1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v10.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Jun 10, 2016.

1. JokeIsAbsolute

JokeIsAbsolute Disappeared

High Score:
    Hello. This is my humble contribution to this thread...

The Insane Mind of One Firediva0
    By: Firediva0
    This is a book of Drabbles of anything and everything in the HP fandom. Here you'll be enraptured by emotions so pure and so ugly that it will leave a lasting impression on your heart. I don't expect you to read all of them, nor do I want you to. Browse through them and find ones that call to your soul. Full summary inside. Each one will have a specified pairing and target emotion.

Mother Nature
    By: Mrs.Marauders
    Dark magic has cursed Hermione. With time running out, her only option is to have a child that could help save her life. The only way to survive is to conceive a magical child. She strikes a deal with Fred and George, who offer to help. Can the trio learn to separate their feelings long enough to save Hermione? Fred/Hermione/George fic, Rated M for smut.

2. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    Have some more summaries that make you want to gouge out your eyes.

when the angel is broken the devil will rise by Devil 002- Chan

Naruto cheats on hinata she got mad and wants revenge and she will have it after three years she is back to konoha and she is going to make every bodys' hight school life hell! After becoming rich with out the help of the hyuuga clan she do the unexpected a lot of boys having a cruch on her who will win ?

Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 2 - Words: 1,665 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 2 - Updated: Sep 30, 2014 - Published: Sep 26, 2014 - Hinata H.

Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze: The God of the weather by thehero123

On Naruto's seventh birthday he was attack by the villager's but during the attack Naruto awaken all of his bloodlines as well as the knownleage of two powerful Shinobi's his own parents and now he desided that he isn't going to be treated that way by the villager's or anyone else ever again. Gray Naruto/ very Powerful Naruto/ super smart Naruto/ many bloodlines Naruto with a harem

Rated: T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 7 - Words: 32,701 - Reviews: 104 - Favs: 376 - Follows: 436 - Updated: May 5 - Published: Dec 5, 2015 - Naruto U., Kyuubi/Kurama

Now, excuse me while I rinse my skull with bleach.

3. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I don't browse these worst summary threads often so forgive me if this is a repost.

4. Ghosthree3

Ghosthree3 Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Oh, GOD. Why isn't this phase blowing over yet, how much longer. Granted I would never have read anything by that author anyway so it's not like they wasted their time for me, but still.

5. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Funniest part is that, whoever wrote this masterpiece, actually believes himself capable of writing a smart character.

The Misadventures of Emily and Alana by EellyUzamaki324 reviews
    Basically the standard Naruto characters getting turned into cats my style...I'm not good at summaries so you'll just have to read it to find out. this is also my first story ever on here.
    Rated: T - English - Family/Romance - Chapters: 7 - Words: 6,934 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 1 - Updated: 23m ago - Published: Nov 19, 2014 - Gaara, Akatsuki, Team Seven, Team Hawk

The standard...how many of those are out there?

6. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Gods Amongst Men by Slimah reviews
    What happens when Harry's horcrux is removed earlier than Dumbledore intended? Who will be able to establish a new plan to control the wizarding world? Powerful!Harry Some Weasley!Bash Manipulative!Dumbles Harry/Fleur
    Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 38 - Words: 237,855 - Reviews: 1566 - Favs: 3,661 - Follows: 4,729 - Updated: 10h ago - Published: Mar 5 - [Harry P., Fleur D.] Daphne G.

The saddest part about all this is how many positive reviews these fics get. Just pair Harry with Fleur and/or Daphne and bash the shit out of everyone else thenBoom you've got a thousand reviews.

7. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Honestly, that's really not all that bad compared to the shit we normally see here.

8. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What If by DracoTitan reviews
    How would everything change if, instead of large apes, we had evolved from rhinoceros and bisons. Watch as they go through first contact against the Turians. Lo and behold, the power of the Ungulate Union. WARNING: Mention of sex, rape and torture, cursing and death. I do not own Mass Effect, only the concept of this story
    Rated: M - English - Adventure/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 7 - Words: 11,548 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 12 - Updated: Jul 8 - Published: May 29 - Shepard (F)

9. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Festival of Pleasure

BY : sonutolover92
    Category: Naruto AU/AR > General
    Dragon prints: 2260
    Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto it belongs to its respectable owners furthermore i wisk to seek no profit from this story

Summary: This story was inspired to me by a brainstorm genius idea I had in mind. Mind you this story takes place in another realm free of war full of peace.

Additional Tags This story series contains large amounts of Hen some Yaoi a bit of Yuri a bit of HJ and BJ Oral anal some Hingering some Fisting and some use of Toys.

Chaper One Healing the Mind

It was a warm sunny day in the Village Hidden in the Leaves, the sun shined brightly like the golden aura of the Nine Tails vessel a calm cool breeze which eminated from the lush forest surrounding the village cut through the cerulean veil combined with the merry tune the birds were chirping while nestled in their lofty perches gave the village a feeling of cerene peace as the day marched onward like soldier in the field of battle.

This author on AFF.net posted this as his story. I felt the need to post this fic in it's entire summary and the first chapter because when I reported it as: "not a story" the site admins told me that they were willing to keep it since the fic had at least one paragraph. So all in all a fic with a bad summary and story all in one.

10. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

Wow. You know, that sounds like an absolutely terrible story, but I gotta admit that the summary makes me wanna open it up and read it just to witness the awful first-hand. So, the summary's successful, but probably not in the manner the author intended.

11. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wizard Meets Tomb Raider by tburns1995 reviews
    Let me introduce myself, my name is Kyle Burns, a rare male Veela and only male heir to Rowena Ravenclaw. I have just finished my final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and gone on an Overseas Experience, when I went through hell and met my mate. Let's go back there shall we? I'm warning you though, its' not pretty. Lara/OC. Tomb Raider 2013
    Rated: M - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 228 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 3 - Published: Jun 12, 2015

12. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

So, does anyone else feel really embarrassed when they come across self insert fantasies that obvious. I mean, it's like meeting a total stranger and the first thing out of their mouth is a lurid description of just what they were thinking the last time they masturbated.

13. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I.e. 99% of harem fics.

14. nemdewa

nemdewa Squib

High Score:
    Speaking of NSFW fantasies, here's a gem from AO3:

Naruto: The Girl Who Came
    Naruto has been turned into a girl. Will she be able to change back into male again? Or does she want to stay as a girl forever?
    Language: English Words: 6,461 Chapters: 6/? Comments: 4 Kudos: 45 Bookmarks: 9 Hits: 3314

15. BlackLadyAnna

BlackLadyAnna Squib

High Score:
    The Art of Hidden Pesona By: whitedwarf

Summary in description is ok but when you turn to chapter 1 you have a new one:

Summary: An unwanted mistake, Harry grows up relying on only himself until his adoption by a magical widow who recognises his parentage for what it really is. Taught the manners, politics and manipulations of high pure-blooded wizarding circles Harry learns to mask and hone his darkness and intelligence swiftly. Deciding to attend Hogwarts Harry chooses to keep a low profile, wishing to escape notice and instead learn and observe those around him. But with the resurrection of Lord Voldemort and his half brothers involvement in his sixth year everything is about to change. As Voldemort begins to spread his influence across Europe Harry's carefully cultivated persona in Britain will begin to unravel as past secrets are found out, Dumbledore becomes interested, tempers flare and Harry's true self it allowed free reign as the only way of surviving the threatening politics of both sides of the war. Only able to rely on himself Harry must dance with the dangerously handsome Dark Lord and the Lord of the Light while dealing with the unfolding secrets of a past and family better left forgotten.

And it might be ok also, but it's quite long and talks about things not yet written. This took a lot of surprise element when I was reading it first time.
    But don't be mistaken it's a really good story, one of my favourites in fact.

16. chaosattractor

chaosattractor Groundskeeper

High Score:
    I just can't deal with fics that unironically call anyone a "Lord of the Light"

17. BlackLadyAnna

BlackLadyAnna Squib

High Score:
    Don't worry in this fic Harry keeps Dumbles at very large distance. And whitedwarf is a really skilled author and you don't see all these fancy titles flying around every page. I'm not even sure if this particular title is used besides the summary. Give it a try.

18. nemdewa

nemdewa Squib

High Score:
    The fandom is dark and full of terrors.

But agreed on the Canon Sue BS. It's like the main characters aren't perfect enough already and need to be either completely worshipped or otherwise trashed by "obviously evil" characters to make them look better.

If you're talking about this story, I seriously hope you're being sarcastic in this 'horrible summaries' thread. I couldn't get past even the first chapter.
    How the hell did it even get...5000+ reviews, 6000+ favorites and follows? That's just insane.

And before you tell me "it gets better" - I skimmed the later chapters, too. Even at a glance - I sampled about twenty random paragraphs from ten chapters - in every single one of them, the author didn't use apostrophes or commas properly in at least one sentence. The writing is horribly stilted, the sentence structure is terrible, and the pacing and flow is like watching an epileptic underneath a disco light.
    I don't know what the plot is like, but given the painfully awkward first chapter, I don't want to know. I gave it a try. Nope.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  19. Lesath

Lesath Second Year

High Score:
    The Art of Hidden Personas is decent story. I read it and it managed to keep my interest to the end. There is a lot of action and characters act accordingly to their own agenda. It certainly isn't boring. Summary can be bad, English butchered (or whatever - I'm afraid my own isn't good enough to recognize things like that) and story have a few flaws, but... Well, it isn't horrible.

The Light and the Dark by Cherry11tree
    Hermione begins her first day of Auror training only to discover her fellow trainee is Draco Malfoy. Draco Malfoy is searching for himself by doing that which is least expected of him: becoming an Auror. As secrets unfold and trust develops, will the two enemies turn their hatred into passion?
    Rated: T - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 8 - Words: 51,946 - Reviews: 19 - Favs: 24 - Follows: 76 - Updated: 51m ago - Published: Feb 9 - [Draco M., Hermione G.] Harry P., Ron W.

More like tryst... I just wonder, how many times does information need to be repeated? And I can't see even a bit of 'Adventure' here.

what if
    By: talarose18
    a series of what ifs hogwarts style Tigger warning in Chapter three
    Rated: Fiction K - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 4 - Words: 1,813 - Reviews: 3 - Updated: 2h ago - Published: Apr 20 - id: 11906241

Together by ClimaticHD reviews
    Harry had been sent to his horrible aunt's house while his brother is trained. What he doesn't know that something good will happen to him. Wrong BWL, Powerful Harry,Ginny, Ginny same age as Ron but not twins. Ron Hermione James Lily Dumbledore Bashing. AU
    Rated: T - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 2 - Words: 1,467 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 21 - Updated: 3h ago - Published: Jul 14 - Harry P., Ginny W.

20. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Whoever invented this should burn in the fire of a thousand suns. It's not clever nor funny. At all.

And I'd rather avoid reading fics about the dangerously handsome Dark Lord's fight against the Lord of Light, who must be some shitty OC...whose name is Dumbles.