1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oniland is confirmed for the 19th of October.

I have three and a half days to clear Götterdämmerung. Because my racing to clear campaign for events has worked so well in the past...

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm going to try and knock it out tonight. Worst comes to worse I can skip the story and come back to it in a week or two when I'm not swamped with work.

3. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

Well you got half AP cost until then so have fun.

In the meantime enjoy Götterdämmerung. Hop to it.

4. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I intensely disliked Gotterdammerung until the final 4-5 chapters. Mostly due to Napoleon. God, he's obnoxious and he's very much a tells not show character. He's supposed to stand for these grand things but I don't get that feeling at all from him. He just annoyed me. And Ophelia was ... Meh? Also mostly only tell not show. 80% of her was flashbacks.

This contrasted very strongly with how good Avicebron and Kadoc/Anastasia were.

Surtr was superb for the short time he was himself, as a threat, and I enjoyed it except him monologuing about Ophelia. Gerta was pure emotional blackmail, but I loved her to bits because she's too adorable and her ending genuinely moved me

But tbh, the MVP here? Gordie. He's a fantastic addition to the team that adds much needed balance and "normalcy" to Chaldea cast, creating someone understandable to measure the others by. Muniere is good for that as well but Gordie is fantastic.

5. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

I fucking hate Goredolf. Absolutely cannot stand him nor can understand why anyone would like him. Everything about him baffles and enrages me.

6. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Fight me IRL. He was really annoying at first, on purpose, but they went too much there. But this was solved in LB1 and specially LB2.

He's really relatable from a normal reaction perspective side, he's quite flawed but with good traits that flare up during the make it or break it moments, which contrasts him heavily with the Chaldea staff, who are a bunch of barely if flawed at all goody two shoes with Shonen motivation (this was much more egregious in Part 1, but the EoR did a lot to change that and LB2 is going for a more deconstruction take).

I enjoy him for the dynamic that he brings to the groups as well his development as a character. He adds much needed normal standard perspective that enhances everyone's else exceptional moments including himself.

7. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

I can't see him personable, relatable, or normal at all; he's thoroughly a high born mage through and through who expects things to go his way and treats people like shit. Awful personality and the most we can do is make fun of him and we never once got to call him out on how he treated anyone before and after we saved him.

I understand why our character saved him but can't fathom why he's treated respectfully at all. He does not deserve any of it.

In complete honesty I tend to skip most of his dialogue now because any time he shows up my mood immediately turns sour. It doesn't matter what he says, just having him show up does a 180 on my mood so rather than be irritated over him it's best to not even read his dialogue.

I don't know how much I've spent on this game (and honestly it's not something I want to find out in a "Holy shit it's this much?" kind of way) but that character soured my feelings regarding FGO. Him playing a part in the story made me not want to play and knowing that as of JP he's still there flat out made me consider dropping the game entirely because I dislike him that much. The fact that a single character can poison the entire game, which I've enjoyed a lot and still do, made me hate him even more so doing so.

I will say this about him, he's not evil character. He's not some puppy kicking asshole or shithead like Beryl is in the future game. In the recent summer event he even took some of his homunculi to Hawaii so they could have a vacation before they expired. So there's some actual decency in him. But it's so mired in the magus superiority mindset and comes up either as roundabout smug compliments or he has to compliment himself first that that's his character that I. Cannot. Fucking. Stand. Him.

The hope I have that he'll follow the other Directors fate in the future and die is soured by the fate that it will most likely be played as a sad and sorrowful thing where he'll be put on a pedestal despite being a rude ass.

I apologize for the big ol' block of text, he just pisses me off that much.

tl;dr I hate Goredolf and, using tropes, I place him as The Scrappy or The Load.

8. Thaumologist

High Score:
    And done, no command seals used (unlike final boss in LB1, which needed a full revive), and nothing skipped.

LSS for pretty much every node through the Lostbelt; with shoutouts to Euryale/Archuria, Altria, and Kintoki Rider for boss fights.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    On Section 12, and I don't think I like a single character in Gotterdamerung so far. Skadi, Bryn, the valks, and Ophelia are all bland, Sigurd is one note, Sitonai is pointless Illya fanservice, Napoleon is just the worst, and even Mash is managing to be more annoyingly explainy than usual.

Big let down after LB1. The most interesting character is Gerda and she's no Patxi.

10. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Seeing lots of complaints about this Halloween event. Journey to the West flashbacks too... This is making me dread even starting it.

11. Thaumologist

High Score:
    It's a single points ladder, isn't reliant on +100% enemy rate CEs, and isn't 100 missions. I see this as an absolute win, with magical oni as a bonus.

12. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

Like I said before, I talk to people who are on JP and this event was cancer. The story is fun so far but we'll see how the actual battles go.

At least it gave us this:
    [​IMG]

13. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

A reminder to everyone, get enough drops to buy the CEs first and then focus entirely on boosting the Magifender points. The best place to farm points is after the raid boss but you'll want to have enough points to do actual damage before he arrives.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Lostbelt 2 was a big pile of shit. And why the fuck did they make us finish it if they were going to write Oniland like we were still back at Chaldea and we hadn't met Sitonai?

15. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

How'd the Oniland raid go for everyone? I wasn't at 500% attack boost when it started so I ran the second one with Rider Kintoki and double Skadi to 1 turn it. Eventually when I got to that bonus I switched to Scathach and the final node to oneshot it.

16. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Think I nailed about 40 clears on it, mostly for the loot and such. Single turned it using Scathath and double Skadi since Kintoki kept on being just a tiny bit short of one turning him without using the plugsuit. I did get bored and try some other comps to see how they would work, including one run using MHXX but quick is the way to go sadly.

I did find the event a bit... Boring, I suppose? Even the challenge quest was pretty easy since you can just 3 turn it by hitting hard.

17. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Event was annoying yeah, but I managed to clear the ladder almost entirely on the Raid, which was good since farming this is terrible. Story was fine though, except the ending, which was meeeeh.

18. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

I knew Elizabeth was going to show up somewhere (since I saw her new look way back when JP had the event) but it actually surprised me that she was the Great Oni. Though in retrospect there was a bunch of foreshadowing to it.

And yeah, over all the event really didn't catch my interest but the part where Heracles showed up and Illya said her phrase was touching.

19. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Baaaaaaaaa
    Baaaaa
    Baaa