1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Winx

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by walkjj, Mar 4, 2021.

1. walkjj

walkjj Second Year

Thoughts?

I have been pleasantly surprised, especially given the original source material...
    The show is surprisingly dark and has some nice twists. I am on episode 6 and there has been some decent world building without excessive exposition. There is still the requisite amount of woke teenagers but much more bearable than the clusterfuck that is Sabrina. It is also counterbalanced by some pleasing crudity.
    I think for me one of the facts it works is that the predominant accents are various British dialects so some of the cheesier lines are a tad less painful.

Characters have been interesting and even the typical frustration of characters doing slightly stupid things has been somewhat believable giving the circumstances.

The magic system has so far been somewhat vague and may become a weakness aka Sabrina, but if the writers can keep some semblance of a system it is satisfying enough.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As soon as someone at Fairy World School mentioned updating insta I immediately dropped it. They got Fairy World 5G? Verizon expanding into Fairy World yeah?

Big "no thank you" to lower-budget lower-quality gen-Z Magicians.

3. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I watched this. It wasn't awful, but most of my enjoyment came from my love of the magical school trope.

Possibly helped along by not having seen the original.

4. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

I liked the Sabrina remake way more than the Winx remake. The new series honestly feels like an original script they Ctrl + F’d some winx names into. The writers butchered every single aspect of the show: the friendship between the girls, the villain, the origin story, the transformations, etc. I did like a few things... like, I didn’t hate the new version of Stella, and Musa’s romance plot line was really cute. But overall it’s a mess and I can’t believe it’s getting a second season. There are just some ideas you shouldn’t touch with a low budget and a live action winx is one of them