1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v5.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Sep 14, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

I looked at Harry Potter on Fanfic for the first time in months the other day and the first few pages were almost entirely Harry/Draco, Harry/Lucius and Harry/Voldemort. Or, some unholy combination of the three.

Its one thing for a character who is written gay to have a gay relationship, but once again, what is this fascination for making straight characters gay for other straight characters who they chronically hate? Especially this twisted stuff like Harry/Draco/Lucius. WTF>

2. LadyKitti

LadyKitti Second Year

My Trip Through Time » by DebsTheSlytherinSnapefan reviews Harry goes walkies! ends up back in time! however, to him it turns into a nightmare...after a while he can safely say he's having the time of his life! slash! will the Mauraders get on with Harry? where will Harry be sorted? where else? SLYTHERIN!

Something about this summery really annoys me. Maybe it's the bad grammar and random punctuation. Maybe it's the slash. Maybe it's the word "walkies".

What a tart! by -peccadillo Tom Sr. visits his favorite corner, and meets his new favorite harlot. WARNINGS: M/M, pedophilia, incest. R for sexual situations.

How....disturbing.

~Kitti

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Who the hell came up with THAT? This is a flawless plan? How about most retarded and disgusting plan ever made!

I really should know better by now but this made me angry. How can anyone come up with this kind of crap.

It is like "I have to make Harry pregnant with Draco's baby, but wait there is something missing, I think it needs Voldemorts soul in it, that should make it perfect".

4. Rhapsody Belle

Rhapsody Belle Sixth Year

And yet, you missed what I think are some of the better parts:

VERY dark and mature themes.
    COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the other femHarry story.

Oh, the angst and horror.

5. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

What a novel way to work through rape fantasies. The author must have a special frenemy at school, but, unable to come to terms with wanting a dude he writes this to symbolically change his lust interest into a chick to rape into loving him.

6. Nemrut

High Score:
    Yeah, because when an author of that caliber warns us from "dark and mature themes" there is so much to get worked over. It is like people trying to sell stuff on TV and they put the word fun in the description: You can be sure that it will be anything but.

7. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

It's probably a bad story idea... But I can't really tell, I was lost at "Harry Potter lupin is a girl."

8. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oh no! Their love will DEMENISE!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  9. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

It sounds like Harry Lily Potter Lupin is a hermaphrodite werewolf with a split personality that's married to itself.

Greatest story ever?

10. Rhapsody Belle

Rhapsody Belle Sixth Year

So yeah. On a whim for which I'm currently headdesk'ing, I typed "femharry" into Google, and found a FFN community named "Miss Potter", which is dedicated to -- you guessed it -- female Harrys. #3 down was this gem:

Who wonders about shit like that?

11. Nemrut

High Score:
    To be fair, it is not that bad of an idea. I am not going to read it of course but as far as bad ideas go, you can do a lot worse.

12. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

The Story of Harry and Fleur
    Starts with Harry almost attempting suicide after seeing Ron and Hermione together but is rescued by Fleur as they fall in love witness the drama, love, family issues of the Potters.
    Rated: T - English - Romance/Family - Chapters: 2 - Words: 1,905 - Reviews: 7 - Updated: 11-25-09 - Published: 11-24-09 - Harry P. & Fleur D.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5532398/1/The_Story_of_Harry_and_Fleur

13. LadyKitti

LadyKitti Second Year

oh joy...nothing says love at first sight like a good old fashioned teen angst suicide.

14. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

This looks like a teenage girl author. I wonder if Harry's preferred suicide method was to jump off a cliff? After all, that's the "in" choice for lovesick teens these days...

15. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

*shudder* 20 chapters of Snape Rape.

:puke:

16. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Close, but not quite. He was about to jump off a tower. Yes, he didn't even have the balls to actually jump.

Anyway, it is preferable for the lovesick teens to jump off cliffs rather than buildings or bridges -- less to clean up that way. And when you really think about it, suicide is the best way for them to contribute to the society. In one swift swoop they rid the world of their stupidity and improve the human gene pool.

17. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

Why would Harry attempt suicide after seeing Ron and Hermione hooking up? And how on earth do you justify fitting two chapters in a story less than two thousand words?

Here are some that I found by searching iPod in the Harry Potter category.

Ipod Competion ! by Little Miss Writer 13
    READ THIS PLEASE !xxxxxxx You get a cookie if you do Complete - Harry Potter - Rated: K - English - General - Chapters: 1 - Words: 171 - Published: 9-2-09

The Search for the Holy iPod by mrs.ReverendTholomewPlague reviews Hermione Granger, Synyster Gates, Michael Vick, Miley Cyrus, Lala the Teletubby and Barney the Dinosaur set out to find the Holy iPod, stolen by Lord Voldemort. Kinda stupid, really funny! Complete - Harry Potter - Rated: K - English - Humor/Parody - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,057 - Reviews: 10 - Published: 9-13-08

My iPod Nano by Paloma Latina reviews Music is what feelings sound like. “I’ll stay, Tonks. As long as you won’t slap me again.”[A collection of songfics. All chosen randomly of my sister's iPod Nano] Harry Potter - Rated: K+ - English - General/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 884 - Reviews: 11 - Published: 9-21-07

The iPod Incident by Etern reviews Draco Malfoy suddenly loves this invention known as the iPod. And if anyone needs to know a thing or two about manipulation, go ask Hermione Granger. Oneshot. D/H Complete - Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,139 - Reviews: 17 - Published: 6-20-09 - Draco M. & Hermione G.

Hermione knows manipulation? When did this happen?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  18. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Wait a second... something is fishy here. Oh wait, the iPod wasn't released unti 2001. Um... so what's the explanation for the fourth one-shot? The second is obviously severe crack and the third probably doesn't have an actual iPod in the one-shot, but what's the fourth one-shot's excuse? Also according to Firefox, iPod is a typo.

19. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

The fourth could be after Voldie was killed but it still looks terrible.

And what do you mean iPod was a typo?

20. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Firefox apparently doesn't think there is a word that is even close to iPod and so it flags it as a spelling mistake.

Not open for further replies.