1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. TheLazyReader

TheLazyReader Groundskeeper

Nice stream there lads.

2. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

People are disappointed because there was no news, but I got exactly what I wanted out of it. Cringe with a side helping of cringe. It was truly beautiful to behold in real time.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I find it jarring that the devs made the location backdrop for the E Pluribus Unum chapter the old west but then set the timeline as the end of the American revolution. Fgo and historical accuracy obviously don't mix in the slightest, but they usually at least get their geography somewhat close to accurate.

Literally half a minute of googling could have told them that Colonial British America basically stopped dead at the Mississippi. Westward expansion didn't even really begin until after the war ended and the Treaty of Paris was signed.

I suppose it could be chalked up to the singularity distorting things, but that's a pretty big stretch. Infinitely more likely they were just like:

"US history... so we can have cowboys, cactii, and deserts now right?"
    "Yep. Right."

#nerdrant

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  4. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

My only complaint with it being set during the revolution is the amount of lost opportunities. What, Nasu can turn Francis Drake into a red head with huge breasts, but turning the founding fathers into the founding mothers is too much of a stretch? I want my Avenger-class Alexandria Hamilton, dammit.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I want Berserker Andrew Jackson.

6. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

He would be old and armed with a cane .and it. Would .Be. Glorious.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yeah but knowing Nasu, it would be Andie Jackson, and she would be a buxom blonde megane wielding dual canes with bladed tips.

8. cheirus

cheirus First Year DLP Supporter

I mean, there's a ton of people who'd be awesome as servants. My vote would be for Red Cloud, who never lost a battle to the US Army. Well, he did quit when he was ahead, but he was smart enough to recognize a losing battle after his diplomatic visit to Washington DC.

And Avenger Alexander Hamilton? Would making him an archer be too topical? Not gonna waste my shot? Too soon?

9. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

It's funny to think about how a good deal of our presidents would more than likely be in the Berserker class than any other.

10. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

America is such good chapter. London was pretty good if meandering at times and Shakespeare sucked and was a shittier Hans while Babbage and Paracelsus were criminally underused. America seems to have learned from those lessons and unlike London, whose best moments were not taking itself seriously, America has a pretty good balance between serious and lighter scenes and declamations that don't stink of supidity and preachiness.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    I just hate the way the story is told. It's so dry and boring. A static background with static characters and walls of text...

Wish it was more like a comic book or manga. Still still images, but at least it'd be more snappy with the chance of environmental storytelling and beautiful art...

12. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

That's literally LN way of story telling. Like, how someone plays Fate game and doesn't expect LN things?

13. Gengar

High Score:
    I expect it, doesn't mean I can't critique it.

And LN have come a long way since the 90s, which this game more closely represents in scope...

Edit: i think we meant VN

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  14. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

That we did. It's less you can't critique but more that its much fairer to point out the way its using a shitty tradition to excuse cost cutting. I don't think any but crazy good cellphones would be able to support this game that way though, and their servers... it can barely handle this game like this,

15. Gengar

High Score:
    That's a consideration, sure. I'm not really sympathetic tbh - there's no way they're not absolutely rolling in it. In their defence though, if people are still just throwing their wallets at them, what incentive do they have to improve?

says the hypocrite who is still absolutely throwing his wallet at them and is both eagerly anticipating and dreading the arrival of Jalter...

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Chapter finished and I have 9 x10 free rolls for Queen of Waifus. Please RNJesus, smile upon me.

17. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Also chapter finished. I have to say I really enjoyed this chapter.

Anyway, pray my 900-1K SQ and 40 Tix will be enough for Jalter.

18. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Got 500-510 quartz and 60 tickets for her. Let's do this.
    Edit\: Just saw Helena's original design again. God, I don't usually pile on the Takeuchi hate because I love Titoria and Moedred, but goddman it, he made one of my favorite designs into just another generic loli bait. I just want something to feed my Esdeath love.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Oxy
  19. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

To my knowledge, Takeuchi wasn't the artist for Helena.
    Edit: Or are we talking about a different art work for Helena that I am not aware of?

20. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Basically the artist drew this:
    [​IMG]

Then this happened:

Oxy