1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v10.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

But they had to talk about Harry's Pets.

2. fab1577

fab1577 Squib

How have I not noticed that these past few months?! That sounds amazing! Definitely giving that a go.

3. Crownworthy

Crownworthy Banned

4. Silveron

Silveron First Year

High Score:
    I'm digging Pokemon again but the lack of decent stories out there means trawling through the pages of utter shit is a common task, the sort of which makes you question life.

"Okay. I can explain. See, on tumblr, I hitched my online brand to Lucario via Lucario chatposts (kinda like the ones I made for the gay dads au, except with me and lucario and before I did those ones). People enjoyed them, I did more of them, they started implying I might have a thing for lucario and, well, once you speak a thing into existence.... So yeah, technically it's a self insert/lucario but I couldn't find a tag for that and if I say LucarioxReader, you can pretend it's YOU lucario is being intimate with and share the shame and guilt with me. Some pet play, some light bdsm because even though i'm not into the scene it's still kinda neat. i wouldn't do it with a real dude, cause i don't trust like that, not anymore, but hey with a telepathic dog who hugs back and can fuck? why not."

What the ever loving fuck.

5. Zombie

Everythings a meme anymore. Can't tell if serious or not -- a fine line which leads to insanity.

6. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    "Hi guys this is my first story and this story I'm not sure with the rating so it may change may continue if it is liked but onto the summery. what if..."

"Hi guys this is my first story and..." is already enough to know it's going to be shit, though.

7. Zombie

>summery
    Dogshit.

8. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    qUiRkY

9. Donimo

Donimo Auror

I hate that word on principle, the repetition really elevates things though.

10. Donimo

Donimo Auror

Santa Paws by Teddylonglong
    Santa Claus takes pity on Harry Potter and rescues him from his abusive relatives, giving him one of his puppies as his familiar. What if the power the Dark Lord knows not was his puppy familiar, who could access spiritual magic of the North Pole? Completely AU, partly OOC. Pairing Harry-Luna. Completely AU! Partly OOC, Dumbledore/Weasley bashing.

11. Zombie

Never mind that being a shitty summary, that's just a shitty story.

12. Majube

High Score:
    Draco Malfoy and... DAMMIT, POTTER, I WANTED TO BE FRIENDS by love_from_belle
    ..And the tags [​IMG]

basically everything thats cringy with AO3 -_-

13. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    AKA I'm too stupid to use tags properly.

14. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

At least they aren't shipping eleven year olds like a weirdly high amount of other fics I guess.

15. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is why I really hate AO3. The purpose of the tag is so that when someone searches for it, your story will show up. Who would ever search up a tag like "obviously there are no other ships than Draco's parents in this installment"? It doesn't improve the amount of clicks your story is going to get , if anything, you're going to get less clicks.

The worst part is that this could actually be a decent story. A canon-compliant(ish) fic from the POV of Draco where half the stuff he said in canon is meant to be said in a sarcastic/jokey tone but everyone thinks he's serious.

16. Majube

High Score:

17. Crownworthy

Crownworthy Banned

Title: Enraptured

Summary: This is a rework of Keira Andrew's "Kidnapped by a Pirate"... Kindly do not accuse me of Plagiarism again because I am not gaining any financial profit from this and the only reason I am putting this work back up is because all my readers have insisted on it. The summary: Harry never thought that a bloody savage pirate would be the one to free him from the strict and conservative

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13363942/1/Enraptured

18. entropy843

entropy843 First Year

Reading this thread filled my heart with joy.

I've got to save the old threads for the future when I get really depressed.

19. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm so glad someone bumped this thread.

Trench Knife Delphi by Azure Lightning Emerald Cloud reviews
    When Umbridge is about to CRUCIO Harry, a woman knocks on the door. Enter Delphi. She's out of Azkaban and into another timeline. Violence ensues. But she also wants friends because she's low-key lonely af and everyone she's ever met hates her. Join her on her bloody journey. I don't own any of these character, J.K. Rowling does.
    Rated: M - English - Romance - Chapters: 11 - Words: 52,722 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 51 - Follows: 87 - Updated: 11m ago - Published: Feb 25 - [Luna L., Pansy P.] Harry P., Delphi Riddle

Omega's Binding by Madriddler reviews
    After a violent encounter, Harry Potter is turned into a werewolf. An Omega Werewolf, to be exact. Now dealing with heats and the ability to get pregnant, Harry must learn to live with his new forms and life, while a desire for revenge fuels him. Will he be able to resist his heat and vengeance? Or will he fall into an instinctual lust, and look for his Alpha?
    Rated: M - English - Romance/Supernatural - Chapters: 6 - Words: 17,106 - Reviews: 20 - Favs: 78 - Follows: 128 - Updated: 5h ago - Published: Feb 24 - [Harry P., Draco M.] Blaise Z., Fenrir G.

Oh, I bet it's the latter.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  20. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Colin's Secret by TheSlytherinHufflepuff
    Colin Creevey gets an eye full! HP/DM. Super Slash.
    Rated: M - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,956 - Favs: 1 - Published: 2h ago - [Draco M., Harry P.] Colin C.

Not just Slash, but Super Slash.