1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v5.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Sep 14, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

2. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Less of disgusting stuff here, more just plain bad.

8. Young and Stupid » by XxStephXx reviews
    You know how I love a good break up and make up story...
    (Yes, that was the whole summary.)

18. The veela and his love » by Belle A Lestrange reviews
    WARNING boy x boy. HPDM. Mpreg. Draco decides to spend the holidays with Harry. Draco and Harry both have magical creature inheritance. What happens when Ginny get jealous and Harry falls pregnant? Rated M for later chapters.

19. The HalfBlood Prince Has My Heart » by Ashkie Sage reviews
    A Severes Snape love story

25. A Life To Remember » by amycharys
    Hermione and George, bit slow at first, but definate heating up later

26. Harry Potter and the Battle of Forks Washington » by rainbows light up the sky reviews
    Harry Potter/Twilight. What happens when Harry Potter and the Weasleys go to Forks, Washington to avoid Death Eaters trying to kill Harry, again? With the help of the Cullens, they try to take down the Death Eaters once and for all.

29. The happiness of three » by TheAmazingCellist
    Remus, Sirius, and Harry live together, but will living together be enough to satisfy the urges of three creatures?

31. The New Girl That Came From Nowhere » by NaTTyKiinz reviews
    What would happen if Draco Malfoy had a twin sister, named Violet, that was hidden from everyone in the whole world, suddenly pop out of nowhere and Harry Potter starts to fall in love with her. It’s the 6th year of Hogwarts. STORYgetsBETTERifYOUreadMORE!

37. I'll Fight For You » by LaGueraChula7
    Marcus likes Oliver. oliver breaks up with Percy, who isnt happy about it. Marcus and Oliver start dating, but oliver has a lot of doubts, but Marcus will fight for what he loves. Marcus/ oliver slash.

41. Harry Potter and the Veiled Future » by aryaneragon4ever reviews
    hp 7 alternate. harry becomes a werewolf! Please R & R

3. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

ELF Everybody Loves Fudge by GinnyLover14
    Everyone knows that Fudge is a horrible minister. What if they were wrong? What if he was hiding is competence from someone else for some reason? AU 3rd year. Pairings undecided. Up for ADOPTION
    Rated: T - English - Drama/General - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,775 - Published: 1-1-10 - Harry P. & Daphne G.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5630634/1/ELF_Everybody_Loves_Fudge

This whole thing is really bad.
    1. The name of the story
    2. The author's pen name
    3. The story is up for adoption after one chapter.

4. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

This would be an awesome crack fic.

Harry arrives at Hogwarts only to find that wizards only drink Fire Whiskey.

It would explain so much...

5. Caon

Caon Squib

wynter bliss by wickedlovely96
    wyntern elladora willow holly violetta camerance enters her 6th year with her thre best friends and the maurders.can one seer change the future of harry potter and save lily and james.
    Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,768 - Published: 1-7-10 - OC & Sirius B.

Hermione's Shocking Third Year » by Harpygirl24 reviews
    During Hermione’s third year she finds out that she’s Harry’s sister, Remus’s goddaughter, and Snape’s daughter. Add an escaped prisoner and Dementors and it will be an interesting year.
    Rated: K - English - Family/Friendship - Chapters: 18 - Words: 25,018 - Reviews: 182 - Updated: 1-7-10 - Published: 12-16-09 - Hermione G. & Severus S.

There is so much wrong with these that I don't even know where to start.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  6. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

New entry into world's failingest names. Not number one, but definitely in the top 20.

7. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I agree that summary is epic fail, probably the worst I've seen in a while.

8. LadyKitti

LadyKitti Second Year

Harrys ToDo list » by kovca reviews Harry is really deppressed until some one decides that this will not countuine and changes fate and harrys life forever superharry, intellagentharry, hg love

The spelling errors make me cry.

Secrets and Lies » by SexySiri reviews Summary: In his sixth year Harry Potter discovers the truth about Albus Dumbledore, he also discovers that instead of being Harry Potter he is Harry Malfoy Snape. Contains: Swearing, Slash, depression, self harm, smoking, drugs, Pure angst.

Harry Malfoy Snape? eww

Mischief » by Dessert reviews Draco is a two-and-a-half inch pixie who loves a five-and-a-half foot human. That's okay, because he is going to fix that. Right after he “fixes” Harry's girlfriend. SLASH.

:eek: Why would anyone make Draco into Tinkerbell?

The dark lord of dementors » by black death24 reviews harry as a dark powe that controll the dementors what happend once the minstry found out about the power, a one way to azkaban, the breaking of the bond with his mate, preg about a mounth and must spent about 15 years in azkaban was going to happen

Sometimes I even wonder if some people try at all.

~Kitti

9. Raining Ink

Raining Ink First Year

^Well, I can't wait for this one.

^This may actually be ingenious...

^ Song fic, girl/girl, Michelle Branch, and a cheating Professor M...this is literature.

10. Bratling

Bratling Professor

I've been busy lately, so I haven't posted any worst summaries in a while, but I found a few that deserve mocking!

3 Potters from Jacob wolfs point of view » by Jacob C. Wolf reviews An 8 year old Jacob Wolf loses his perents, And lives at a magic school for 6 years. Then he learnes he is a Werewolf at 14. And his world turned upside down in britanRated: T - English - General - Chapters: 6 - Words: 5,586 - Reviews: 1 - Updated: 1-9-10 - Published: 12-6-09

First of all, the 'writer' can't even spell the entire summary right. And how can you learn you're a werewolf at 14? To my knowledge, you have to be bitten, and I do believe you would remember that. Hell, I would think you would remember the excruciating transformations every month, too! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

24. Gwyneth Elizabeth Snanger » by Bellatrix7 reviews UPDATED AGAIN What if Snape and Hermione both survived the final war and Ron died? What if Snape and Hermione shared one very drunk New Years Eve together? Well, Gwyneth Elizabeth Snanger is what happens...Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 14 - Words: 17,032 - Reviews: 57 - Updated: 1-9-10 - Published: 9-25-07 - Hermione G. & Severus S.

The height of stupidity. First of all, Hermione, in any incarnation, wouldn't hang with Snape, of all people let alone sleep with him. Beer goggles or not, he's too ugly and needs the help of a plastic surgeon and a cosmetic dentist to even look passable. And Snanger? WTF? I get that it's supposed to be a combo of Snape and Granger, but nobody does that! If that's not the ultimate Mary Sue name, I'm a monkey's uncle!

10. Running Away 2 » by darkangledragonlover reviews Slash. Male/Male pairing. Tom Riddle/Harry Potter. "WHY! WHY AM I YOURS HARRY!" Thomas yells angrily. "Because Thomas, a part of your soul merged with mine along time ago...you will always be mine!" Harry's hisses out in pleasure.Rated: M - English - Romance/Horror - Chapters: 29 - Words: 17,943 - Reviews: 121 - Updated: 1-9-10 - Published: 1-2-08 - Harry P. & Tom R. Jr.

I just puked. I'm against slash because it's OOC to start with. But to pair Volde and Harry? ARRRGGGH!

9. My Immortal Spelling and Grammer Mistakes Fixed » by gothgirl865 reviews This is the Google dubbed "Worst Fanfic Ever" I fixed spelling and grammar so it's actually English. Tells the story of goth Mary-Sue Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way, and how she utterly destroys canon by making it goth and emo.Rated: M - English - Parody/General - Chapters: 22 - Words: 12,409 - Reviews: 6 - Updated: 1-9-10 - Published: 12-12-08

:O_O: The horror of it. Why would anyone bother to fix the spelling and grammar of that monstrosity?

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I love that little trick... But damn, the twitch is back!

1) You are now aware of your breathing.
    2) You have an itch between your shoulders.
    3) Your right eye feels tighter than your left.
    4) Your feet itch.
    5) So does the top of your scalp.

That should do it.

12. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

13. Bratling

Bratling Professor

. Daddy's Little Lullaby » by Lullaby-Dream-24 reviews When Remus Lupin's daughter, Lullaby, loses her mother and transfers to Hogwarts, things are never the same. Takes place during GoF.Rated: M - English - General/Romance - Chapters: 26 - Words: 59,582 - Reviews: 32 - Updated: 1-16-10 - Published: 8-14-09 - Harry P. & OC

Who in hell names their kid "Lullaby"? Talk about a Mary Sue alert!

14. RedBear

RedBear Second Year

I quickly parsed through this out of morbid curiosity. Looks like the author did this as a cruel joke.

I don't find it funny.

15. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

Funny thing is, it was lulzier when it was full of mistakes >_>

16. Meryem

Meryem Second Year

Morocco, in Jail. Drove my parent's car while drun
    Since I know how much we all adore Harry Potter/Twilight crossovers, here are two samples :

Review Example :
    Review Examples :

Edit : So sorry, but the links of these 2 stories won't show. :(

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  17. Gulliver

Gulliver Second Year

3 Fathers, 3 Daughters by twilightingharrypotter fan Okay you guys, got bored and had a brain damage and can't write for my other stories... so I'm doing another songfic! *air clap* So this is, yes, another country songfic. Song is It Won't Be Like This For Long by Darius Rucker. Rated: K+ - English - General - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,259 - Published: 1-19-10 - Complete

Stumbled across this little gem today, complete with a duet between Voldemort and his teenage daughter Tatiana.

18. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

The brain damage shows.

19. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

20. Portus

Portus Heir

You might've seen ol' Voldy at a Hootie and the Blowfish concert, Oz; we all know you'se is a big fan of Hootie and the Blowfish.

Not open for further replies.