1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Arawn

Arawn First Year

as someone with about zero disposable income, and otherwise a desire to not spend money on a waifu simulator (admittedly of one of my fav animu franchises if my avatar didn't send that message already) is this game fun to play? and is it worthwhile to start from zero at this time?

2. TheLazyReader

TheLazyReader Groundskeeper

download.jpg

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I still find it pretty fun, despite it being an overt grindfest.

Given how many 'pure meh' 3s and 4s there are now saturating the summon pool, it's going to be a rough start. If you don't get lucky in your first few 10 rolls and pull a great 4 or 5 star, you'll at least want to get a few of the best easily obtainable servs for each class from friend summon (i.e. Ceasar, Robin, Cu [non proto Lancer], Medusa, Hans/Medea, Hyde/Hassan, Kiyohime). Leveling them up and getting them ready to take on some advanced content... well, that's still going to take at least a month or two of solid material grind.

So my advice: if you do want to start now, keep rerolling a new account until your first 10 roll nets you a really powerful 5 star that can carry a team. Jalter is probably not an optimal choice for a beginner, as she needs an already strong buster crit team to really shine. I would try for Cu Alter. He will be able to carry a weak team through 80% of the game and if you pair him with Cu lancer, bump that number up to 95. Waver is another strong beginner choice, but obtaining him in non rate up by chance will likely take you hundreds of account rerolls.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  4. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

If you're willing to break your "desire not to spend any dime" rule then it is possible to buy a cheap account for a few dollars. There are quite some accounts for sale in the FGO trading subreddit.

I managed to get my own account with (at the time) 14 SSR for only 130$, which would otherwise have costed me thousands of dollars. There are, for example, quite some accounts available with around 3 SSR for like 15$-20$.

For 1 SSR's such as Jalter and Calter while their banners are still ongoing you should be able to buy one for only 8$, although in these cases you might be better off spending a few (hundred) hours rerolling.

If you are fully set on not spending a single dime at all then, while very possible to play the game, is gonna be quite the grinding, tears, praying and ton of salt. It is very possible not being able to get a single SSR for months or even years.

Ironically, if you do intend to buy a cheap account and manage to roll some decent SSR's (staring at Calter and Jalter) then you're always able to sell it later on when you lose interest in this game. I am currently positive I could resell my 15 (unique) SSR account for a lot more.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yeah, on second thought you may want to wait to start a reroll marathon until they're doing one of the big newbie 30 quartz giveaways so you can do a 10 summon right after the tutorial 10 summon (which doesn't give 5 stars) and thus A) not have to go through the story for 28 more quartz or B) not have to do single summon resets until your eyes bleed.

Edit: or just keep doing 5 min tutorial rerolls until you get Herc, who is basically a 5 star with a 4 star label.

6. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

330 quartz and I got her. Got Karna first through in a rainbow roll which was disappointing but a bit nice, NP lv.2 for him now.

Edit: For everyone here: https://imgur.com/a/LRiw7

7. TheLazyReader

I don't like this thread anymore. Its smug aura mocks me.

8. Mestre

Mestre Professor

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Really sorry you didn't get her, broski. I also felt pretty damn dejected for the few hours between my 10th and 11th roll.

10. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Got her on my second 10 roll, after using 7 tickets.

Now I just need to get her leveled up to the rest of my party.

11. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I have to say I am enjoying the fireworks immensely.

The FGO trading discord is exploding with Jalter requests.
    Normally a limited servant starter sells for 10$-15$ and most of the time there is a huge amount of left over. Right now suppliers from Asia (people who spent all day rerolling) sell them for 30$ and still supply can't meet demand.

Just a fragment of the discord channel: https://imgur.com/a/8w0o1
    The account trading channel is likewise exploding. I have seen offers flying around with accounts having 10 SSRs for jalter accounts with significantly less SSRs.

12. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

I don't get that shit.

If I didn't get Jalter, I'd be pretty fucking salty, but I wouldn't quit and I would trade/sell my account. It's my fucking account. All the lost hours and shit to just give it away like that? I don't know. Is there stuff that I'd do differently, knowing what I know now? Yeah, absolutely. Am I a bit of a whale? Sometimes. But I don't get this shit at all.

If you care so little about the fucking thing, go on FGOwiki and download the JPGs for free.

EDIT: Also, the reason you didn't roll Jalter is because your hatred is weak. Release your anger... let the hate flow through you.

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Hmmm........you know...... it wasn't until I had used all my FSQ and was a raging salty mcsalt storm that she came to me. Sweet lord.... I think you've cracked it!

14. Arawn

Arawn First Year

so here are my results for my tutorial summon: diarmuid lancer 3star, cu lancer 3, boudica rider 3, heracles berserker 4, darius berserker 3
    essence: necromancy, clock tower x2, dragons meridian, azure black keys.
    should i keep these or retry until i get a 5 star heroic spirit?

15. Inquisition

[​IMG]

16. TheLazyReader

>me to FGO after sending all my tickets and quartz and still no Jeanne Alter

Ilovedyou.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  17. Inquisition

18. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

So....
    Haven't really touched this since I beat the first story area.
    I noticed a notification about a new character.
    I had 13 quartz, figured why not? right?
    [​IMG]

I got her after 9 quarts.
    I think this game likes me

19. Mestre

Mestre Professor

@Arawn

the first roll 10x doesn't give you a 5 star but it gives you a guaranteed 4 star. Hercs is really really good and Cu made me forget about waifus. You could try to aim for a better roll... like two 4star servants but you can do much much worse.

https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/4-star-tier-list

20. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Is black grail that good? I only have 2 five star CE's The black Grail and Imaginary Around