1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Fidelius by Ishtar - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

So this story was loved at first, then people began to hate it. The link itself is dead, and I haven't seen any other link to where it can be found elsewhere. If anyone finds a link, please add it here.

2. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

FFA link

Good idea, become shitty when Harry became a house-elf, among other stupid things. From what I recall 4/5 that deteriorated into a 2/5. Didn't finish it, though.

3. Imperius

Imperius First Year

Scrittore has got to have made a record with his 200 posts in 10 something days.

I understand that the library threads cannot be necroed but this is getting very irritating. I see ton's on new posts on old stories which are long dead.

It seems he is on a mission to post a comment on every story that exists on this forum. I would ask to be a bit more considerate of us lurkers and SHUT THE F*** UP.

4. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

We're supposed to be commenting on neglected stories, many of whom definitely don't belong in the Library any more.

Most of us are just being lazy.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yes, I'm wondering how you missed the "Notice" bar at the top of the page whenever you're in a library forum/thread, Imperius. It's kinda hard to, it's fairly obvious.

6. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Look at what Memory and Sree said before me. Then go ahead and apologize if you're a real man.

7. Imperius

Imperius First Year

I didn't realize that notice meant giving review to every story in this forum. Its annoying cause, I can't see the stories that are actually being updated due to this. I am sure there must be many more who are facing similar problem.

Can't we shift all these neglected stories to a single section so that they can be rated and reviewed there and then shift back those that pass the criteria.

Anyways I may have jumped the gun with this and I would like to retract my earlier statements. But please give some serious thought to my suggestion.

8. Grubdubdub

A better idea would be to tag all old stories once bumped. Anyway, no need to be melodramatic.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fucking lol. Thats all here.

Think about the fact that you are not the only person on this forum. In fact, a lot of us, myself included, get updates on stories the same way that you do. However, most of us actually realize that the library does in fact need to be cleaned out, and as such, are being patient while excellent folks such as Scrittore, Andromalius and darklordmike put their time and effort into reading and reviewing most of the stories in the library, that most of us wouldn't touch with a 20 foot extendo penis.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, props to them, if they want to do it, i'll certainly not complain. Not to mention, the library will start being a good place to browse for fics again, once the trash is cleaned out.

I am willing to admit that your suggestion does in fact make sense. But then think about the ridiculous amount of work Lord Ravenclaw would have to put in to do that, just so a few of us can be lazy. Naw, I think the current system is probably how it's going to say.

Huh? What do you mean? How does this help to the current discussion?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  10. Grubdubdub

If there were to be an "Old Story" tag, Imperius and others could check for it before opening the thread.

11. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, I gotcha.

Do we really want to keep all of them though? Its reasonably frustrating having so much shit that no one wants to read in there.