1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Fanfic authors?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by trollolol, Mar 27, 2012.

1. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

We would, but it'd be a lot smaller.

2. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

Most of my favorite authors have already been mentioned, but I have some who has not:
    Rorschach's blot: His Make a Wish universe have made me laugh out loud many times.

Miranda Flairgold: I love the universe she have created in A Second Chance at Life and I am still hoping she will complete that triology.

ShadeDancer: I love her work even if she writes a bit of slash sometimes. Her Blood Prince series is one of my alltime favorites.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  3. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Damn man, i just read this and now I really feel like I need to write more. I almost feel guilty.

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I wish I had read your stories, especially To Sleepwalk in Shadow, when you were writing them, as opposed to several months later.

I hope you do keep writing. It's not outrageous to suggest that a lot of writers here would like to take parts of your writing and incorporate it into their own.

5. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

*tries to remember who Zennith is*

*checks his thread history*

*sees The Other Side of the Coin*

Zennith, you need to get back to work. :sherlock:

6. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

I'm not trying to add to this already massive guilt trip, but Reprieve is on my all-time favorites list, right next to other authors from DLP.

Just tossing that out there 8)

7. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I had to pick one author who's works I will never forget, it would have to be Shezza. Not only was the Denarian Trilogy incredible, it also introduced me to the Dresden Files.

8. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Andro, so you know, your post in this thread is pretty much what caused me to start writing Parting Gifts. So thanks for that.

9. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No shit, thanks Andro, and thanks Zennith for writing it, already it's one of my favorite WIPs

10. Jester

Jester Seventh Year DLP Supporter

The story that got me super interested in the possibilities of fanfiction was Dakaath by LT2000. hasn't aged super well but one of my favourites. Also one of the coolest Naruto stories on FFN. I second S'Tarkan for some recognition. Also Zennith equals awesome face.

11. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait.

Dakaath was a Naruto cross?

o_O

12. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

I don't think he meant that. Maybe Jester doesn't know how to type, so try to understand his emotions.:rolleyes:

Should have been ,

'Also for one of the coolest Naruto story on FFN, I second S'Tarkan for some recognition.'

Wait, I had to change it too much. Maybe Jester really meant what Taure said. :facepalm

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  13. Jester

Jester Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Oops. I mean't that Nine Tailed Serpent was one of the coolest Naruto stories on FFN. I'm a newb.

14. 13thadaption

13thadaption Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Wow, this thread makes me want to go back and read a lot of old stories.

I wouldn't chose Shezza as having the best technique as a writer, I can remember some clumsy moments in his trilogy, but damned if it wasn't one of the most entertaining things I have ever read. Great characters, great (big) plot, just fun as hell.

Swim is amazing. I've been following Circular Reasoning since before I joined DLP, and it has more moments that stick out in my memory than any other fanfic I've read. Which is quite something for a story still in its opening acts. And he's stuck with the damn thing for at least 6 years, which is impressive, much appreciated, and somewhat insane.

I never got all the way through Joe's Hero trilogy, but Wastelands was the kind of story that made me have to get up and walk it off after reading a new chapter. I got an adrenaline buzz just reading it.

Nuhuh is another author who brings the fucking awesome. Demon's Feign, Merlin's Pain was comprised of at least 70% fucking awesome. The rest was insanity and lolis.

enembee is undisputed master of the AU. If you've read his stuff you know why, enough said. I will that his character writing, usually not as strong as his worldbuilding, is starting to shine through more in recent stories.

RustyRed's Ectomancer is everything an adventure story should be. If it ever gets finished enembee may have some competition for best AU.

Calz gets a mention because while I never read a fanfic by him, Rules of the Trade's tags describe it perfectly. It is composed of equal parts violent abominations and pure awesome.

Ryuugi Shi gets a shout out too. While none of his stories are particular favorites of mine, he tackles new ideas and writes at a rate and volume science cannot explain. It's like no one ever told him fanfic authors are supposed to take forever to post new material.

A couple of author's I haven't seen mentioned yet (and sorry if I missed them):

Mizuni-Sama. Prince of the Dark Kingdom isn't my kind of story in a lot of ways, but damn if the sheer breadth of the thing isn't impressive as hell. Writing a quality fic that long and involved shows a lot of talent and dedication, even if it isn't to my taste. Bonus points for writing an excellent Voldemort.

Does anyone remember Draco664? I haven't read the Apprentice Potter trilogy in forever, and I know it had some elements that seem a bit juvenile in retrospect, but I seem to remember a lot of good too. Basilisk + Vatican = Awesome.

And finally, love it or hate it: Jono. It took me three tries to get through Stranger in an Unholy Land. Canon!Harry was that annoying. I didn't like how Harry's family was handled (Rose?). I didn't like how his "integration" with the dark knight was written (occlumency and shattering sanity and blah blah blah). I did not enjoy how painfully canon Harry was, right down to the infuriating denseness. The abandoned sequel was bewilderingly retarded. But after finally finishing Stranger,I hardly remembered that stuff. I remember the fucking climax, and I will probably always consider it the example against which all other climaxes are measured. Somehow all the frustration that went into getting there just made the payoff sweeter. While I didn't like all of Stanger I will argue that it was a very, very well written story. And Jono wrote some pretty slick fight scenes, too.

There's lots of other people that deserve mention, but I have to leave this somewhere, or it will never end.

Damn, a stroll through ff.net makes me forget it sometimes, but the fanfic community has had some hella impressive moments. Especially DLP.

15. capo327

capo327 Sixth Year

Shezza and jbern would be tied for my favorite fan fic author. Too bad they don't write HP anymore. Jbern's Hat and shezza's Harry are two of the best wisecrackers I've ever read in any fiction,.

16. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Theoretically we should see more JBern this year, A Truth Worth Dying For is supposedly a thing.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  17. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

That's the sequel to the Lie I've Lived right? TELL ME MORE!

No seriously, did he actually say he'd being doing a sequel this year? When did he say that?

18. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    It was on his FFn profile I think, I assume it's still there.

19. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

It was an year ago. :(

The Truth I'd Die For is on the top of my list for the stories I wanna read. The last line of the prequel predicts unimaginable awesome.

20. SWOLF

SWOLF Squib

JBern, MirandaFlairgold, and ... god damnit I forgot, simply because they are the few authors who's works I enjoyed as much or more than Jo's.

Now could someone kindly give me linkage for this mystery man Joe cause me no findy.

{EDIT} Nevermind I found him.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012