1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Magus, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Small guns small guns small guns, with a few pulse grenades for those fucking Sentrybots.

I got all the perks for 2hand sniper, better criticals, more damage, etc. etc. etc. so I could snipe the fuck out of people in VATS before they could destroy me (what with my ridiculously low HP).

Great fun was had.

Oasis is probably one of the most personal choices in the game. Kill him? Feed him? Restrict him? Those of us who remember the character from Fallout 2 are especially torn...

And the rewards are rather good no matter what you choose.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Everyone post a picture of your character. xD

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Small guns, medical, repair or lockpick I think. Combat shotgun up close, .44 scoped for human headshots, hunting rifle or sniper rifle for longer shots. Chinese AK I found to suck and have a huge cone of fire.

Got a minigun, a rock it launcher, a missile launcher, a fatman, buncha misc stuff to throw if I get cornered.

4. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

I've gotten all the non-karma related achievements with my good character, and am now starting an unarmed playthrough. The idea is to get the Deathclaw Guantlet early on, and then hopefully I can rip through practically anything. The problem is setting my SPECIAL. I'm betting on high strength, endurance, and intelligence. Char and Per are my dump stats, since I need luck for crits. ANy suggestions?

5. Jon

6. Twisted

Twisted Guest

I started a melee playthrough, going to be super evil and get me the gunflame sword and go on from there.

Being evil is a bit... evil...

Moral choices don't agree with me :D

7. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

We've pretty much mastered the powergamer SPECIAL on IRC. Charisma to 1, Intelligence to 9 (and get the Intelligence bobblehead in Rivet City ASAP), strength no higher than 6 even for melee characters (+1 bobblehead in Megaton, +1 for the Those! quest reward, +2 from power armour), luck no higher than eight. High agility plus high luck plus VATS accuracy and crits perks plus the reward for the Android quest - which you can finagle even if you side with the Android - and you become damn near unstoppable. Especially once you hit 20 and get Reaper's Sprint.

As for what Perks to take, all the plus whatever to skill points perks are absolutely verboten. Level four is ALWAYS Educated, and stock up skill books until you get Comprehension. There's twenty skill books for each skill out there, and throw in the bobblehead bonuses, and you only have to buy up to level 70 to max everything out. With Educated at level 4 and max intelligence before 3, you're looking at having 406 skill points to play with, on top of whatever you start with.

8. Cypher3au

Cypher3au First Year

What unique weapons have people found? I've personally gotten my grubby hands on The Kneecapper (sawn-off shotty) and Biwwy's Wazer Wifle (lazer rifle), plus the combat armor from saving Reiley's crew and the BEST headpiece in the game, the icehockey gangleader's mask; the plus 25 action points it gives you is equal to a free Action Boy perk! Whoo!

9. Twisted

Twisted Guest

I got the wazer wifle, the alien blaster, the advanced rifle from the android (I think it was), the flamesword (which is SICK AS) and I never made/found any others. I never even fired a fat man in my first runthrough, but I did see a Talon Merc with one, though he killed himself and his mates with it when I dodged behind cover and he retardfired into a wall

10. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Lesse, I got The Terrible Shotgun last night, which is about the most fucking amazing small gun in the game. Picked up the Victory Rifle, Ol' Harmless, Xuanlong Rifle and the Miss Launcher. I know where a bunch of the others are, but either don't feel like killing the good aligned people to get them (Eugene Minigun, Blackhawk 44) or am just far to lazy to go pick up a worthless item (Board of Education).

Got the T51 and Prototype Medical Armors too.

I know where the fucking MIRV is, I just can't find the fucking access code.

Oh, and we can't forget Highwater Trousers. ;D That thing is fucking awesome.

11. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You don't have to kill anyone for the Blackhawk, you can get it easily for free as a quest reward from the quest Agatha's Song along with a semi decent new radio station to listen to besides that crackhead Three-Dog. Also I could be wrong but I believe you can get the Eugene minigun for free as well if you do the Reilys Rangers quest. You really should get the Blackhawk though, it is the best pistol I have ever seen in the game and the scope just makes it so much better.

12. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

I got another reward from both quest lines. If I want them now I have to go back and kill people.

13. Krogan

High Score:
    Whats the other reward from Agatha's song, I found some sheet music and got the Blackhawk as an extra reward after I finished the quest.

14. Jon

The BlackHawk is my weapon of choice, I used it in the video to take down the Behemoth. ^_^

15. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Use enough bullets there Jon?

I've gotten the Shocker, Fisto!, the MIRV, the Victory and Reservist rifles, the Xuanlong, the Burninator, prototype Med Power Armor, T-51b, and Lincoln's Repeater. Probably a couple more in my gun cabinet somewhere. I'm a collector of named items and usually make it a personal mission to go get them ASAP in case you couldn't tell.

Also, listen to Tehan. We've laid out the best SPECIAL set and perks. I also recommend taking your combat skill of choice and lockpick and science as tag skills. Don't worry about low charisma, as your speech skill will be huge in no time.

16. Krogan

High Score:
    What's Lincoln's Repeater and where do I find it?

Edit: Nevermind I just found it, very nice rifle.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  17. Jon

:'(

Dogmeat...

Dogmeat came in with me at the end, i'm so confused. :'( Why didn't he just stay outside like Fawkes? Why dammit why?! :((((

18. Twisted

Twisted Guest

How do you access the T51B? And what is the medical prototype armour? I know WHERE the T51 armour is but couldn't access it D:

Oh and I found the Victory rifle on a dead talon merc, its kickass. As well as the scoped blackhawk... mmm...

19. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Prototype is below Old Olney, T51B is inside the fort involved with the keys and the "You Gotta Shoot Em In The Head" quest.

How does one get the access codes for the MIRV?

20. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

So I just got the game working. Played it for a few hours... went to super-duper mart, then I said... fuck doing quests and I went out exploring.

Got killed a few times, found vault 106 and went all the way to the
    scientist boss guy?
    . Still have no idea what the fuck just happened (well, I read the computer terminals and have an idea...). I just hope I don't have to go back there to complete a quest... pretty boring place (I was pretty dissapointed, I was expecting some gruesome thing at the end), unfortunately.

I'm still happy about the game though. It's not exactly Fallout 2, but I still like it.

On this play through, I'm going true neutral, small guns, science, and medic skills (with a little in lock picking and repair). I have 8 int, 7 charisma, and 6 agility at the moment... I usually just put points in int/cha for most WRPGs, since I like having dialogue options.