1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v2.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Master Slytherin, Feb 3, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyKitti

LadyKitti Second Year

Sadly I have read part of that fic, Oz. There is nothing minor about the punishment from what I saw. I hate fics like that because they seem to take the theme of corporal punishment and make the entire story revolve around it! I swear they have Harry getting his behind beat every chapter. Who wants to read that?

2. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

Friggin awesome.

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  4. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Shame it seems to be abandoned

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

At first I just thought this was a typically bad summary, but the end note just made me laugh.

6. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Ooh! Ooh! Look at the author's handle! You can tell she's educated, mature, and creative, as well as well-grounded in the sciences and logic.

* sigh *
    There are times I Really Appreciate my handle.
    Usually when I think of all the Truly Nasty ones out there.

7. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Just another cliched Twin Who Lived story.

I actually like the premise and basic plot of a TWL, but almost every single one I've read is phail.

Things TWL stories need to do away with:

1. Abusive/Neglectful James and Lily. This is just retarded.

2. The Twin Who Lived is an arrogant, stuckup, prick. Yes, if you grew up into fame this is a possibility, but I honestly think James and Lily would be able to keep the TWL's ego in check. Based on what we know from canon, they are brilliant magically and intelligence wise. I don't think they'd let their kid become all "worship me motherfucker!".

3. Harry becoming friends or more with Draco or Snape. Just fucking no. NO.

4. Dumbledore overlooking Harry's talent (as these stories usually have him as above average in skill) or completely ignoring him for the TWL who is an unskilled fraud who likes to steal the glory from Harry and gloats/insults people whenever possible. Is often bff with Ron.

These are just a few off the top of my head, but I would like to see a TWL story without these retarded cliches.

8. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I only just started getting into TWL stories, but they DO seem to be unreasonably angsty. Is there a brother-who-lived story in which they have a healthy relationship and work together to fulfill the prophecy?

9. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

There are many things wrong with this. Many things.

10. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

I doubt it, but I have a work-around.

Harry is NOT the Boy-Who-Lived: his brother, Whatshisname is.

Harry does everything but kill Voldemort. He incapacites him, puts him into a coma, then his brother quietly feeds Tom poison.

The End (Well, apart from the graphic Draco/Snape/Ginny/Ron kill-off, and the gratuitous Harry/Hermione sex scenes.).

11. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

This is just icky.

12. Hira.Humbert

Hira.Humbert First Year

Who the hell is Xander? Surely whoever he is, isn't going to have a go with a 'baby Harry'? merde I'm tempted to read that just to make some sense out of it.

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  13. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I think they mean Xander as in Buffy the Vampire slayer Xander.

14. Hira.Humbert

Hira.Humbert First Year

That would explain why I didn't (and still don't) have a glue who it was referring too. Never really got into Buffy. Thanks anyway.

15. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Probably true. But in fairness, I do remember coming across a HarryPotter/xXx crossover with slash and Harry/Xander Cage. Might have been the same author who wrote Harry/Riddick slash and crossed over with Pitch Black/Chronicles of Riddick.

Yes, I wish I was kidding too.

16. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Seventh Year

Probably not the one I was thinking about, but I read one where Harry was Lily's and Riddicks son.

17. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

Xander from Buffy. There was also a Riddick/Harry/Xander threeway going around once too. :(

18. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit....

19. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

12. How did he get here? » by mione granger2175 reviews
    This is a Azkaban story. Basically Harry goes to azkaban for a crime he didn't commit.
    Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: M - English - General/Romance - Chapters: 4 - Words: 6,458 - Reviews: 5 - Updated: 6-5-07 - Published: 4-16-07

Well, doesn't that just make you want to rush to read it?

Edited to add:
    Ooh! Ooh!
    Lookit this one!

Sneaky Little House Elves
    He had a brother, the precious Boy-Who-Lived, he was the outcast, the black sheep of the family. he didn't mind, not really, especailly when it's lunchtime with the house elves ;) Anal, AU/AR, D/s, DP, Fet, HJ, Language, Moresome, OC, Oral, Rim, Toys, Trans
    Author [Astarael the sorrowful] -:- Rated [Adult+] -:- Chapters [2] -:- Published [2008-04-07] -:- Updated [2008-05-18 10:50:58] -:- Edited [2008-05-18] -:- Hits [4106] -:- Reviews [9] -:- Average / Total Vote [+++++ / 4]

I can hear Hermione exploding in horror from here. (I wonder if this is the real reason that Ron wanted an elf?)

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  20. LadyKitti

LadyKitti Second Year

This tasts like Penis: An Intellectual Adventure » by A Comedy of Errors reviews Harry has a sexy xpolsion in snaps super sexy hands! Read and review cuz its good! It rlly is! I might continue if I get good revs from u pplz!Fiction Rated: M - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 3 - Words: 1,867 - Reviews: 5 - Updated: 5-20-08 - Published: 5-6-08

Just when I thought I couldn't get any more disgusted with fanfiction...someone surprises me

Wizard's Live Messenger » by o_O RaVeNcLaW.bUbBlEs o_O reviews The best chat logs EVERRRRRRRRR! xD anywyas, after a myseterious eternitical absence, i have resurfaced onto the face of this earth, and i come bearing a sixth chapter. LALALALAAAAAA! LALALLALAAAAAAA! RR&RR&RR&RR&RR xD

Chat logs? And whats with the singing?

Butterflies and Hurricanes » by Eadon Of Fire reviews Harry was only following Lily's last wishes when he drank the potion, he never expected this to happen. HPSS, femHarry. AU, non HBP or DH, character bashings, OOCness... no longer on hold

Err wait...Lily's last wish was for her baby boy to be a girl?...and sleep with a guy old enough to be his/her father?

Kitty Love » by phoenixmaiden20 reviews Harry has an accident and gets turned into a cat! If that wasn't bad, he finds himself in the hands of his enemy. Follow Harry as he tries to find a way to freedom, or will he want to? TRHP

Why a cat? Why is it always a cat? Why not a pig, or a dog, or blood sucking leech?

*sigh* :p

~Kitti

Not open for further replies.