seem more of a threat. And all they had Lucien do was what? Weak.

17. Daven

Daven First Year

Have to agree with pretty much everything Midknight said.

My personal glitch experience was with the Westcliffe Shooting Range, it takes a level two accuracy to even be able to compete. I, alas, did not know this the first time I tried.. So I received the message "Need level two accuracy to participate in Westcliffe Shooting Range."

It never went away. Even when I finally got the Red dragon. The entire game with that message on the top part of my screen.

Also.. why is bartending the last Job you get to unlock? I saved the entire world to pour drinks!?

18. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright I was fairly let down as well by Fable 2 but nowhere near the level that you were Midknight. Maybe you just got a bad copy or maybe I have a great 360 but I didnt have one glitch, ever, at all. My dog was there at all times and actually did some damage however minimal it might have been. With the good/evil appearance, Im curious as to what you actually did because when I went full Evil my skin was grey and I had two huge fucking horns growing out of my skull.

My last issue with your personal appearance was the tattoo system. The original system was better than this in every way, it took me ten minutes just to spot one of the damn things and even then I could never figure out what the fuck they were supposed to be. I liked the original system of what was on the card showed up on you.

Next the magic system, this was where a very large percentage of my dissapointment came from. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking but this system was just awful, I mean it was just fucking awful. I greatly prefered the original system in Fable one. It took far too much time to charge anything hell it took to long just to select the spells. However one poistive thing I will say is that with area of effect option there was painfully little I couldnt fuck up. Use the max time stop and then use any max attack spell, you win, end of story.

The loot was pretty shitty, in most cases but I was never really interested in getting any of it outside of the legendary weapons. However I didnt see any of the damage problems you were talking about, I stuck with Masterwork or legendary weapons and there were maybe three guys I couldnt kill in one shot. My personal favorite sword was the lightning katana you got from Brightwood tower, I never grabbed any of the legendary guns but I used a masterwork turret rifle with full skill points and I owned bitches with it easy.

Onto the next problem, the clothing. What the fuck? What happened to all the armor? I like wearing armor, I get time advanced but it advanced so much that they did away with armor? This annoyed the shit out of me I wanted my armor back.

The dream sequence with the music box, I didnt like it but I could see the purpose, the entire time I was expecting everything to burst into flames with zombies and shit, I was kind of dissapoointed by it but as I said I understood the purpose of it.

Lastly we come to where I was the most let down by the entire game, the final boss, jesus fuck that was just pathetic, I was expecting something good hell any kind of fight at all not just what was essentially a cutscene that your participation in was optional. I didnt know this at first but if you dont move Reaver shoots him for you. What the hell is that shit? All this talk about a final confrontation and you being the only one who could stop him and Reaver caps him if you take too long? They need to do a lost chapters version two on this fast because that was just fucking weak.

Eh I guess what it comes down to me, in Fable 2 they fixed the flaws in Fable 1 but they also fixed the highlights. Fable 2 was fun for me and very entertaining but it also just wasnt anything special.

19. Midknight

Dunno man, I've talked to several work friends who've played and had it even worse, lol. I didn't hook mine to LIVE at all, I rarely do since I don't have a GOLD membership, so I suppose if there were a patches out, that might be it. I know there's one, but I was using the house renting bug for money, so I didn't bother to fix it.

The appearance thing with the horns is full evil/corrupt, not just full evil. Evil/anything close to pure = no horns I think, I've already started purging the game from my mind, lol. Youtube I think had good examples.

Yeah, very fail. When I finally did find one, it was was the same as you say, worthless. But HEY, at least they fixed it from the original Fable, where you couldn't go fully good/evil just from your tattoo/clothes.

Except, for me, if you were fighting anything with a blunderbuss, or those hobbe walker things. Balverine's wouldn't interrupt me, but those guns or hobbes would interrupt me and fuck up spell casting for a few seconds, despite the game saying your couldn't be interrupted.

Oh come on, clearly it advanced so much that the swords and werewolves couldn't get through the kevlar hot pants, lol.

What in the hell was the purpose of it cause I didn't get it. You get shot in the head and killed... yet you've been surviving WAY worse the whole game, and you go to a dreamland where you kick chickens and shoot 20 bottles, then "You passed the test" and you wake up and the game ends 3 minutes later. The music box itself was supposed to grant a wish... yet... that's what the Spire did as well right? So wth?

WHAT? That's... ug that's even worse. YOU ARE THE ONE!!! ... ... the one take too long, Reaver FINISH HIM!

And I didn't think about the cutscenes, there's what, 2 or 3 FMV cutscenes? The ship to the spire, and what? Him getting shot, which I think was in game scenes right? Or maybe the Spire going off the first time?

But hey don't worry, Lionhead will put out something to expand on it other then that godawful Knothole Island.

And something else I didn't think about. Two of the three choices keeps the dog dead. It breaks the entire dig mechanic of the game, which you have to have to get several of the silver keys. If you choose wrong, you can't fully complete the game, and you can't get the achievement points. When folks complained, Lionhead told them to pay the money for the Knothole Island addon to be able to finish the game. Gay. Ah, and if you want ALL the achieve's, you have to buy the Pub Games as well to unlock the backflip expression for the dog.

20. Evran

Evran Dark Lord Grimwulf DLP Supporter

game did suck majorly, traded it in for Oblivion.