1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v9.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Feb 13, 2012.

Not open for further replies.
  1. James

James Unspeakable

This guy actually managed to list "everything wrong Harry/Snape" right in the summary. I'm impressed.

Dementione, my new OTP.

You know, starcraft like Queen-of-Blades!Hermione for Dementors could be fun.

"Coming out as male". :facepalm

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Don't Mess With A Potter by Harry James Potter23 reviews
    It's first year and Harry meets the bond mate of his soul bond Hermione Granger and his God-brother/sister during the remaining holidays along with one of four god parents when he goes to gringotts he finds out things that would make even the most battle ready men lose their temper Dumbledore Snape Weasley Bashing!
    Rated: T - English - Romance/Family - Chapters: 3 - Words: 8,742 - Reviews: 27 - Favs: 86 - Follows: 127 - Updated: Feb 8 - Published: Oct 2, 2015 - [Harry P., Hermione G.] [Neville L., Susan B.

3. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Dare I ask who those four are?

4. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    If you do, you are a braver man than I.

5. _GitGud_

_GitGud_ Fourth Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    "Harry meets the bond mate of his soul bond Hermione Granger" What? This could mean so many things. Are he and Hermione soul bound but not true bond mates? Is he talking about his evil twin? Is Hermione the bond mate of another men who isn't her destined soul bond? Is it a self actualization story in which Harry meets himself?

6. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Green Days reviews Sequel to Compassions. Beats Boy has started his harem. But what will happens when a villain begins to make moves to destroy the Titans.Teen Titans - Rated: T - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 4 - Words: 9,927 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 55 - Follows: 74 - Updated: Jan 25 - Published: Jan 6 - Beast Boy, Jinx, Raven, Starfire

And that is everything I think I need to know about that fic.

7. Persephone

Persephone Fourth Year

True harry Secrets by bethyhardy reviews
    Harry James potter the boy who lived doesn't exist there is no such person. When he gets a letter from his dead seer mum he learns the true meaning of family and love as the 15 year old female twin to Draco Malfoy. Read to find out more. Chapter 7 is dedicated to Alan Rickman a great actor and a insparation.
    Rated: M - English - Hurt/Comfort/Family - Chapters: 11 - Words: 10,459 - Reviews: 30 - Favs: 65 - Follows: 110 - Updated: 1h ago - Published: Nov 21, 2015 - [Harry P., Severus S.] Draco M., Voldemort

---------- Post automerged at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I found the troll of the century:

Another one of his masterpieces:

His account is a gold mine.

8. _GitGud_

High Score:
    Trolling is a art of subtlety. Hogwarts School of Prayer and Miracles is a great troll fic. The dude you posted just sucks balls. Anyone can misspell words and write like a 12 year old, it's the poe's law effect you have to aim for if you intend to excel at general aggravation. With HSoPaM you can't really tell if you're reading the work of an angry fundamentalist mother or a clever satirist.

9. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

Hogwarts School of Prayer and Miracles is fantastic, as you mentioned, but after the first few chapters? Fairly evident it was satire.

Which is fine, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't exactly subtle.

10. _GitGud_

High Score:
    True, the ending wasn't subtle. The beginning had me wondering and laughing, a lot.

11. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

In The Coldest Hours -:- By : Tammy_Perro -:- Published : February 24, 2016
    Updated : February 24, 2016 5:16 am -:- Rated : Adult + -:- Chapters : 1 -:- Reviews : 0 -:- Cat Pokes : 63
    Located : Harry Potter > Slash - Male/Male > Harry/Remus

Sirius dies in the DOM. Remus is furious with Harry, and Harry loves him, but will Remus love him back or is Remus really picturing Harry as Sirius? Abuse,Anal,Angst,H/C,M/M,MiCD

This is pathetic. I hope this fic has a tragic ending.

12. Ghosthree3

Ghosthree3 Unspeakable DLP Supporter

It actually amazes me sometimes the hoops people will jump through to try and turn their fetish ideas into something that maybe people will take as a serious work of art. If we were to treat fics as art anyway.

13. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

The thing that kills me is that there are so many ways to create a pairing with a Harry/older person of your choice that actually sound plausible and not stupid. Why bother pulling something like this out of your ass when it should be obvious that it could never make much sense?

14. Ghosthree3

Because they probably aren't people looking at the big picture and actually interested in seeing how it could be done properly. They're doing it to pander their short term fantasy and that's it. They aren't doing it properly because they don't know how it can be done properly, so they use the first thing that jumps into their mind. Or so I assume.

15. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I don't know, the beggining is already tragic enough.

16. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

A Heaven's Decision » by snowland Someone sends Night to live a miserable life in the human world. She is a loving person, until they consider her as an outcast in Konoha village. Homeless, broke and alone in this world that no one would help her. She doesn't speak. Night is bullied mostly by everyone. She has a cat that helps her through loneliness. Sasuke and Naruto has to work together to get into their world.

Do I even need to say anything?

17. TheProphet1.1

TheProphet1.1 Squib

My vote and an automatic DQ is any summary that starts with "What if".

18. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    The-Girl-Who-Was-Behind-The-Curtain by Professor McGonagal reviews
    Harry Potter had a twin sister, who was hidden behind a curtain in the Potter's nursery when Voldemort entered it that fateful night. She was taken away and raised by Severus Snape. The wizarding world as we know it was changed by these facts. The question is: how? Please read enjoy and review! :)

Ah, the wizarding world's adoption process in fanfiction at its best. Any guy could just break into the house of people who aren't related to him at all, steal the baby and raise like she was his own because...reasons. And the Ministry is willing to hand the boy-who-lived's sister to a former Death Eater that can't take care of his own hair, let alone a baby. Of course, it's likely that there is some Greater Good involved there if you know what I mean, but the suspension of disbelief takes a pretty hard beating at this one.

19. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Makes me wonder if there are any good Harry has a twin and is orphaned stories out there. I know there is plenty of awful twin Harry stories where Lily and James live, and then abuse Harry for "reasons".

20. Ghosthree3

Not open for further replies.