1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

FF net app

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leonard, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Leonard

Leonard Banned

How many of you use the ffn app? I have been using it lately and it's far better than using the actual website which is very outdated site with ads. It's very easy to read in whatever setting you want, no ads and even better they have audios of any fanfic you want to read. The audio player is really good and the narration of any fanfic is almost good as audible.

2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

If I’m being honest, I didn’t even know there was an app. Will check it out when the website shits the bed again.

I’m not sure I buy that text to speech is as good as audible though.

3. Leonard

Leonard Banned

The only downside is the American accent for British setting. Text to speech is really good it's a bit robotic but you get fan fiction audiobook of anything you want so you can't really complain.

4. yargle

yargle Professor

I have adblocker so why would I need the app? I hate text to speech and I read very quickly anyways.

5. Harpo the Fool

Harpo the Fool Fifth Year

I use fichub to read ffn stories without ads. It lets you download all the chapters at once so you can read without internet. There's no way I'm going to use the ffn app for reading, but I've thought of trying to reverse engineer the protocol if it becomes necessary to do so.

Also I agree with Yargle about hating text to speech. I read fanfic because I like reading. If I wanted to listen instead of reading, I could turn on the television and even get moving pictures with the audio.