1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes, quite dumb. But they tell you to copy down your number and account name in one of the help menus as a means of account recovery verification. So yeah.

2. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Finally got the 18 Dragon's Fangs that I need to ascend Artoria. After spending a full bar of AP just to farm the last one, switched over to Fuyuki 0 to farm the last 2 Saber pieces... Got 2 Fangs on the first mission... And no piece. RIP

Got 28 Rider skill gems from farming Fangs though, so I'll be in good shape when I get a Rider I give a shit about.

Decided to start saving all of the ascension mats for Scathach now. When she comes out I don't feel like having to farm again, I'd rather just get it out of the way before she drops and then immediately get her to 90. Already set on the pieces and the void dust, everything else is at about half way. Scathach and Shiki are pretty much the only 2 I really really want. Thankfully Assassin Shiki is free and the mats to ascend her are quest-based.

3. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Got the opposite problem from you, Dr. Been farming for dragon fangs on Saber Alter / Thier and having no luck, but getting an insane amount of pieces instead. Siegfried is definitely pulling his weight here though for this section of grinding, and I envy all of you who managed to get 5 stars while rerolling. I gave up on it after getting 3 4*s (Siegfried, Saber Lily and Martha).

If anyone's wanting to add, I'm working on Ascending and levelling, and have the following in support:

Siegfried (50), Cu Chulainn (Regular) (45), Martha (50), Medea (40), Hassain (HF) (37) and Lu Bu (45).

Friend No: 919,152,382

Any recommendations on a good Archer to keep an eye out for, since the RNG gods decided not to provide Gilgamesh? Running Robin Hood, but he doesn't seem to be particularly good.

4. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Robin Hood is actually pretty good - in one area, anyway. He's pretty much complete shit all around, but his NP is really solid. Obviously, you should use it in conjunction with his "Sabotage" skill to maximize damage.

As for alternatives - currently the only alternative (outside of 4* and up servants) is Arash. I haven't used him enough to say if he's any good.

Once Oda Nobunaga's event comes around you'll be getting her for free, however, and she's a 4*.

5. Dr. Strange Lulz

Yeah, the Fang grind at Thiers was a bit of a slog.

But Hero's Proof is way easier to farm. You're gonna need em later for Siegfried, just head to Marseille (7 AP). I'm getting a proof on about 80% of the runs, just got 6 in 6 missions, oddly enough.

Of the 60 or so servants available right now only 5 of them are Archers:

* - Arash
    *** - Robin Hood
    **** - EMIYA
    **** - Atalanta
    ***** - Gilgamesh

Not a ton of choices, unfortunately. I've read that Atalanta is supposed to be pretty good for Quick teams.

***** - Orion is coming with what should be (if they stick to the JP calender) our next event.

6. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Arash NP gets ridiculous after his strengthening quest. He can easily do 500k damage on it. STELLAAAAA is a fantastic NP. That's his whole function though. One time Nuke or two time with Nightless rose I guess and no one kills him and you can quickly load his NP. Lots of veteran players keep him just for that.

Robin Hood is a budget nuke.

Atalanta is for Quick teams and to abuse her NP. Her damage output is weak, so you're only getting your money out of her with her on a team she can both generate stars and buff Quick cards. She is fantastic for that though. At the moment I suggest Hassan + Cu or Jing for her. She gets better buddies later.

Gilgamesh is amazing. For now. He gets heavily power creeped later on thanks to him being a Buster Archer that isn't very specialized in anything. He's the opposite of EMYIA.

EMYIA is, believe it or not, the best released Archer in the game. Just not right now. He needs his last Ascension and Strengthening quest to really shine but boy he puts out damage like no one and is amazing for ARTS builds. His NP is also fucking ridiculous thanks to ignoring DEF buffs that bosses love to use.

Orion is a best Archer than all of then though against male enemies. Important to note. She is fairly solid otherwise.

https://youtu.be/B5VMPg6Jrmk Here. Check at the end. It's Arash doing 1,450,000 damage.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  7. Pure Infinity

I just realized, I'm not going to be able to get Alturia's last ascension until GUDAGUDA at the earliest, and Christmas at the latest. This game is killing me.

That said, I recently created a Japanese account (apparently the JP app and the US app don't conflict with one another). I've already made my way up to America, and managed to roll Francis Drake in the gacha. Good times all around. Can't wait till this stuff gets translated so I can find out what happened during all those cutscenes I skipped.

8. Dr. Strange Lulz

Howcome?

Jon your Gil is my lucky charm, mate. I needed 4 Proofs, and we got em in 2 missions. From now on when I farm, he's a default party member.

9. Pure Infinity

I need 2 Dragon's Reverse Scales, and 4 Phoenix Feathers. Dragon's Reverse Scale has a 2.7% chance of dropping, and Phoenix Feathers have an 11.4% chance of dropping. Back when the daily quests were 1/2 AP off I spent pretty much an entire day farming for Phoenix Feathers, and I didn't even get one.

This pretty much means I'm going to have to rely on events to get them. 10 Dragon's Reverse Scales are stocked in the Halloween event shop.

I actually just noticed that Phoenix Feathers aren't just a farmable material during the GUDAGUDA event, but are also point rewards. So I won't be able to ascend Altria until GUDAGUDA at the latest.

Edit:

Looks like Orleans servants will be on rate up. Plus, three summoning tickets.

Also, we're apparently getting three apology quartz for maintenance. Cool.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  10. Dr. Strange Lulz

That's quitter talk, right there.

I play Asian MMO's. Grind is life.

You merely adopted the grind; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the loot until I was already a man.

In all seriousness though, I'd actually like to see the math for the loot system. It seems to vary far too much to just be a standard percentage drop chance. I've gone 4 missions in a row without even a common drop. And then 6 missions in a row with multiple uncommons.

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

HALF AP DAILIES HYPE.

Get on that shit.

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Think there is a point pulling for jeanne if i have jeanne supports out the wazoo?

13. Pure Infinity

Well, you'll be able to equip her with a CE you want, plus you'll probably get more friend points, but not really. Well, aside from the satisfaction you'll get from having a cute french waifu.

Personally, I'm planning on making an attempt with the three summoning tickets we're getting. I'm saving all my quartz for her much hotter counterpart.

14. Jon

*sobs*

I-I j-just w-want o-o-one f-fucking Archer Monument.

Just one!

WHY DO YOU KEEP GIVING ME LANCER MONUMENTS. I DON'T WANT THEM.

I've spent a minimum of 600ap so far since half ap started.

I just.. need one... please.

15. Jon

Awwwwyeeehh.

Girugamesh has landed.

16. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Jon. I don't think I have you? Also. 12 Monuments for Altera. Hahahahahahaahahahahaha. FUCK YOU ARTORIA. Why does that bitch never drops monuments?

17. Jon

Invictus 'Jaune' is the username. Pretty sure I have you added. My Gilgamesh is under All, not Archer.

18. Dr. Strange Lulz

Her drop rate is fucking abysmal.

I actually ended up getting 3 of the 4 that I needed from Sabers in the first two battles rather than from Artoria.

Decided that going for the next 12 simply wasn't worth it.

Stocked on Lancer and Archer pieces and monuments though.

Edit: Wait, Jon's highest was Gil and he couldn't get Archer monuments. My highest was Artoria and I couldn't get Saber monuments. Conspiracy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  19. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Oh yeah. That does explain a lot. You Jaune lover. Rwby is shit.

And yeah Dr. Did it like, 30 times in the last week. Artoria dropped it exactly once. Meanwhile Caesar dropped it four times. MVP.

20. Jon

Rwby is shit. I agree. Jaune however is a close facsimile to Jon so it works.