1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I'd prefer Arturia with K-scope. Lancelot, while good, is not the best farmer around. The exception is when I need him specifically for events, but usually I just go for Vlad/Orion, Tam and Waver then. Also, did I have you on my friendslist? I can't remember.

2. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

@Oxy My FC is in my signature now. And yeah, had no luck with getting KS but I've stuck a limit broken Imaginary Numbers on Arturia instead. Gonna pimp up Lancelot for those annoying Lancer missions.

3. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Everyone's getting Saberlot or Ozy. All I wanted was Nito or Saberlot for consolation. Instead only got CEs .sad.

4. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

60 SQ, 10 tickets - 3 Origin Bullet, 4 Covering Fire.

RIP the Ozy dream.

Got Serenity though, who is utterly adorable in the story.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wish she was aoe so she could be a mini shuten / mini void shiki fusion. I would grail the shit out of her if so.

Single target debuffers are just kinda meh.

6. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

20 tickets and 60 SQ got me saberlot and the CEs which is cool. Haven't started the story yet, still a bit burnt out from all the events lol.

7. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Worked thru 15 tickets today at 5-ticket intervals and got Victor of the Moon, Covering Fire, and Tawara Touta.

Said fuck it, I'll try another... and Ozy came home.

Gonna rest now and decide if I wanna test my luck again before it ends.

8. Dr. Strange Lulz

God damn that would be sexy.

If I didn't already have an Assassin at 100 I would probably grail her anyway.

At some point after her strengthening quest I want to mess around with poison and see just what kind of evil-shenanigans poison comp I can come up with. DOTs are pretty underwhelming in FGO, I wonder what builds people have come up with to make them better.

9. Solfege

So for upcoming New Year's we should be getting a gacha with 7 different class/categories, and you get to choose 1 of the 7. The guaranteed 5* comes out of 2-4 possibilities from each class. That's your best chance to get a specific Servant.

25-50% is way better than the 10% grab bags we've seen/will see this year. You can check it here.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Anyone with a damaging arts NP that applies poison is basically meant to be support for Robin/Tamamo as an alternative to Waver. Let's you get off more modified Yew Bows per battle.

11. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Next Tamano banner is during Valentine, right?

12. Dr. Strange Lulz

Should be the Halloween rerun.

13. Ven Arima

Ven Arima Slug Club Member

Man, I've been getting 4 stars out the wazoo. It's nice and all but wow, getting Saberlot, Rama, and Martha all leveled is gonna be killer. Not to mention all the other servants I'm still working on. Though, it's kind of a nice feeling. Farming is so dull it's kind of relaxing.

As much as bringing Ozy home appeals to me, I'm dying for my Sun Bro and Harp Archer. That would fulfill my desires for my saber roster. I'm sorely lacking as far as Archer's and Assassin's go; Emiya and Hassan can only carry me so far. (Btw I would like to thank everyone on my friends list for providing me with reliable Archer/Assassin support.)

14. Solfege

Wish I had Rama. Doubt I'll have resources to wait on him unless all my (relatively parsimonious) luck/wishes come true and I pick him out of a guaranteed 4*.

Tristan's harp bow is pretty cool.

And I'm actually a little pissed that Emiya gets overshadowed by Archuria and Kuro. Ha. Gonna grail him anyway soon as strengthening quests come.

15. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Well, I'm all done with Camelot. Man, I wish Nasu had written the whole story, Camelot was amazing.

Would've been much harder without Euryale and Mash, but it was the most fun I had with the game in ages.

16. Ven Arima

Ven Arima Slug Club Member

So would you say that Euryale is an essential servant for getting through Camelot? And Mash becomes even more useful?

17. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Finished Camelot and holy crap that was definitely the best singularity by far. Cursed Arm Hassan is an absolute bro throughout that entire singularity and makes me glad he's been a mainstay in my team long term. I would like to thank Siegfried, Arjuna and Jeanne Ruler for their contributions throughout this singularity, and promise them 0 grails in response.

Going to be honest, I didn't find Gawain anywhere near as difficult as he was hyped up to be. Emiya / Arjuna / Jeanne Ruler were more than enough for me to murder all three of his forms. Fair enough, Euryale is definitely an easy to get servant to win it for those who can't just outslug him.

Mash gets even better buffs, yeah. Technically, she gets 3 major buffs in just this singularity.

Her defence skill gets upgraded to include a damage cut. She becomes a 4 star unit and her level cap increases to 70. And most importantly, she unlocks her level 2 noble phantasm, Lord Camelot, which is holy shit amazing in terms of buffs from a unit with 0 cost.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Essential? No. Extremely helpful against gawain and enforcement knights? Yes.

19. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Well, she is very very useful against Gwain but you can just use support. You will need Mash for the last Boss but don't think you need her for much else.

if you don't mind being spoiled I suggest watching this
    for the suggested servants for each boss.

20. Dr. Strange Lulz

Agreed. Finished like 5 minutes ago, Camelot is hands down my favorite singularity.

The characters were the absolute highlight of the entire story. Everyone had a unique personality, and a few of them quickly became new favorites of mine.

I avoided any story/plot spoilers for Camelot so I had no idea what to expect going in. By the time the three factions were shown I fully expected the Old Men of the Mountain to be villains in some way. And yet they turned out to be our best allies. The role reversal (Camelot bad - Assassins good) was pretty awesome.

The Good:
    - Cursed Arm is the man. I didn't expect his personality to be anything like that here.
    - Arash, who Ive always ignored, was great at taking care of the village and Rushd, and also used his NP in an awesome way.
    - Serenity is adorable, I enjoyed every frame she was in.
    - I liked Xuanzang in the Journey event, but her cute klutziness in Camelot completely won me over. I need to summon her now...
    - The backgrounds, character art, and cutscene work were all phenomenal. Particularly Ozy doing work on the wall at the end.

The Bad:
    - Nasu did a really good job of making me loathe the Knights of the Round.
    - Seriously, I fucking hated Tristan.
    - Gawain was a dick too.
    - Despite their alignment, it was nice to see that they each had distinct personalities and mannerisms instead of being stereotypical villain #1 and #2.

The Ugly:
    - Some of the scenes were incredibly wordy for no real reason. They could drag on for quite a while.
    - King Hassan made me fight Serenity, thought I killed her. Fuck that guy.

Euryale is my only leveled ST Archer, and I found her to be incredibly useful. Essential? Eh, not really. You can beat it with other Archers/setups, but she makes it a hell of a lot easier by doing 250k per NP. Given the choice I wouldn't do certain fights in Camelot without her. I did most of the big Saber fights with Waver, my 70 Euryale, and my friend's 90 Euryale.

Didn't really use Mash at all. I put her in the final fight so she could get the last hit on the boss. Didn't even use her NP or her taunt/tank. Not saying she isn't great, Camelot makes her even better, just didn't have a use for her outside of the flavor kill at the end.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018