1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Cyclops, Nov 7, 2013.

1. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Did they just change canon in this episode regarding Berserker's God Hand? Coz I swear I heard Illya say he regenerates once every three days... WTF?

Anyway, no explosions this time. Michael Bay, you disappoint me.

BTW, Sakura = Boobs.

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I sort of took it to mean that his twelve lives regenerate every three days. So if he were to lose seven lives in a fight, then it would take three days to go from five to twelve again. But I don't know.

EDIT:

That makes sense too I guess.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  3. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

It wasn't in the original Visual Novel, but there was some extra material that said Berserker regenerates one life every three days.

4. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The episode was pretty good. The only thing I really didn't like was Sakura and the fact that she is moving in with Shirou. I just don't enjoy watching her character so far.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Nasu/Genji have been reading a lot of terrible fanfics, mark my words.

6. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Nasu isn't involved in this show at all, unless you're talking about extra stuff that Type Moon has made, and who's Genji?

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    It was a joke because a pretty popular fate albeit shit fate fic had Sakura move into Shirou's house. Genji is Genji.

8. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Exposition was exposition. It's good to see they're taking their time and paying attention to details. It's nice. I'm a little torn on the added content, but it isn't bad so it's fine.

And more Sakura. Sakura is love. Sakura is life.

Praise be to the Sakura.

9. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

/vomits

God no.

Anyway, i liked the episode, though it's very obviously a 'downtime' episode, where nothing much but exposition and character development happens. I also liked the additions, the Ayako scene was :3.

10. meev

meev Groundskeeper

They weren't. In fact they were cut down compared to the original.

All they did was do both scenes of a choice, which in the VN either led to the meeting with Kuzuki or talking with Ayako.

They also cut out the scene where Saber "convinces" Shirou to let her come to school by stalking him.
    This is wrong. Nasu specifically wrote extra scenes for them. At the very least, the track girls meeting Shirou and Gil and Kirei's conversation were by Nasu.

I've never heard or seen anything of this. Which extra material?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  11. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

TYPE-MOON Wiki. It doesn't cite a specific source for it though. It says Fate/Side Materials, but the translation only gives the effect of God Hand, not the regeneration of lives. However, the wiki states

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/God_Hand

Basically, everywhere I've looked for this source (in the past) has stated that Nasu said it at some point, but I've never found a concrete source or example of him saying it.

12. meev

meev Groundskeeper

"stated by Leysritt"

They're referencing this episode. Basically it's a guess. We still don't know whether it's three days to regenerate all lives (The Noble Phantasm in its entirety) or one.

Certainly all the VN says is that because of Illya's absurd mana level, Berserker can regenerate lives. Never the amount of time it took.

Plus, the only way Fate actually makes sense is if Berserker regenerated several lives in a few hours.

13. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

I believe it was in Fate/Complete Material Volume III. I've heard this claimed by several different parties, but since I can't find a translation, I can't verify it myself.

14. meev

meev Groundskeeper

This is the only translations of complete material 3 stuff that I know of, and arai, who has read all this stuff and translated a lot of the side stuff forever (basically all of it after baiken stopped and before food came along) didn't know about the three days thing before this.

So I'm pretty sure it's entirely new.

15. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Yeah, I meant the routes duh. Once, without the voice-over, second, with the voice over.

That's so weird about Berserker regenerating lives though. LN-canon wise, in their stat menu, all three routes states that God Hand only has 12 lives because of Berserker doing the 12 labors. Also nullifies B-ranked magic and NP or any other damage not A rank or more.

Also, Fate route makes sense even without the regenerating lives. Archer took 5-6 lives I think while Saber just instantly killed 7 lives worth. So, he was overkilled.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  16. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Well, I have no idea about the three days thing, but the fact he regenerates lives has been around for ages. I've seen it in forum posts dated to 2007.

17. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

The latest episode is very good. I like that they are slow rolling the overall plot and putting in a lot of character scenes. The fight between Rin and Shirou was great, and that ending scene...

Really looking forward to next week.

18. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

I never get tired of Rider's boobs... It's even better than Rias' boobs. Glorious episode, too bad she won't get a lot of screentime... I wish this was Fate/Hollow instead.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  19. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

Great episode. Shirou still annoys the hell out of me, but somehow it isn't really detracting from my overall enjoyment of the show.

20. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

I can't help but think Kiritsugu would've cleaned up in this war in a couple of days. There's always something very weird about the lack of serious participants - and I don't consider Rin to be a serious participant. Perhaps that's in part Kirei's doing as he offed one of them prior to the war really starting, but Rin, Shirou, Illya, Shinji compared to Tokiomi, Kiritsugu, Kariya, Kayneth is just a 180.