1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Magus, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

This. First time the super-mutants showed up, I'd just crossed the river from the Super-Duper Mart to get to Galaxy, and they came and raped me. It was still awesome.

Oddly enough, I find myself somewhat disappointed by the Bloody Mess perk. In the old games it was always hilarious, but in this it just seems somewhat gratuitous. I think I preferred VATS combat before I picked it up.

Oh well, guess thats what my second playthrough with an evil chick will be for eh? Who here is already playing evil?

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

So far.

I'm fucking impressed. Seriously impressed. Granted I'm not far in at all, just got to Megaton after running around for awhile, but the Enclave Radio station, the graphics, and the general feel of the Wasteland impresses the hell out of me. Now... they just have to not fuck it up.

I AM really hating the map system at the moment, confusing.

Edit: Oh also, I have this piss ass annoying deal where the game only will start like half the time. Other times it black screens and freezes. VERY annoying.

3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Yeah, but a good PC will run better than an xbox any day, and PS3s are just better, period.

I'm hoping Game still do that "trade in 3 PS3 games and get a new one free" thing. Blacksite, Conflict: Denied Ops and Blazing Angels all blow major ballls. -__-"

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I adore the avatar Magus. There's something quirky about the game that just does it. The facetious kid with the thumb's up, the music...

Has anyone not wiped Megaton off the map? It's inspiring in some way, how casually Fallout 3 completely shames everything GTA4 offered in one casual stroke.

5. Midknight

I didnt. I killed Burke and took his silenced pistol. Love it.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

So far; in a few words; Fucking Awesome.
    Am I the only one who freaked out when the fire ants.. breathed fire?

7. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Shit guys, I'm dying all the time ;_;
    I'm level 3 and everytime I get in to megaton I get pwnd, If I don't get killed I get stuck and have to restart the game -.-

and I hate that president guy, he is annoying as hell.

8. Midknight

9. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

thos crasy guys, raiders I think they're called, smashing me with bats, sniping me, toasin' me with flamethrowers >_>

10. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

So, this game is worth the money? My brother is desperate for me to get it for him for his birthday. I loved Oblivion, I did the main quest then modded the game til it stopped working.

11. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Gizmore: Did you turn down Burke? If you do he sick's a few Talon Company Mercenaries on you. It's a tough fight, but you should be able to do it eventually, if not you could always turn the difficulty down for that encounter.

Andromalius: Yep, the music in the Fallout series has always been great, Fallout 1 had me the moment the Inkspots started playing on that radio.

I didn't, and I really regret it now. The place is just so goddamned ugly, the traders in the town are useless and my house is not in the most convenient of locations. Still, on the plus side, at least I can carry on working on Moira's epic quest.

What's Tenpenny Towers like? I'm willing to bet it's more aesthetically appealing then Megaton.

QFT. Just wait until you come across the Lincoln memorial.

Jon: I freaked when I found Grayholm, realised I only had shotgun ammo left and that all the ants were flamethrowers. I managed to kill the one's in the town and went back to the caves once I found a Chinese Assault Rifle.

Lady Sorrows: More than worth it. The modding potential is immense.

Has anyone come across the runaway android quest yet?

12. Midknight

Aw. I turned him down and turned him into the Sherrif. They killed each other, I got a nice silenced pistol and suit, lol.

13. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

I got this one the day it came out, and I have to say it really impressed me. I loved the original Fallouts, and I can safely day that Bethseda captured the Fallout 'feel' successfully. I just beat the main quest yesterday, and it took me a long while as I actually played through it, didn't speed-run. The game is far more enjoyable if you really take the time to check out everything. I can soend hours roaming the Wastes looking for new shit. (Explorer perk is lame and for fags who don't explore themselves.) I wish they had left traits in, but I'm cool with how it operates. VATS is an excellent system, and I find that attempting to play the game like an FPS just gets you killed. It's an awesome ride so far.

I'm also part of the "saved Megaton" club. Playing a good karma game, and I have to say Megaton is probably one of my favorite towns, next to Underworld and Oasis. :awesome

And Magus, Tenpenny Tower is some fail. All the residents are pretentious pricks high on the smell of their own piss. Megaton has a LOT more character.

Now if only Knox could get some perception so he stops getting raped by Radscorpions.

14. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

You guys are saying the console version is better (I'v heard this from a few sources and reviews of the game, people are really complaining how shitty the PC version is)...?

But isn't F3 mod-friendly like Oblivion? Mods will make the game last twice as long on the PC, no matter how buggy or shitty the PC version is, without mods, I wouldn't have played Oblivion for more than a week.

15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I've been searching for a flower print dress, to no avail. When I get then, then I'll really go on a rampage.

I like the Tenpenny Tower itself - as is usual with the game, it looks awesome, the best one could expect from a massive tower corralled in with a wall stuck in the Waste, but have to agree with Mindless.

16. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Try the Icewind Dale series or Never Winter Nights :D both have fantastic story lines and tons of game play.

17. Midknight

Yep. PC will always be better for the mod ability alone.

18. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

@Magus you can destroy Megaton any time you want you know, just go up to the bomb with a high enough explosions level.

19. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

If you want to know the best versions to get.

PC - moding capabilities and exclusive GFWL content.
    360 - exclusive XBL content
    PS3 - nothing exclusive to it.

20. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    My Xbox copy is glitchy as all hell. Quests not updating, Shit walking through walls, Getting stuck in the a wide open and unable to move as Raiders swoop down on me from all sides >_>

/me goes to save up his money so he can buy a good computer.