1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DLP Writing Competition
    Topic is EITHER Hogwarts Ghosts OR Duelling!
    Click here for more Guest!
    Due Date is June 20th!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v10.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Zeleis

Zeleis Squib

I wonder what it is that encourages people to create these ridiculously long names for OCs. I like to think that "Èleanore Jamie Alexandrie-Anais Adélaïde Margaux" were all names the author had on a shortlist but couldn't decide between; so they just thought "fuck it" and used them all haha

2. zugrian

zugrian Third Year

And they're always incredibly pretentious sounding too-- never something simple and common like Harry. These people should hang out with Voldemort-- he also was too pretentious for a common name.

3. ExperiencedGamer

ExperiencedGamer Third Year

Less Voldemort and more Petunia 'Harry. A nasty common name!' Dursley, I'd say. I mean, Voldemort is the wizard equivalent of a terrorist and/or war criminal; Petunia is more the everyday kind of evil, though almost equally as vile in my opinion.

4. Download

Download Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I had hoped when I saw that name that it might be Welsh and that's why I've never seen anything like it and why it's so unpronounceable, but nope a google search only returned this fic as a hit.

5. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Unspeakable

Funky. Looks like Irish. I know fuck all about Irish, but it looked interesting. There's 'Mac Bhloscaidh' which became names like 'MacCluskey' when it was anglicized. I was also able to find someone by the name of Nóilín Nic bhFloscaidh which would be the feminine version of Mac bhFloscaidh (son/daughter of...).

The bh beginning looks like 'Eclipsis', a form of irish initial consonant mutation which I readily admit I do not understand. 'flosc' is a word meaning things like 'flux, to excite, zest' etc and aidh is a fairly common word ending pronounced like 'eee'.

Ultimately, it doesn't look like it would be unreasonable to someone from Ireland.

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Without looking at the story itself, that makes me think of the Marvel character,Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair). But she's Scottish, and I don't actually know if the character in the story has werewolf-like shapeshifting like Wolfsbane.

7. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No, it couldn't be Welsh, there would need to be about fifty "w"'s and "y's" in the name for no discernible reason and just one "f".