1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Despite going into the event in a foul mood, I'm actually really enjoying the story and dialogue.

There are some great moments along the way.

The fact that they treat Kojiro like the meme he is makes me really happy.

And let us not forget the words of wisdom from the "super kawaii Blackbeard"

[​IMG]

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    My favorite moment so far was them going hunting and Saber trying to pull out her NP and not understanding why everyone was so shocked.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love that dork.

3. Nemrut

High Score:
    I mean, it is tainted by cheap fanservice but honestly, loving the flashes of insight into the characters of the event so far. Arturia is getting some nice moments, like that she is a bit petty in terms of competitions and interacting with her daughter, doesn't really know how to do anything not ruling or fighting related and how she is virtually useless in deciding between food and comfort things because she loves all of it, like that's just endearing as hell. Same with the other characters (although Tamamo's "I love you master" shtick is just a bit too on the nose and sad).

Have enough quartz for one more roll and am trying to find out what events will be coming in the future so that I can save up for a servant. Giving up on OG Saber for now since I do have Saber Alter so getting another if slightly better Saber isn't probably worth it. Would like either Surfer Mordred as Rider or Supersoaker Saber as Archer but Mordred isn't that good, I think and if I have enough heroes of one class it is the archer one. Since I have Emiya, Orion, the pirate duo and Atlante feels like I shouldn't go for another Archer.

I guess I could save up for Jalter but it seems like that is going to take a while anyway and most I have is Servants I wouldn't mind getting rather than must have characters.

4. Mestre

Mestre Professor

@Nemrut , I was checking your support to suggest something and I noticed the lack of a Golden Lancer and options on the 4 Cavalry Classes.

Mordred is fun if you Tamano for NP spam. It is ironic most of the servants needTamano and I don't have her, I will probably skip Jalter to roll for her on Halloween.

5. Nemrut

High Score:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my current lineup, have some more lesser heroes of course so they aren't listed.

I guess caster Tomamo is an option. Any other suggestions?

6. Dr. Strange Lulz

If you can pull her, Archuria is insanely good.

Other than that the big servants coming up are Illya and Jalter. Then you've got the absolute insanity that is November, December, and January.

Ishtar
    Enkidu
    Caster Gil
    Quetz
    Merlin
    Musashi
    Grandpa Hassan

Rip.

You'd benefit from a support caster like Merlin, but honestly just run him from one of the countless friend supports that'll have him.

You need a stronger non-berserker damage core, so I'd probably recommend Jalter, and then pairing her with either your existing Atlanta or with Enkidu, both of whom will stargen so Jalter can crit like a beast. Shiki's QAA brave chains also have decent stargen, she can also crit pretty well.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  7. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Later this year you also have the Babylon Servants: Caster Gil, Aztec Rider, Enkidu, King Hassam(?!), Gorgon(if you want an Avenger) and most important Merlin.

Edit:
    Kuro is a very good welfare servant after summer. Ninjad

8. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So the JP Anniversary just announced that there'll be an anime movie for Camelot by IG Productions and a TV anime for Babylon by Cloverworks.

9. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

So I really Wanted Tomamo and I knew how these games work. I forced myself to put the game down for 60 days. When I came back I got this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two pulls and I'm out of the free quartz. Worth it though Now I should probably finish the france story part....

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Type Moon makes the most dubious feather-touch marketing decisions, despite having the funds to go absolutely full pedal.

If they were smart, they'd build off the first "movie", up the quality, and do short mini-movies for Orleans to NA. Then market the whole thing as a sort of Kara no Kyoukai compilation series.

After that, drop a big movie for Camelot a la Heaven's Feel style, and then culminate with a high budget series for Babylon.

Dropping straight into Camelot with only the shitty fuyuki installment as a reference is just begging the non-fgo playing fate fans to take a hard pass.

11. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The stated reason for choosing these two is that the JP userbase voted that those were their favorite singularities.

12. Dr. Strange Lulz

Doesn't change the fact that it's a poor decision.

The problem is that they made a mistake early on, which heavily affected this decision.

None of the singularities should have been written by anyone other than Nasu. The ones that are written by him are pretty much universally considered to be the best.

If he had written them there would have been a quality base that they could spin off into a long-lasting show or even a series of movies that spanned every singularity.

We could have had a game where every singularity was on par with Camelot...

Instead, we got London and America.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for a Camelot movie. But they could have done so much more if only they invested a little more effort along the way.

13. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I'm wondering how they'll deal with the pre-singularity moments. The movie will be pretty awkward if they kick it off with an infodump about Mash's condition.

Otherwise, I couldn't care less we'll have no movies of the previous singularities; Camelot is the only one that got me hooked from start to finish. I haven't read Babylonia yet, but if it's half as good as Camelot I'm sold.

14. Dr. Strange Lulz

I doubt we'll get any background info on Mash besides a throwaway line here or there.

Pretty sure they're banking on making most of their movie profits in JP, from the FGO players there, and assume that they'll know the background. And when you take into account the sheer number of players over there, if even half of them go see the movie (since it's JP I'm assuming it'll likely get a theatrical release) they're set to make a tidy profit, then there's dvd/blu-ray sales on top.

I heartily agree though, Camelot was the first one to really make me fall in love with the story.

15. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

The other singularities are irrelevant and also barely have a cohesive enough plot to make a movie off. Only the ending of London is important plotwise and it can easily be put in any other singularity with some adjustments. Makes sense they picked it. I fully expect a long ass series of movies for the Lostbelts though.

16. Nemrut

High Score:
    Well, done all the missions for part 1, now farming for the shop. It's fun and less intense than the kara no kyokai event even if I am so far salty as fuck that rider mordred and archer arturia are eluding me and will keep doing so for the rest of the event.

Here is something fun from tumblr:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Onii

Onii Slug Club Member

question and i know im going to sound like an nub for this but do i have to do all parts of the base a, b, c, in the first one to get assin scarh's NP upgrades? like ive dont ll of part A but do i now have to do B and C?

18. Dr. Strange Lulz

*Beating Part 1 Main Story Quests will give you a Temporary Copy of Scathach.

*You must beat Part 2 Main Story Quests to make Scathach Permanent or else she will disappear along with all your progress on her.

*You can obtain her Ascension Materials from Part 1 Event Shop

*You can obtain her Extra Copies for NP Upgrades by Beating Part 2 Brilliant Summer Trial Quests.

*Beating Part 2 Summer Trial Quests will give you Gae Bolg Replica items for you to exchange at Part 2 Event Shop

From the Summer 2016 Guide

19. Onii

Onii Slug Club Member

Thank you man.

20. Dr. Strange Lulz

Four tickets from 400 day anniversary + one from weekly.

Four 3* CEs and then gold sparks.

Oh shit this is it! Finally!

Anne and Mary NP2...