1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfictions most terrible spells

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Seratin, Dec 13, 2007.

1. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Ugh, Fanfic writers always go over the top while writing Voldemort's death.

A good old-fashioned reducto will do just as nicely as the Love Beam.

2. Dark Lady Pryor

Dark Lady Pryor Fourth Year

Yes but then how will squealing fangirls get their kicks? There's no silly little fairy-tale romance or obscene fluffiness in a good ol' AK or Reducto now, is there?

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

They'll get them from me. Mercilessly kicking and beating them to death.

True. But there is a higher level of bad-assery to it.:D

4. Dark Lady Pryor

Dark Lady Pryor Fourth Year

Bad Ass way to kill Voldemort - rare

Good pairing story thats believable but doesn't let the romance help Harry kill the Dark Lord - very rare

Beating stupid H/G fangirls to death - timeless

5. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The only way gin-slut will ever be involved in Voldemorts death is if Harry picks her up by her ankles and clubs him to death with her abnormally thick skull.

love beam? That sounds like a cheesy 70's style nightclub, and the loveshield????????protego amor, amortego, protectus amor....or my personal favorite heartus shieldus loveio, are the reasons why i joined DLP.

It was either this or suicide........rolling pin suicide.

6. ididntdoit

ididntdoit Squib

I have personally always been annoyed with the diplexio (enter canon spell here). Now, you can send out two, three, even ten spell for the price of one depending on the suffix of the first word. They also manage to not go out in a straight line were the wand is aiming as is implied for dueling spells. :wall:

7. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

My Favorite take on the 'Love sheild' is in Black Comedy. Ginny tries to conjure one by thinking of her love for harry, Loveous sheildius or some such drivel.... It doesn't work, she falls dead, and then comes back to haunt Harry who had thought she was a creepy stalker chick when she was alive. Now of course he's changed his mind...

Now she's an Creepy Annoying Dead stalker chick who's only purpose is to punish him.... He of course retaliates by sleeping with any and every decent looking girl that he comes across. :D

8. Cypher3au

Cypher3au First Year

I always liked Black mage's Hadoken, from 8-Bit Theater; an immensely powerful beam of energy that is powered by and consumes love, and is usable only once per day.

The global divorce rate increases every time the spell is used.

9. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Wow. I still don't mind H/G that much but nevertheless had to stop reading Fate's Debt at the end of chapter two.

Aekiel, you really are a hardcore H/G shipper if you were able to read it up to the showdown.

10. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I remember one excerpt from a story I subsequently avoided - it went something like Harry turned and looked at Voldemort with eyes of pure love. (Where did his eyes go, if they were replaced by pure love? Was he holding a (weird) weapon named "eyes?" Did he love V purely? Is the opposite of 'pure love' adulterated love? Was he cheating on Voldemort? Did he send "Luv Beams" from his eyes? These questions, and many more, were enough to send me to the back button.)

I suspect the story had Ginny-the-perfect-mate-for-Harry in it...

11. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Can we just agree that any and all love-based spells suck?

12. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

Yes we get the damn idea, my eyes are burning, but yes I think we all agree, Loves spells are stupid, those who use them need some aspirin of the .45 caliber applied directly to their heads.
    If an author, and I use that term ever so lightly must use a spell involving shooting multiple (Insert spell here), they might as well do some thing that isn't as stupid as mentioned above like oh, Septendecim Avis, to conjure seventeen birds, or I know, Septentrīgintā Avada Kedavra, 37 beams of unblockable green death, least thats how I think it should be done.

13. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Wait a minute - I DO enjoy the (few) well-written "love spell" attacks that are actually "sex/orgy/VERY consenting/everyone-into-the-Prefect-bathtub" spells...

14. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

There's an easier way to write smut - chalk it up to teenage hormones.

Mostly I'm just of the opinion that magic should have no "emotion" connected to it. Why should a spell powered by "love" be better than one powered by "hate"?

15. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Accidental magic (magic in its purest form, right?) happens in moments of deep fear or rage. Or maybe during orgasm, but Harry NEVER got that lucky. Generally speaking, happy is better for you than angry. Not that one is less likely to lead to intemperate reactions than the other.

16. Seratin

High Score:
    Because fangirls desperately need love in any way shape or form that they can get it. If hate was stronger than love then that would reinforce their emo-ness. They would see that there is no light at the end of the tunnel, no knight in shining armour waiting in the wings to sweep them of their feet and thats when they realise that they have to grow up and face reality............either that or bury themselves so deep into s.i.y.e that when they forget to look both ways before crossing the road and realise that a bus is two seconds away from rendering them roadkill they throw up their arms and shout AMORTEGO!!!

17. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Adolescence sucks. In every conceivable way.

18. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Accidental magic is really wandless magic. IIRC Riddle had mastered it before he even learned of the Wizarding World. You don't need to be royally pissed off to cast wandlessly.

And anyway, Harry's accidental acts of magic were more targeted towards a specific goal. Harry was running from Dudley - he finds himself out of harm's way. Harry felt sorry for the snake - he released it. Aunt Marge was pissing him off - he blew her up.

The only real difference is he didn't use his wand.

19. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    I once saw someone use spanish to make a love spell that Harry could cast on Ron and Hermione to make them notice that they loved each other or some shit like that.

20. Seratin

High Score:
    Ha, yes thats a much more productive way to use your time than training to defeat a maniacal dark lord bent upon your destruction. Harry sucks in 75% of fanon and thats being generous.