1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

FanFiction Cliches - Do not delete

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Aug 13, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Not so much about fics as much as the people that write them, but...canon whores. People who switch to being Harry/Ginny supporters simply because it was the ship sailed in the latest helping of slop that Rowling spooned up. Many good former Harry/Cho writers have jumped ship because of Half-Baked Plot, which annoys and embitters me to no end.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Its because if they could, they'd suck JKR's cock. Yes, she has a cock.

3. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

They aren't the only ones...

What? :?

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

lol.

Only because that paticular ship didnt happen in cannon doesnt mean that you should switch. I mean, half of the ships had NO FUCKING CHANCE at becoming real like Harry/Bella. Only because now its an actual fact doesnt mean everything should jump ship.

5. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I'll be a Harry/Pansy shipper first and foremost until I dies. But still... if they liked H/G at all beforehand they might not feel as strongly. Indeed, I'd probably hate H/G less if he had shown even a tiny amount of interest in her before suddenly becoming jealous.After OotP though, it seemed like there was nothing there on either end really, so it pisses me off that suddenly there is. And the whole 'shes my best friends little sister' conflict he was having in his mind... as if any guy ever would care...in fact, that would probably make it all the hotter, sneaking around behind your best friends back, shagging his 'innocent' little sister... too bad the book was written by a female and they don't get it.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Its all love potion anyway. Its all pointing to that even if JKR didnt want it to.

Everything fits. From Ginny's interest in the Twins stock to the sudden jealousy that came outta no where and the 'beast' inside his chest. He just suddenly loves her but hes never loved a person in his life before. He had a crush on Cho but it wasnt love. Evil!

Anyway, I go out with my best mates younger sister. She is only one year younger, same as Ginny is to them so whats the fucking big deal.

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Same I've snuck around with friend's sister/cousins before, and it adds alot to it when you gotta do it on the d/l and not be caught. You never have to worry about the breakup, because theres never any intention of a real relationship with them when I ws doing it!

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

But my mate knows. Actually, he was the one that told me that she liked me, lol.

9. Gawl

Gawl First Year

The House that poor anger management built
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I'm getting tried of seeing a Harry thats powerful enough to shoot lightning bolts from his ass but if some students attack him because they believe he has gone "dark" Harry just goes: "If I retaliate I'd just be proving them right."

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

*snorts* .. yeah .. that pisses me off as well.. if some one attacked me on a false accusation... id beat the ever loving shit out of them... thne correct them... by placing an additional foot up the ass...

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i never understood why somefic have the blacks and other pureblood familys wealth or what every harry gets throught the will have them investing in muggle compenies

12. Midknight

Aye I agree. The purebloods that get along with muggles I understand, like in Grey Knight and White Queen. Evil as hell families for generations owning godamned muggle hotels is indeed a retarded step.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The Potters might have muggle shares.... the Blacks would rather have a family orgy than have anything to do with muggle's.

14. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Bah of course the Black's own muggle companies there is no better way to harm muggles than by strengthening their economy and Voldemort is probably supporting the whole welfare system.

15. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

logically it would make sense for families, even if they dispised muggles, to own companies.. i mean the magical economy is too small to support itself

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

They wouldnt do that no matter what Vash, just look at the inbreeding. Same thing in some ways but different.

17. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

yeah, but most are faking.

Nevertheless, they DO NOT invest in muggle corporations. Do you think they would KNOW HOW to function in muggle society. Look at the Weasley's. Arthur does not know how to use the postage system. AND these people are OPEN-MINDED?!

Its a combination of not having interest in Muggle business, and not having the capability to function in the world of muggle business. Not of how much money they would make ( i mean imagine being able to sell ANYTHING at the price they could using magic. They could make a killing transfiguring things into lumber and selling wood, or making soap (just saw fight club...sorry) :D

18. Midknight

I agree very much with Charlie, Arthur shows a great deal more interest in the muggle world then 90%+ of the wizards, and he's still not got a damned clue.

And the whole idea of a poor family bugs the snot out of me anyway... couldn't the Weasleys just conjure things they needed? Repairo holes in clothes? JKR makes them out to be like retarded West Virginian inbreds living in a large outhouse.

19. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

If you have magic, you should be wearing AT LEAST the finest muggle garments. ENough of this Lupin and his "Shabby robes" bullshit.

20. Midknight

I touch on that a lil bit in my story, but I want to see someone write one where Lupin just goes fucking insane and starts on a killing spree to make himself rich. Mug someone, transfigure a fake diamond into a real one, something, jesus.

Not open for further replies.