1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Magus, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Chime: What Dark Belra said basically, but whoever's telling you that the PC version is the worst is speaking out of their arse. In fact, by sheer co-incidence, IGN just made their Video Head-to-Head comparison of the different versions available to everyone in which the PC version comes out top. Also, quicksaves. 'Nuff said really.

Jojo23: Thanks for letting me know, but at this stage in the game presumably I'd have nothing to gain from blowing it up, I'd lose my house and I wouldn't get a new one in Tenpenny... Right?
    Thats effing awesome, I ran off to the Super-Duper Mart at which point the Mercs attacked me and by the time I got back, Burke had scarpered. Still, doesn't mean I can't track him down in Tenpenny, right?

Oh, get sufficiently high Karma and you'll be meeting the boys from Talon quite regularly, I've taken care of about 5 hit-squads that tried to ambush me so far. Guess it goes to show that do-gooders only get contracts on their heads as a reward! At least the Mercs give great XP once you've killed them.

2. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I play it on the 360 and I've yet to see major bugs glitches like those you describe.

I don't know if it's me, though, but I get my ass raped everywhere I go. it's shameful, really. I'm almost afraid to go through the wasteland to explore because I get my ass handed to me every time, let it be by the raiders, the Enclave, the Supermutants, robots or flame-throwing giant ants. This game has no mercy.

Don't get me wrong, I love it so far, but sometimes it gets frustrating, specially when the weapons stats wear down so fast and there's so little ammo for them.

Anyway, what I wanted to ask; where exactly in the map is Tenpenny Tower? I declined Burke's proposal but I'd like to go there and see it regardless, the thing is I've been unable to find it.

By the way, did any of you you visit
    The other vaults

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's just you. Hunting rifle, VATS headshots. I'm actually finding the game boring as hell the more I play it. Shooting stuff outside of VATS with how shitty the hitboxes are rather sucks.

It needs more stuff. It's just like Oblivion, giant gaping holes of nothing inbetween small gaps of cool stuff. Oblivion got by this years later by all the miles of wasted space used for cool fan content. But fans shouldnt make your fucking game.

And the run speed is driving me nuts.

4. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

VATS + Hunting Rifle may be useful when you encounter Raiders, Ghouls and Supermutants, but against Robots or Deathclaws, and even Enclave Armored troops, is as useful as a screen-door on a submarine.

I agree on the shitty hitboxes and the running speed, though.

5. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Sorry, no. I use the Hunting Rifle exclusively, and killing Enclave Troopers is as easy as two shots. Deathclaws can be problematic, but that's what positioning, cover, mines, sneak attacks, and movement is for. Bots actually go down the easiest, unless you mean sentries with laser rifles and ROCKET LAUNCHERS. At that point, you pull out the Fatman you were saving for that special day.

6. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Lol, you guys, I didn't get that far, as soon as I get in to the town I get killed. :D

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

-cackles.- Oh man awesome Fearfactory ftw. I love it when I pick up references, don't you guys? Song is Archetype.

[​IMG]

8. Midknight

What the hell was so hard about Vault 106? Everyone was saying how creepy it was, and I was bored as shit. Getting out was easy, yet everyone on the forums claimed the exit moved on you on the map, rooms got changed around etc.

I had the hallucinations of Atama (sp?) and a room in the science wing but that was it. I was more jumpy in the Sewers with the ghouls running around corners.

9. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Oh lol, my brother hates me. I got the game for his birthday, but ended up loading it onto my computer and playing the fuck out of it. But I wont give him the disk or let him play it until his birthday at the end of the month, it is driving him insane. :awesome

Awesome game, more fun than Oblivion, although I am currently ignoring the main quest and exploring.

10. Midknight

I'll call it an awesome game once it's modded to add more crap in the Wastes, and more monsters, and FIX THE DAMNED RUN SPEED!

11. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

I'd like to get a car, bike, horse or something >_>
    Runnin' ain't good for ya'

12. The Sour Kraut

The Sour Kraut Seventh Year

I've watched some of the Let's play videos on youtube and it looks awesome. I think I will wait for the first big mods to appear, though.

Anyone know if there are add-ons planned?

13. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

For the PC, there's already mods coming out that increase running speed and make the XP system a bit better. Check Better Pacing.

There are also a few more other mods there. Good thing about being "Oblivion with Guns" is that Oblivion had thousands of mods out for it. You can expect the same for Fallout 3.

14. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Seriously, your evil and twisted inside. How fucked-up is it to buy someone a present and then start using it before you give it to him? Especially something as amazing and highly anticipated as Fallout, I mean, I heard people talking about how they had "Fallout boners" in the week before its launch.

Lady Sorrows is cruel. :(

There will be some awesome mods, but right now I just want something that raises the level cap to say 40, rather then making it harder to get to 20. There are still enough Perks and skills to make getting to 40 a fun experience imo. Then again, once people start modding in new perks... :awesome

15. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

I don't think it's shitty hit boxes. Your stats still affect your accuracy when you're not using VATS, or the designers are just covering up bad programming.

16. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

*poke poke*

Raises the level cap, to say, 40. [Or 30, if you so choose].

Also, if you want to movement speed increaser without the slower leveling, well... You can have that too.

I love mods <3

17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Okay man, Fuck, just fuck.

I went to Vault 106

Hallucinations of Butch and his fucking gang attacked me, and then there was this invisible science bitch. I was completely freaked the fuck out. Haven't seen Amata yet however.

18. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

He is not complaining, in fact he is being very very nice to me, I think he is scared that I will wait and give it to him at Christmas, since it is a present for both.

I'm not too mean, he can watch me play it. For five minutes at a time. If he gets me a cup of tea.:awesome

19. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    We British have our priorities alright.

I might well get this tomorrow, I've been looking longingly at it for a while but I'm not sure I will be able to get into a shop to buy it.

So does anyone have any experiance with Direct2Drive?

Is it reliable? Quick? Is there an option for multiple computer downloads?

20. Midknight

Project V13 is the codename of an unannounced massively multiplayer online game being developed at Interplay by Jason Anderson and Chris Taylor, two of the creators of Fallout.
    While not officially announced as such yet, it is believed to be Fallout Online, nicknamed FOOL by the fans, an MMORPG set in the Fallout world, since Interplay licensed the rights to such a game after selling the rights to Fallout to Bethesda and since the makers of the original Fallout are involved.

Duuuuuddeee..... That would be fucking AWESOME.