1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

FanFiction.Net Autopager v1.2.6

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Kravot

Kravot Fourth Year

Uh, hey.
    Wanted to report a bug I keep coming across. Sometimes the same chapter is loaded twice. Lets say I'm reading chapter 7, and when I get to the end of the chapter, the autopager loads chapter 7.

And I'd like to thank you for helping me waste my time with this awesome autopager.

edit:
    I'm using Chrome, if it helps.

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Are you definitely using the latest version?

Go into Chrome's Extensions page and it should be listed as "FFN Autopager Cross-Browser - Version: 1.2.6"

I'm not experiencing that bug. I'm using Chrome 12 on Windows 7 64-bit.

3. Kravot

Kravot Fourth Year

I'm using Chrome 12 and the latest Autopager version on Windows xp 32-bit sp3.

4. yak

Is the problem repeatable? That is to say, if you go back to a fic where you previously had a doubled-chapter, will the same chapter always double-up again?

If so, the fic and chapter number might help Raven work it out. If you can find a few of them, then even better.

5. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

6. Kravot

Kravot Fourth Year

Nope, it seems to be different every time. Chapters that double loaded will load normaly at others times. Or the oposite - chapters that loaded normal before will load twice at another time.

No, It didn't happen to me in that fic. It doesn't seem to be a centralized bug (It isn't restricted to certain fics or certain chapters, it seems to happen quite randomly).

7. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

I've hit upon this bug as well. And then I'll scroll down to the bottom in an attempt to get to the next chapter, and the chapter pulldown bar will change, and that's it. Nothing new is added to the page. And I'll have to refresh the page to get it working again.

8. yak

I've come across this bug for the first time. It is somewhat repeatable. I'm able to replicate the bug about half of the time.

Chrome 12.0.742.100
    Windows 7 64-bit

1. Go to Remus Lupin PI, chapter 1.

2. Change the text column width to half-size. [Not sure if required]

3. Press 'END', the 2nd chapter will load. Repeat, the 3rd chapter loads.

4. Press 'END' once more, to get to the bottom of 3rd chapter. The last line is "A popular type of cake in Britain with a marzipan frosting and internal designs."

This is where I had three different results.

1. The 4th chapter does not appear. Instead, the 3rd chapter appears in its place. Now the browser window shows Ch 1, Ch 2, Ch 3, Ch 3. If you scroll to the end of the last Ch 3, Autopager doesn't seem to do anything.

2. When the Ch 3 loaded in Step 3, it actually loaded two copies of Chapter 3 instead of just the one. This happened many times to me, but only after I'd experienced a Type 1 result. I suspect that Chrome just cached the doubled up Ch 3 from a Type 1 result and would sometimes [not always!] reproduce it for me whole.

When I pressed 'END' to get to the bottom of the doubled-up Ch 3, the drop down chapter selector and the URL would change to Ch 4, but Ch 4 would not appear.

I pressed 'PGUP' and 'PGDN' to trigger the Autopager again, and the chapter selector and URL changed to Ch 5 with no change in the text. I repeated this on multiple occasions up to about Ch 13.

The Autopager seems to be loading the indicated chapters [there is a delay as Autopager waits for the next chapter to load], but never displays them.

3. There was no evidence of the bug and Ch 3, 4, 5, etc. load perfectly normally.

I'm not sure why this bug appears sometimes and not others. I repeated this process in Chrome normal, and then in Chrome Incognito with the same three results. The only Chrome Extension loaded in Icognito mode was the Autopager.

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Despite my best efforts, I can't get this to repro. :( I'll keep an eye out for it.

10. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I see this. And I would prefer dead people. Hope to see this solved soon.

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

When something like that happens, view source and pastebin it for me.

Extra points if you can get me the current DOM tree with Firebug.

12. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In theory i sent you the source. If not feel free to protest.:nyan:

13. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Bug report:

In Firefox 6, the script no longer autopages in the first chapter. I have to click to the second chapter to begin the autopaging function. I've been able to reproduce this in every story I've read, but not cross-browser (because I'm not an Opera/Chrome hippie).

I also occasionally run into the bug described by Danisama, but that's actually pretty rare now.

14. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I also got the same error in Firefox 6. Also can anything be done about the stupid Share button.

15. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

16. kevo125

kevo125 Second Year

Just wanted to say the Autopager doesn't work at all anymore. I opened the first 10 or so stories on the DLP C2 that had at least 2 chapters to test and it didnt do anything. This is on Firefox 9.

Sorry about the necro-post but since this is stickied, I didnt think you guys would mind.

17. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I think thats a Firefox issue. I'm using the latest Alpha of Opera and it works fine for me. Try reinstalling it. or downgrading your firefox. (Or getting Opera :p)

18. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    damn, if there's that much demand for it, there's got to be lots of good stories I missed....time to troll through the library and find some. Specially since I'm stuck on my ass for at least a couple more days. Nurgle sent me a gift. Bastard.

19. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Using Firefox 9.01 and Greasemonkey 0.9.13
    Everything seems to work well, I've had no real problems to date, only thing is when recovering your tabs you need to refresh a second time for it to start auto-paging.

20. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mine works half the time, and I don't know why. Sometimes I just keep scrolling and realize it's working, and sometimes I have to do it manually. Firefox 10 and Scriptish.