1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Sequel (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter North, Nov 19, 2016.

1. TRH

TRH Seventh Year

I'd prefer studying Bowtruckles to pretending Bowtruckles have anything to do with Grindelwald, at least.

2. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Order Member

Personally, I'd have preferred it if Fantastic Beasts went Indiana Jones on us: go on crazy adventures in cool locations to find some form of Magical creature, with Grindelwald and his henchmen after Newt and/or the Magical creature.

I actually liked the movie, but I agree that it seems silly to call it "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" when they seem way more interested in Grindelwald.

3. Quiddity

Quiddity Unspeakable

Which is why it's called Fantastic Beasts? I don't know, I like the way they were integrated into both of these. Newt is still the main character, and it's mostly surrounding him, but it also reflects his approach to the world.

4. ThatGreekLady

ThatGreekLady Third Year

High Score:
    Credence is Corvus Lestrange, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

1)If Credence is not Corvus Lestrange , then they wasted a whole movie on a red herring, really? I refuse to believe that.

2) If Credence is not a Lestrange, then who exactly is the father of Rabastan and Rodolphus? We didn't see any other Lestranges around, did we? It didn't seem like Leta had any other brothers. Sure there could have been a cousin that became the father of Rabastan and Rodolphus, but wouldn't they have been mentioned at least once? The movie made it seem like they had nobody else.

5. TRH

TRH Seventh Year

I dunno. It seems to me that a measure of how forced the Beasts concept is is how they've introduced not one, but two "magical creatures" that are essentially people, to connect that tagline into a story where it doesn't belong.

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Theory: Dumbledore is Corvis Lestrange.

Proof? I dunno, who gives a fuck about timelines.

7. Dasha

Dasha Second Year DLP Supporter

There was a Lestrange in Tom Riddle's gang in HBP, born about the same time as Tom I am assuming:

“Good gracious, is it that time already?” said Slughorn. “You’d better get going, boys, or we’ll all be in trouble. Lestrange, I want your essay by tomorrow or it’s detention. Same goes for you, Avery.”

8. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Was Leta Lestrange's father dead as of CoG? Not impossible for him to father another child, even if the mentioned Lestrange peer of Riddle's should have already been born. Could also have been a cousin of Leta's.

9. Jarizok

Jarizok Professor

Here be spoilers.
    I agree. The movie made a point of showing Leta as isolated. She could have much older/younger relatives maybe, but...

Also, why did Leta go to Hogwarts at all? She was on her way from Paris to ‘Murica so they just dumped her in Britain cos it was in the middle after her father didn’t want her? The loose ends bother me. How did Leta go from L+N to being betrothed to Theseus?

Did Credence have the chick in the first movie? I don’t remember, but if he did than that would be a bit +Dumbledore. As it is the chick shows up in the same scene Grindelwald talks to Credence for the first time this movie. Reeks of a plant.

About the movie as a whole; I enjoyed it. Flamel and McGonagall being underused/undersold bothered me more than them showing up in the first place and I’m withholding judgement on Nagini. The movie did feel rushed/sloppy at points and the 3D really wasn’t all that but looking past that we had good acting, nice effects, fun beasts and great world building in places.

Now if only madam president of the ‘Muricans didn’t show up in a book from far left field to urge Flamel to go be the saviour of Paris.
    --- Post automerged ---
    LolTimelinecontinuity.